A bad case of hosel rockets...

SetUp is too bent over, so then you don't get a good turn back (you need more depth...club over your heels at the top) Then, because you don't have enough depth and a poor turn, you get too steep on the way down...mostly because you pull on the handle (with an open face). You pull the handle because that's how you're trying to "add power", you're actually losing speed by doing that. The late throw is how you're shutting the face...if you didn't, you'd miss the ball completely, or it'd go straight right. I'll make a little "fix" for you.
Thank you- I always thought I was too bent over when no saw my swing on video. The wall Image is very helpful! But on video I always thought I made a good backswing and shoulder turn- I’ll work on the more upright stance.
thank you again- especially for your video!!

Thank you- I always thought I was too bent over when no saw my swing on video. The wall Image is very helpful! But on video I always thought I made a good backswing and shoulder turn- I’ll work on the more upright stance.
thank you again- especially for your video!!
@TrueMotionMatt
Better?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    2.6 MB
Set up with your weight on our heels and keep it here thru the swing, and see if that stops it. Lots of cases caused by weight drifting to the toes, imperceptibly moving your swing path outward.

I got a real bad case right now. It’s hard for me to shake them when I get them because I once for them in Myrtle Beach and it wrecked my getaway- “played” some of the most beautiful courses and I couldn’t hit an iron (usually the strength of my game). Since then, whenever I get a case. the trauma of that trip comes back in every back swing. Call it Post Traumatic Shank Disorder... 😜
I have had success with some of the most popular remedies, but was thinking taking a break might be the best fix.
Thoughts?
Any time my body turn gets too quick and open, I start smacking them off the toe. It’s not something I can fix on the course, so I just set up with the ball on my hosel. Back to hitting them flush with just a little push that i account for with alignment.
I wouldn’t suggest lining up on the hosel, but you get the idea.
There are several tour pros (can’t remember who, just remember commentator’s talking about it) that set up with with the ball off center of their irons to make their swing work. So don’t feel bad about it.

Back