Zoom Focus X Rangefinder Review

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Get ready folks, because we have another look at a budget-friendly rangefinder that aims to make you think twice about spending double the money to add precision to your game. Zoom Golf, hoping to be a “flagship killer,” came out with their first-ever rangefinder in 2020 with the Focus X. They have set a goal of creating affordable and helpful golf products that incorporate many of the innovations found in the top of the line devices. So, with lots of promise, let’s look at Focus X and see if this laser rangefinder can position itself as a solid budget alternative.

Continue reading...

This thing seems pretty darn good for the price. One thing that jumps out is that so many of these devices are hitting the market, the aesthetics of this device seem a little "lesser" if that makes sense.

Nice write up. Not necessarily this brand specifically but there are ball plants that make numerous balls aside from the main players for numerous DTC and even some OEM’s but is the same thing happening with range finders where you can get internals for a price point select the case of the units and then have a range finder to slap a name on? The Cobalt article was great as it went in depth on the tech side and saying they are inside other units as well. They really had a lineage of credentials to show. Just curious as to what seems to be a sudden rush of range finders the last few years.

Good review!

A chargeable rangefinder doesn’t do it for me. I don’t want to have to charge one more thing. The regular battery powered ones last at least a full season for me and it is nice to leave it in your bag and not have to remember to grab it from the house or from the car when you play golf.

Great review Dean. Seems like a solid unit, especially at the price point. Really like the rechargeable battery feature.

• Staff
This thing seems pretty darn good for the price. One thing that jumps out is that so many of these devices are hitting the market, the aesthetics of this device seem a little "lesser" if that makes sense.

and really noticeable when doing a couple of back-to-back rangefinder reviews where one is a leather(even if it's faux) finish to it. Just makes it look and feel more premium.

• Staff
Nice write up. Not necessarily this brand specifically but there are ball plants that make numerous balls aside from the main players for numerous DTC and even some OEM’s but is the same thing happening with range finders where you can get internals for a price point select the case of the units and then have a range finder to slap a name on? The Cobalt article was great as it went in depth on the tech side and saying they are inside other units as well. They really had a lineage of credentials to show. Just curious as to what seems to be a sudden rush of range finders the last few years.

I wouldn't be shocked if that was the case TBH. We've been seeing this rangefinder trend for a good 5 years now.

Back