Cobra RADSPEED Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Something I forgot to mention: The hybrids. I have a 21 and 24 in Radspeed, with MMT stiff standard build with Golf Pride tour Velvet Align grips. Very confidence inspiring, easy to hit and launch. They absolutely go the distance I need and set very nice behind the ball. When I first swung the 24 degree I thought it was a kids club it looked so easy to hit.

Something I forgot to mention: The hybrids. I have a 21 and 24 in Radspeed, with MMT stiff standard build with Golf Pride tour Velvet Align grips. Very confidence inspiring, easy to hit and launch. They absolutely go the distance I need and set very nice behind the ball. When I first swung the 24 degree I thought it was a kids club it looked so easy to hit.

Did you go with stock shaft length? I was fit into my F9 3H going with 40” shaft. Was thinking if I went 5H I’d maybe go 39” (so 1/4” short - not earth shattering difference).

The 3w has been amazing. I forced myself to take off the tee once and used on a couple of Par 5's. This is so much easier to hit than the XR Pro I had previously. If the Radspeed XB wasn't so much fun to hit I would use the 3w a lot more. I only used the hybrid once in my round today and it was a descent flight that I pulled a little. On the range the hybrid is getting better.

So. Someone sell me on this as the 7W option I try out….

im sure our games are not comparable, but I have never had a club quite like the RadSpeed 7 wood.
I just put the slightly ahead of center hit down on it and I have a ball that flies 215-225 and lands as soft as I do my 6 iron. Until now I have never had a club that I felt confident from that distance.
The loft at address at first was a little off putting, but now all I think about is how confident I am with it.

Did you go with stock shaft length? I was fit into my F9 3H going with 40” shaft. Was thinking if I went 5H I’d maybe go 39” (so 1/4” short - not earth shattering difference).

I went stock length coming from Apex 19 hybrids in the same positions in my bag. I feel I’ve upgraded in ease of use for sure.

The 24 and 21 degree hybrids have allowed me to change my iron play. I can play a distance now. Before I felt I had to chase distance to keep gaps even. These are so easy to hit. Would recommend for any level. I have yet to experience a left bias and my miss is left

Used the 4h once off the tee for a 205 par 3 and once on an approach. Still love the trajectory it gives me with the MMT shaft. I’m still smitten.

Used the fairway woods four times.

shot 1 - 3 wood off the tee on a short par 4; yanked it hard left.
shot 2 - 3 wood off the deck from 235 on a par 5; slice city leaving 80 yards from the rough on the next hole coming back at us
shot 3 - reload from spot 2 with the 3w; caught this one flush and was pin high, just a few paces off the left side of the green
shot 4 - 5 wood off a good lie in light rough, topped into the tall grass

So 1 out of 4 at the moment and the three misses were bad! I need to work that out this summer. I’ve got heavier weights on order to see if that helps me feel where the club is. These clubs and my swing need some work.

The 24 and 21 degree hybrids have allowed me to change my iron play. I can play a distance now. Before I felt I had to chase distance to keep gaps even. These are so easy to hit. Would recommend for any level. I have yet to experience a left bias and my miss is left
Maybe the rails are magic but it feels like the hybrids just want to go straight. My miss off the deck with hybrids is right and I just haven’t seen that so far.

Maybe the rails are magic but it feels like the hybrids just want to go straight. My miss off the deck with hybrids is right and I just haven’t seen that so far.

I SO expected to miss the 7 wood to the right. So far so good. I'll get the entire bag on a fairly hard track on Friday and see what I'm capable of. I've seen enough from the clubs to know that it isn't a build or quality issue. Nothing short of amazing so far.

These today were fantastic. I played the 5w once and got a nice 200 yards from the deck on a par 5. Super easy to hit and the flight was great.

The 4h was my workhorse and saw a lot of work. It really made up for some bad drives and I’m really thankful this is in the bag. I can see myself using these a long time!

Every single one of these posts is making me absolutely itch to get mine in the bag! I absolutely love the Speedzone woods and hybrids, and by the sounds of things these are just a step above those in every way. The excitement is real..

So. Someone sell me on this as the 7W option I try out….
Do you like hitting high strait shots that land and stop from really far away? If not, then stay away from this 7 wood.

For those following this thread, you’ve seen how I’ve struggled to dial in the fairway woods. While at my local shop getting a different club reshafted, we started talking about the new cobra sticks. (They we’re great in working with me during the fitting process). I brought up how I’ve been struggling a bit with the fairway woods so into the bay we went.

Tested a couple different heads with their stock stiff shafts. Each one was markedly more consistent than my RadSpeed which I had with me (they had wanted to see the copper irons). We started talking about the different characteristics of the clubs/shafts and couldn’t quite pinpoint what would cause the differences, until we threw them on the swingweight scale. The RadSpeed was D0 for my build and the others were D2 and D4. 5 grams of lead tape later and we were in business. It was almost like having a new club.

