Official Rant of the Day

I've always said - if any other industry had customer service as consistently horrible as airlines, they'd go bankrupt in a heartbeat. It's absolutely the worst. Hope the rest of your wife's birthday trip is awesome enough to make up for how it started out!
OHO! There ARE competitors for airline customer service failings... cell phone companies. Cable tv providers. Fujikura!:D

Seriously though, cable tv providers are historically lousy with their customer service... like charter cable, comcast, spectrum... the companies keep changing their names but their lousy service remains the same.

Cell phone companies... sprint, at&t, verizon... whoever else... they're great for new customers but terrible for existing customers.

Are they finished, and surely you didn’t pay them 😳
I most certainly would not have. They were sent by the furniture company, so I was not paying. We’ll see what happens next…

waiting until last minute and the FANTASY site is down! CURSED

Thursday is my last day of work until July 5th. Two solid weeks of lounging around, kids at daycare, golf, getting stuff done at home.
Work went full nuclear today. The guy I share an office with and the boss ended up in HR, with refusal to work, harrassment allegations, all that fun stuff.

One more day. One more day. We can make it!

My son is almost 8 months old. He already has 4 teeth and is cutting another one! Please pray for me or at least babysit for a little while!:oops:

Man! What a day! Been covering for someone since they are out today and got a call to set up an interview for another position here where I work. Keep in mind I just interviewed for a separate position on Monday as well, both positions outside my department. All while this is happening, I get a call from my Supervisor and he says he has a promotion in line for me if I want it, that he is just waiting on HR to approve the requisition so I can apply. Even though I am slotted for it I have to go through the motion of an interview and such. That being said he says it's a big pay bump, but I will believe it when I see it. As Jerry McGuire said, "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!". Either way I am going to have options here and I still have 6 other applications out for other positions here. My boss says he doesn't want to lose me but we will see what happens. Just good to know I'm setting in a position to have choices in the near future! Alright, let's get to the next 10 days off from work! Time to get ready for Arkansas!

Man! What a day! Been covering for someone since they are out today and got a call to set up an interview for another position here where I work. Keep in mind I just interviewed for a separate position on Monday as well, both positions outside my department. All while this is happening, I get a call from my Supervisor and he says he has a promotion in line for me if I want it, that he is just waiting on HR to approve the requisition so I can apply. Even though I am slotted for it I have to go through the motion of an interview and such. That being said he says it's a big pay bump, but I will believe it when I see it. As Jerry McGuire said, "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!". Either way I am going to have options here and I still have 6 other applications out for other positions here. My boss says he doesn't want to lose me but we will see what happens. Just good to know I'm setting in a position to have choices in the near future! Alright, let's get to the next 10 days off from work! Time to get ready for Arkansas!
Tell him you want to be able to watch golf, or you walk.

Silly me.... i thought that was the BEFORE picture.....
Yea he definitely made it worse with the sandpaper and spray paint repair. I’m currently stuck in their semi-automated, English-not-a-first-language complaint process.

Tell him you want to be able to watch golf, or you walk.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:I was able to watch the masters. I can get to usopen.com but even after getting to the live tab, it just sits and spins and nothing appears. I would much rather stay in my dept, but not going to turn down an opportunity to interface with other managers here, and get the practice. Plus, I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

That's awesome! Choose wisely, my dude.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:I was able to watch the masters. I can get to usopen.com but even after getting to the live tab, it just sits and spins and nothing appears. I would much rather stay in my dept, but not going to turn down an opportunity to interface with other managers here, and get the practice. Plus, I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.
Your preference to stay answered one question. Your interest in exploring/ making yourself known answered another. There will be very few times in your career when you will have a lot of leverage. Use it wisely.

I mean, sure, you could settle for a new job and a pay raise. Or you could put on your rocketship underwear and go for the gusto.

1623957035730.png

Your preference to stay answered one question. Your interest in exploring/ making yourself known answered another. There will be very few times in your career when you will have a lot of leverage. Use it wisely.
This is the first time I have ever had this opportunity to be honest. It's nice, but the big thing is I need to see paperwork from my current Supervisor because I don't want to take his word and then turn down another position and then he doesn't actually promote me and now I've missed an opportunity. Either way, he better work fast if I am going to stay. My supervisor gets an email from HR every time I apply for a new position as well, so he knows I am looking.

That's awesome! Choose wisely, my dude.

I hope the decision is easy in the end, but I have a feeling it wont be, haha.

I am furious right now. My wife is in remission from a breast cancer but still has a long road ahead of her. Today, the medical plan denied one of the medications the doctor needs despite it being very effective from preventing the particular type of cancer she had from coming back. The letter ended with “of course you are welcome to pay the full cost out of pocket.”

We are very fortunate and have great health care and even with that we cannot get what we need. It feels like “pay up or die”. I really feel for the people that are uninsured or underinsured. It’s pretty messed up IMHO!

I am furious right now. My wife is in remission from a breast cancer but still has a long road ahead of her. Today, the medical plan denied one of the medications the doctor needs despite it being very effective from preventing the particular type of cancer she had from coming back. The letter ended with “of course you are welcome to pay the full cost out of pocket.”

We are very fortunate and have great health care and even with that we cannot get what we need. It feels like “pay up or die”. I really feel for the people that are uninsured or underinsured. It’s pretty messed up IMHO!
Ouch can the medical practice get there needs for cost or something to help defray? When you meet the annual deductible will any drug costs be covered? I’d suggest you keep challenging the ruling up the chain until you get a yes answer or make them all crazy. Some things, there’s just no excuse.

sometimes it works but call the drug manufacturer direct with the denial from your insurance and the request from your doctor - they've provided discount card to my mom for her meds when it happened to her. I wish the best for your wife and hearing my wife taking calls from cancer patients all day everyday has me wishing medical insurances would do more then they are now.

Latest MRI says spinal narrowing due to degeneration has increased with arthritis and looking like surgery might be the only remedy to buy time. Stupid hit and run just ruined everything.

so they spring this new "holiday" on us and it seems no one knew about it. but if the actually holiday is tomorrow then why are some places closed today?

man i hate politics

There are certain constants in life… the lane you choose will always be slowest one… food tastes better when someone else is paying for it… the ice cream machine is always broken at McDonald’s… and your child will always get sick the day before you take a trip!

I firmly believe some customer service strategies are just to be so horribly unhelpful that people just give up. It’s taking all my willpower not to scream into the phone at someone sitting at a desk who has no control over the situation.

Back