Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
How many of you have ever done it? It is always something I have wanted to do. I am scheduled to take the jump this Saturday. If you have done it, what was the experience like for you?

I used to want to. Then I developed a sense of mortality and that desire flew out the window. Looking forward to seeing your pics!

No interest but I know some people that are really into it.

Not doing it, never will. I am so scared of heights. Or it's often better said, I'm not scared of heights, I'm scared of falling from heights.;)
That being said, I hope you have a great time!

Haven’t ever done it or had an interest in doing so. Love watching stunt divers though!

Never had a reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane

I went when I was in college. I will say, it was a pretty incredible experience, but now in my late 30’s you couldn’t pay me to do it. My body would not be able to handle it.

It’s been close to 20 years since I went, but I’m happy to answer any questions based on my experience. I don’t know if things have changed since then. It was so long ago the video of my jump is on VHS, lol!😂

I really wanted to in my 20s but never got to it. Now I still kinda sorta want to, but hoping to see which of dumb friends can convince me to with them

Never had a reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane

Jumping out of the plane I went up in seemed safer than staying in the plane. The pilot was also smoking something that was not a cigarette (I’m keeping it family friendly here) so jumping seemed like a good idea. He was super calm though 😂

I went when I was in college. I will say, it was a pretty incredible experience, but now in my late 30’s you couldn’t pay me to do it. My body would not be able to handle it.

It’s been close to 20 years since I went, but I’m happy to answer any questions based on my experience. I don’t know if things have changed since then. It was so long ago the video of my jump is on VHS, lol!😆
Your body would not handle it? I am 60. Not a ringing endorsement. 😂

I have vertigo now, I can’t even handle a winding road or a quick acceleration on a car without feeling like I’m going to throw up.
Could be who you are riding with! 🤣

We have a skydiving center at the local airport. I took my sister up there when she came out to visit in 2019 and she tried everything in her power to convince me to go up with her. I must admit, I wasn’t even on the fence. My fear of heights manes there’s no way would I ever do it. Looks pretty exhilarating though.

It's one of the most fun things I've ever done and I've done some cool/crazy stuff. It's incredible.

I went once about a decade ago, I have a fear of heights so still no idea how I convinced myself to do it. The free fall was one of the most incredible things you will ever experience, however for me the ride down with the parachute was the worst (and the longest) part. Being afraid of heights I just wanted to get down on the ground, but our flight through the air took a lot longer than I expected (also was somewhat painful with the straps riding up my legs/ass).

It's one of the most fun things I've ever done and I've done some cool/crazy stuff. It's incredible.
I am hoping it’s more fun than the feeling I had when I burnt down a barnyard as a kid. That one was kind of crazy.

I would love to but I think my wife would outvote me 1-1.

Hard no.

Not my thing, but all the power to anyone else who wants to test gravity.

@Tenputt - are you getting a package deal? Any feedback I've heard from people is just make sure you buy the photos and video if available. You'll want to watch/look at them later!

It's something I've always wanted to do, but never got around to. I've parasailed (over both land and water) and bungee jumped, but never made it up to skydiving. Hope you have a great time, let us know how it goes!

I did it while I was in college. We did a static jump, meaning the chute automatically pulled. The cool part was getting out if the little plane. We had to crawl out onto the wing and then let go. Very cool, not sure I would do it now.

Enjoy your adventure, especially the landing part.
Maybe it’s like a golf ball. You can land gently on the green and settle in or you bounce like a ball hitting a cart path.

It's something I never want to do, not then, not now. I was a pilot (owned a 1947 Cessna 120, N3684V), flying was my thing, why would I jump out of a perfectly good aircraft?

Last edited:
I went once about a decade ago, I have a fear of heights so still no idea how I convinced myself to do it. The free fall was one of the most incredible things you will ever experience, however for me the ride down with the parachute was the worst (and the longest) part. Being afraid of heights I just wanted to get down on the ground, but our flight through the air took a lot longer than I expected (also was somewhat painful with the straps riding up my legs/ass).

When the guy loosened the straps and I dropped a little from him when we switch from free fall to the ride down, I screamed bloody murder. I thought for sure I had disconnected from him. I went with my roommate for her 20th birthday, it was all her idea, and she ended up puking in the air all over her and the guy she was attached to. And it was all caught on video, poor girl.

Back