EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Wow.. this is a hard question and I don't have a clear answer. From reading through the past threads many times it does not seem like you can go wrong with any of them. It also depends on who is on their squad this year!!

We all know this is the correct answer!

I would just want to play with someone that doesnt trash talk, I have zero trash talking skills.

I would just want to play with someone that doesnt trash talk, I have zero trash talking skills.

If selected, you will have a few months to ramp that up. You can use me as your target!

Its easy. Just say what you tell yourself in your head. :LOL:

If feels like the ball is too far forward in my stance. I should probably realign if I don’t want to hook this one OB. Nah, I’m sure it’s fine. [swings]. “Oh crap…” ❓

Quick question for hopefuls and current participants. If you could get paired up to go against anyone in the Grandaddy from The Zoo Crew in singles on the final day, who would you choose? Would you welcome a matchup with @JasonFinleyCG or do you not want that smoke?

for past participants, who would you most want a rematch with and why?

personally I wanna get paired up with @Luke WilliamsCG . Dude seems like a great golfer and a great guy. And I love a challenge. As to the Finley portion, personally I think whoever the team in 2021 feels has the best shot of beating Finley should play him, and I have a few in mind. With that said I would absolutely welcome that matchup 10/10 times. I’m not afraid to lose lol.
I've thought about it for a while here - and I'd welcome any match with @JasonFinleyCG. I love it when the chatter starts - allows me to really dive in and focus throughout the round. Give me the best - I love the pressure and working to meet team expectations.

Quick question for hopefuls and current participants. If you could get paired up to go against anyone in the Grandaddy from The Zoo Crew in singles on the final day, who would you choose? Would you welcome a matchup with @JasonFinleyCG or do you not want that smoke?

personally I wanna get paired up with @Luke WilliamsCG . Dude seems like a great golfer and a great guy. And I love a challenge. As to the Finley portion, personally I think whoever the team in 2021 feels has the best shot of beating Finley should play him, and I have a few in mind. With that said I would absolutely welcome that matchup 10/10 times. I’m not afraid to lose lol.
I was always under the assumption that singles had Captain vs Captain (so Finley vs @MattyD-MPLS). Or at least that is how it's been the past few years I've followed along, not sure if that has been the case for the entire history of the Grandaddy.

So a lot of you stupid idiot lol

Yeah something like that, although if you 'trash-talkify' it, then it comes out more like:

"Nice shot, mensa. "

Or

"That shot would make Stephen Hawking proud"

Or

"What's next? You going to pet the rabbits, George?" (Steinbeck reference)

Just don't get us in trouble Sean!! You might want to hold back a little! 🤣

I noticed that a Callaway "Tour Fit" demo/fitting day was being held at a course near me this Sunday. So naturally I signed up for a one hour "full bag" fitting.

What should I focus on? I'd like to get a putter fitting actually, and then maybe spend some time with irons and driver. Part of me thinks scrap both of the latter and just go putter - wedges. Maybe just go with the flow?

I noticed that a Callaway "Tour Fit" demo/fitting day was being held at a course near me this Sunday. So naturally I signed up for a one hour "full bag" fitting.

What should I focus on? I'd like to get a putter fitting actually, and then maybe spend some time with irons and driver. Part of me thinks scrap both of the latter and just go putter - wedges. Maybe just go with the flow?

See if anything is better than what you currently have, if not stay with the current gear.

See if anything is better than what you currently have, if not stay with the current gear.

I am thinking putter fitting first, because I have never had one. If they have data capture for putting even better. Then Epic Speed driver line vs. gamer, and maybe tinker with irons if there is time. I'll bring my Apex MB w/ MMT's for comparo against Apex Pro, maybe whatever else is on hand.

I would do the entire bag fitting! I’d probably buy whatever wedges they reccomended, and would
ponder the driver and fairway wood options. I think the iron knowledge they give you will be important when deciding to purchase irons in the future.

in terms of the putter, there are so many options it would be tough to commit to one while I was there. And if you are @xThor then you may walk away with multiple new putters ;):LOL:

I would do the entire bag fitting! I’d probably buy whatever wedges they reccomended, and would
ponder the driver and fairway wood options. I think the iron knowledge they give you will be important when deciding to purchase irons in the future.

in terms of the putter, there are so many options it would be tough to commit to one while I was there. And if you are @xThor then you may walk away with multiple new putters ;):LOL:

I didn’t get to okay against Finley, Neubarth or DNevs so they would be high on my list. All great guys with great trash talking skills.

Trash Talking is a mandatory skill for all golfers to learn.

Small update from me since I haven't been on as much as normal. I coach soccer and this is my last season doing it after four years with the same team. So I've been pouring myself and my time in to it even more than normal with this being the last year with the boys. We've also been on a stretch of three tournaments in three weekends, so six out of seven days of the week have been committed to soccer. Haven't had a ton of time for golf though I'm still doing my best to get out that one day off and be interacting here and with the team as much as possible. But after State this weekend, it's going to be all golf all the time lol

Got some stuff I want to get going on here and I'll be bringing it up to the team shortly! Be on the look out for some fun stuff possibly coming soon!

Small update from me since I haven't been on as much as normal. I coach soccer and this is my last season doing it after four years with the same team. So I've been pouring myself and my time in to it even more than normal with this being the last year with the boys. We've also been on a stretch of three tournaments in three weekends, so six out of seven days of the week have been committed to soccer. Haven't had a ton of time for golf though I'm still doing my best to get out that one day off and be interacting here and with the team as much as possible. But after State this weekend, it's going to be all golf all the time lol

Got some stuff I want to get going on here and I'll be bringing it up to the team shortly! Be on the look out for some fun stuff possibly coming soon!
Good luck this week!

Good luck this weekend, and enjoy your last few games with the team!

Back