Tour Edge Exotics C721 and E721 Irons

Hello - Has anyone put the E721's up against the G425's? Please chime in thank you
I didn’t own the g425’s but have hit them quite extensively. The 425’s are going to launch higher and feel lighter as well. Ping tends to swing weight on the lighter side. Usually like C9/D0 in their longer irons and D2 in the mid irons. The 3 e721 7 irons I had were all D4.5-D5 swing weight which was too hefty feeling for my taste.

Profile wise the e721 is slightly larger head base on my measurements

e721 is about 1/8” wider face
E721 has a higher toe (about 1/4” higher)
E721 has a thicker top line iirc
Sole is pretty similar (both around 1” wide

I didn’t own the g425’s but have hit them quite extensively. The 425’s are going to launch higher and feel lighter as well. Ping tends to swing weight on the lighter side. Usually like C9/D0 in their longer irons and D2 in the mid irons. The 3 e721 7 irons I had were all D4.5-D5 swing weight which was too hefty feeling for my taste.

Profile wise the e721 is slightly larger head base on my measurements

e721 is about 1/8” wider face
E721 has a higher toe (about 1/4” higher)
E721 has a thicker top line iirc
Sole is pretty similar (both around 1” wide

Thank you for the feedback. Do you find the 425's more forgiving and longer? Or the same?
Stay safe!

Thank you for the feedback. Do you find the 425's more forgiving and longer? Or the same?
Stay safe!
I never had them on the course or monitor together but would expect club for club the e721’s to be longer as they are about 3* stronger.
for me being a lower launcher and slower swinger the lofts would be a detriment to my game. I’m considering going 2* weaker in my next set

Interesting. I'm high launch/high spin. I would order the G425s with the power spec which is 2* strong.

Interesting. I'm high launch/high spin. I would order the G425s with the power spec which is 2* strong.

My i210’s are power spec and while I launch them seemingly high enough I turn them over which can hurt my descent angle and stopping power. I’m looking for something around a 29* 6i.

Good morning all - Got out to play a full round with the C721 Irons finally. It's been a bit of a whirlwind here with school getting done for the year and some long VB tourneys for my oldest daughter all around the midwest.

While I've hit the C721's in my home sim and numbers seem to be the same or a bit longer I thought the true test would be out on the course. Please note that I currently swing PXG Gen3 0331P with ProjectX LZ 6.0 at 120 grams.

I could absolutely tell the difference in the weight of the C721's due to pairing them with the HZRDUS RDX Smoke Black 6.0 shafts at 80 grams. To be honest I was a little worried about the weighting - however once I figured out that I don't have to swing in the same manner as I do with my PXLZ's things started working out a lot better for me.

To start out - when I hit my first iron shot, I looked down and could tell that the C721 head was bigger overall than my others across the board. There's a thicker top line and a larger profile. It startled me at first but by the 2nd hole, I was used to them. I was surprised I didn't notice it in the sim though.

In hitting the shots, they felt very good. I've played forged clubs for years and while this is cast and hollow, the feeling was almost as good as my current irons. A pureness was still there when striking the ball well. The sound was pleasing as well which tells me the VibRCore is working as needed. The ball flight is considerably higher than my current gamers - but that could be to many different reasons (my swing - which is junk right now, the shaft, the head - or all of them together). Even though the flight path is higher, the distance is the same on most of the irons. The 4 and 5 iron are much bigger than my current ones - almost modeled after a game-improvement club versus a players distance club. What I did notice with those two irons is that I have a standard draw with both of them. I wonder if they are weighted that way as many players struggle with slicing the longer irons. Either way - when hit well my 4 iron could be hit off any par 4 tee at my course.

Finally, there is forgiveness with the irons as well. Mishits tended to go in the intended direction with a bit of a draw for me. The distance was the same as needed.

Overall - these seem to be very quality irons on the first time out. I'll have to play more rounds to really get the feel. What I find interesting is that I'm more than willing to try different drivers and driver shafts, putters, woods while I'm playing - however, I really had to mentally fight with myself for a while about playing different irons. Not sure why - but I guess it's the reason that I'll trade or sell old irons when I get new ones so I don't have a chance to go back to the old girlfriend... 🤷‍♂️.

Have a great Sunday all!

So, someone in here tell me about the 4i….