I wasn’t aware I was that sensitive to swing weight until this exercise. Time will tell over my weekend trip if it holds, but my guess is by next week the adjustable weights that Cobra provides will be going into the clubs.

Last edited:
RADSpeed Tour 5wood. It’s a monster. Sits slightly open but turning it to the 17.5D setting seems to have changed the lie angle. Fades turned into straight shots with nice penetrating ball flights that didn’t balloon. It’s challenging but eases the worries about removing my favorite club from the bag.

Pretty sure I figured out the hybrid now. I really exaggerated the takeaway to prevent the clubhead from shooting inside too fast. As I got that dialed in I was seeing some absolute bombs with the hybrid. It took some work but I think this is another weapon now.

Had these out again today and I have to say, they may be my favorite hybrids. I can hit both the 3 and 4 hybrid with a ton of confidence!

The fairway is hit or miss. More of a swing issue than club, I’ve always had issues with fairway consistency

Had these out again today and I have to say, they may be my favorite hybrids. I can hit both the 3 and 4 hybrid with a ton of confidence!

The fairway is hit or miss. More of a swing issue than club, I’ve always had issues with fairway consistency
These hybrids are so good! Had the 4 hybrid stop within 10’. It was awesome!

The 3w is still the star of the show in my bag. It is funny because I hit it 3 times in my round on Saturday and 2 of them were straight pulls and the 3rd was beautiful. The reason I like this club so much is the ease of getting the ball in the air that my XR16 Pro didn't have. The 2 bad shots I hit were both being quick but the ball was airborne and traveled the desired distance in the air, they were just left. I just have to slow down my tempo to fix that issue which I did on the 3rd one and saw the potential of the club. The only thing I think about hitting the 3w is how easy it is to hit. The hybrid did not see any action on Saturday. Need to play a different course to get that club some action.

I think these will definitely be the first clubs I write a full review. They have been really good for me even while I am struggling finding a swing. I think these FW's are really reliable and they want to launch high and go strait. Very little tail either way on them when they are struck well. I have been really impressed so far.

I have these hybrids in 21 and 24 degrees with MMTs in stiff flex. They are stated to be a "4H and 5H" but mixing with the King Tours they fill the gap perfectly as a 4 and 3 iron replacement. So easy to hit. No leftward bias for my swing. Easy to elevate and not much run out. the 24 degree is around the 205-210 and 220 for the 21 degree. The loft on the 21 is the same as where I play the 7 wood (my experimental club for the Morgan Cup)

The 7 wood is easier for me to hit high off the tee and travels around 225-230 on a perfect shot. I only have 2 rounds with these clubs on a course that is significantly longer than the courses I've grown use to over the years. The rails off the ground seem to really help slide through. I have only hit one FW out of the rough.

High balls into greens with any of the three mentioned clubs are not a concern.

I did not play a fairway prior to these clubs as I used a Mizuno CLK 2020 2H lofted at 15 degrees. My replacement club for that is the Tour 5 wood. It really isn't much different. The ball flight is considerably higher leading to less run out. It has hurt me at times but that is due to a bad decision and shot selection. I encountered a shot today that had the ball slightly above my feet out of the rough, Pin 220 away. . I figured why not try it. Flight was high, nice pretty draw shape. Ball lands about 20 yards short and right of the green on the hillside.

My expectations were far exceeded. So far so good.... now its just waiting on the putter to see if I can figure out that part of my game.

The swingweight story might have been a honeymoon period for me with the fairway woods. Had a range session with them and I’m still struggling a bit. I’m not sure what exactly it is. Maybe the rails as I’m a bit of a picker? It sits a bit closed to my eye, maybe I feel the need to manipulate it from that? Maybe I’m just a headcase? Maybe they are just so good I’m not worthy? I just can’t seem to find any consistency.

That said, my brother, who I’ve never seen really play a fairway wood well, just makes sweet music with these. They just launch and go in his hands.

However, I maintained a little bit of pride in that the hybrid is something special when I operate it. It just can launch and go, with the height I like to see to get some stopping power. My be the favorite club in my bag at the moment.

Man the way you guys talk about the Hybrid makes me think I will miss not having one. 🤔

I’m a half step away from adding another one to the stable. Just not sure if I want to go with tried-and-true RadSpeed or add the adjustability factor.

Last edited:
Man the way you guys talk about the Hybrid makes me think I will miss not having one. 🤔

I can see them being an addition to anyones bag. I don't feel like I'm going to lose it left. Makes it easy to swing free.

I’m a have to step away from adding another one to the stable. Just not sure if I want to go with tried-and-true RadSpeed or add the adjustability factor.

The King Tec looks nice to me but I don't have a need now that I've got a role and distance kinda lined out for each club. I have fully assigned the 21 hybrid as a punch/utility/chipper/bump and run club plus full shots if I need it to be lower than the 7 wood. The 24 is a standard 4 iron shot for me now.

Back