Review Big Max Dri Lite Hybrid and Dri Lite Sport Golf Bag Review

This was a great article JB. Went to their website to check out the bags a little more. I have been shopping for a stand bag that will get along with my ClicGear 4.0. I really like the integrated kick stand and floor. Was seriously considering a Ping Hoofer 14 as I like the individual slots for each club but I keep reading about tangle issues. This review has me completely rethinking my choices.

Love the looks of the Dri Lite hybrid

Last edited:
Thinking they should get these into Budget Golf so we could enjoy the THP discount.
Are we thinking these are similar to SM or who. I like it but have never seen one until today. But like it alot.

Great looking bags. Awesome features in the hybrid bag.

Have used a hybrid & cart Bigmax for a couple of years now (daughter now has the cart one) - both held up fantastic even through the British weather. Might get myself a new cart one.

Did you test to see if a large putter grip will fit in the hybrid stand bag? Would like to get one of these but not sure if would fit a Toulon putter with the large factory/stock stroke lab grip.

Did you test to see if a large putter grip will fit in the hybrid stand bag? Would like to get one of these but not sure if would fit a Toulon putter with the large factory/stock stroke lab grip.

The 14 way divider appears t hold most grips. We had it loaded up with a Toulon oversize and it worked fine.

Super!! I'm getting one...YEAH!!

My guy at Big Max tells me the Hybrid is really a good bag.
One of the best they have come out with - sits in a cart perfectly if you decided to ride.

I have a Hybrid bag that just showed up at my office. Can’t wait to try it out.

I got a Big Max push cart and have been very pleased with it. I expect Santa will get me the Hybrid bag this Christmas. :)

Bumping this thread to see if anyone picked one of these bags up.
Big Max has the Dri Lite Stand Bag on sale and wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on either bag.

Big Max has the Dri Lite Stand Bag on sale and wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on either bag.
I think @JDax picked up the stand bag.

I’ve got the Stand Bag, really for this time of year. We play golf year round here in Middle TN but it’s cold, wet and sloppy from November to March.

This bag is working out great. I have some small nitpicks on the placement of the valuables pocket, but that’s it. I highly recommend the Dri Lite Stand Bag.

Doing a lot of research on the Dri Lite Hybrid Stand Bag and seeing nothing but great things about it. Will be coming from a Sun Mountain Sync which I have been using for about 6 or so years. Was pretty dead set on getting another Sync but supply has been an issue with it for a while. I like that this Big Max comes in lighter, has a lot more waterproof features and adds legs. Everything I have read raves about it's use with push carts (about 98% of my rounds are pushing) so I am about sold on it. Same price point as the currently unavailable Sync also.

Doing a lot of research on the Dri Lite Hybrid Stand Bag and seeing nothing but great things about it. Will be coming from a Sun Mountain Sync which I have been using for about 6 or so years. Was pretty dead set on getting another Sync but supply has been an issue with it for a while. I like that this Big Max comes in lighter, has a lot more waterproof features and adds legs. Everything I have read raves about it's use with push carts (about 98% of my rounds are pushing) so I am about sold on it. Same price point as the currently unavailable Sync also.
I don’t think you will be disappointed in the Dri Lite Hybrid Stand bag... I love mine.

Ordered the Dri Lite Hybrid Monday night and received it this afternoon. No screwing around in getting it shipped out. Loaded up and ready for action tomorrow.
20210430_194858.jpg
20210430_194808.jpg
20210430_194726.jpg

First impressions are that it seems like an awesome bag. I walk and push my Clicgear 3.5+ for all rounds and already loaded it on that and it fits great. The extra 1" they added to the height of the bag looks like it will make it easier to get the wedges out of the bottom row even with my rangefinder stuck to the top of the push cart console. Will post more thoughts on this bag as I start to use it.

Last edited:
Successful first round with the Dri Lite Hybrid today. Fit on my Clicgear 3.5+ perfectly and did not twist at all during the rounds. Added bonus is that the shoulder straps on the front of the bag makes it much easier to put in and get it out of the trunk in comparison to the single strap on the back of the bag of my previous bag. Was really happy to find out that my 24 oz. stainless steel bottle fit in the cooler pocket.

If you are a person that likes to pack everything, including the kitchen sink, in your bag, this is probably not the bag for you. I am pretty much a minimalist with what I put in my golf bag so I have a lot of unused pocket space in all bags I have used.

Dri Lite Hybrid update after 6 rounds:

It turned out the bag did not mesh well at all with the Clicgear 3.5+ push cart. The bag showed very significant wear on each side where the bag was secured by the top bracket of the push cart. I had the bag snugly secured in both the top and bottom brackets so it would not twist around during the round. I contacted Big Max and they had no problem living up to their 30 day guarantee and they are sending me a Dri Lite Sport cart bag as a replacement. I didn't want to take a chance on the same issue happening with another Hybrid so decided to go a different route.

Big Max Dri Lite series bag part 2. This time the replacement Sport cart bag. A couple of extra pockets over the Hybrid and adds a putter well, in addition to the 14 spots for swing clubs. Have not used it yet but did put it on my Clicgear 3.5+ and it sets up much better on the push cart than the Hybrid did. Due to where the top brackets and straps hit on the bag, I don't see the brackets destroying the top part of the bag like they did on the Hybrid.

20210522_123421.jpg20210522_123505.jpg

A few weeks in with the Dri Lite Sport Cart Bag and really like it. Works perfectly with my Clicgear 3.5+. Quite similar bag to the Sun Mountain Sync bag I used on the push cart for about 6 years before getting the Sport. Today was the first time I got rained on while playing since I got the bag and the water resistant and waterproof features worked perfectly. Everything inside the bag stayed dry which is a huge improvement over the Sync. I would have had to take everything out of the Sync when I got home and left it under a hard blowing ceiling fan overnight and hoped it dried out before my round the next day.

Dri Lite Hybrid update after 6 rounds:

It turned out the bag did not mesh well at all with the Clicgear 3.5+ push cart. The bag showed very significant wear on each side where the bag was secured by the top bracket of the push cart. I had the bag snugly secured in both the top and bottom brackets so it would not twist around during the round. I contacted Big Max and they had no problem living up to their 30 day guarantee and they are sending me a Dri Lite Sport cart bag as a replacement. I didn't want to take a chance on the same issue happening with another Hybrid so decided to go a different route.
I don’t use a push cart, so I haven’t seen wear issues with the Hybrid bag, glad they took care of you...

I don’t use a push cart, so I haven’t seen wear issues with the Hybrid bag, glad they took care of you...

They were very understanding and accommodating. It all came down to where the top brackets hit the bag on the 2 bags. The Hybrid would probably be just fine on other push carts. Just not the Clucgear.

Back