Great feedback!!

For me, first range session, it was fun to hit the 4i-6i. Put a good swing in it and it'll go. Still with enough height to where I dont think holding greens should be a problem Distance was good too, right where I expected it. Paired with the right shaft and I think you could have a rocket launcher off the tee.

Here’s a good photo.

top iron -TaylorMade 3 GAPR
Middle - TE 4 Iron
203BA520-8179-408C-BD4D-671C7CE30C01.jpeg

I think the TE 4 Iron looks and feels a lot like the GAPR. I love my GAPR and when struck correctly I’ve hit some absolute bullets and I’m very confident off the tee with it on narrow chutes and fairways. The TE 4 Iron is a lot like it but it has more of a protruding backside (“baby got back”) than a normal players 4 iron (IMO) or the GAPR. It feels as thought the CG is lower as well which would make it easier to get the ball in the air.
I used the 4 to get off the tee a bunch in my round and it had what looked like a draw bias ball flight as I never missed RT with it during the round. Always a rt to lt ball flight. Every single time.

My initial experience with 4 and 5 is a little flawed. In my original setup I had elevate 95s in reg flex. Shaft played well in 7-pw. However shaft flex and swing weight didn’t work for me in long irons. Tour Edge is building me a set with rdx black stiff. Swing weight on this set should be closer to what I play instead of the d 3.5 to d 5 that the 721 and elevate combo came in at. Came from a really good source that the rdx stiff might be best choice compared to my i95 reg flex.

To add what I said before. To me it compares more to a Speedzone 4i in shape that it does a Cobra KFT. Definitely inspires confidence when I'm grabbing the 4i, knowing there's a little help.

Got my C721 set today and first thought was "chunky." These heads look huge to me. Like bigger than some GI irons I've used. Honestly a little disappointed, but if the performance is there, it's all good. Picture is C721 7 iron compared to an Apex CF 7 irons.

View attachment 9013259
Definitely bigger than I thought the c721 irons would be. Having tried the e721 those look just as big. Interesting.
I thought the c721 would be more exs pro sized.

Definitely bigger than I thought the c721 irons would be. Having tried the e721 those look just as big. Interesting.
I thought the c721 would be more exs pro sized.
Deleted my post. Turns out, they sent me E721 heads. I was a little surprised too. It was upon closer inspection I saw the E instead of a C. Makes a lot more sense now. Just gotta figure out what went wrong.

Think I'll be able to get out later this evening for a quick 9. Pondering leaving the driver at home and seeing what the 4i can really do :unsure:

Deleted my post. Turns out, they sent me E721 heads. I was a little surprised too. It was upon closer inspection I saw the E instead of a C. Makes a lot more sense now. Just gotta figure out what went wrong.
Had a chance to get some pics of the 721's side by side.
I was really surprised that there wasn't much different between them. If you don't have a keen eye, on the rack they looked to be the same irons.

The C721's had a slightly smaller topline, maybe a hair shorter blade length, a little less offset and the soles appeared about the same size. I am really surprised they made these so similar. I would have thought the C's would have been thinner, more like an Apex, P790, i500, etc vs more SGI or on the larger side of GI sized.
Just my take though.

C721 on the left in both pics
E721 on the right.
0AE3DAEB-DDE8-4B82-941E-0E07366E72A7.jpeg5BE51147-38B3-4A66-8EFC-F49B0C053BF0.jpeg

At that point, I don't see the appeal of the C721. Might as well benefit from the forgiveness and cost savings of the E.

If you subscribe to hollow body tech there is that difference between them, but agree with your sentiments. I'll be curious how this unfolds with the TEEm this year.

8i :oops:

Hey @Jman you were asking about the 4i

Screenshot_20210617-183317.jpg

If you subscribe to hollow body tech there is that difference between them, but agree with your sentiments. I'll be curious how this unfolds with the TEEm this year.
It takes a bit getting used to to be honest. I posted a couple times about the C’s - when hit well they def go! 4 iron was about 220 with a slight draw every time. The longer irons have a larger profile than the scoring irons - but I wonder if that’s due to most people’s struggle with hitting long irons well. Overall I’m interested/impressed. Wouldn’t have thought it had I not been given the opportunity. Will see how the year turns out overall.

A fun 9 holes with C721's and I came away very impressed.

Back