Taking an Electric Caddy Off Course

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Motocaddy joins the show to discuss a slew of topics that we think you will enjoy.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Roger Teat from Motocaddy joins the show to discuss his career, the electric caddy and more. This show has a lot going on and it is an episode you will not want to miss as Motocaddy joins the show to go Off Course.

Untitled-12-1024x692.jpg

Episode 61 is here and Dan and Roger discuss the following topics.

US vs Europe in NamesThe Benefits of...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoyed this one and Roger is a great guest.
Carts have evolved so much and even I am walking now haha. Liked his insights into him trying other equipment too, but how much he loves the innovation at Cobra Puma.

Dan - great show - but to be clear, Canada has sports? Is that I heard?

Light bulb - walk more normally/upright - NAILED IT. I have walked with my push cart most every round this year (all but 3). And my back is often in trouble by the end of the round - I don't have the best posture anyway, but the idea of walking like a person rather than hunched over pushing a 20-30 sack of stuff uphill - BRILLIANT way to make the lightbulb go off.

Thanks - now, about sports?:)

Oh I can’t wait to dive in on this, Motocaddy really intrigues me, curious to hear Roger’s story!

I’m not too sure on the whole carts have evolved thing. I’ve been playing with a motorized cart for close to 20 years, and I’ve played with a few that had remote controlled carts in that time too. I just think the US market is starting to catch up with the rest of the world that generally walks courses far more.

Enjoyed the listen. My own ignorance but I never knew that electric trolleys had been out for as long as they had. Lithium Ion batteries has to of been a flood gate moment for this industry in allowing for more capabilities and duration. Be interested to see if they branch out their accessories line to fans like was in the review thread or other luxury items and the like with the power port.

Enjoyed the listen. My own ignorance but I never knew that electric trolleys had been out for as long as they had. Lithium Ion batteries has to of been a flood gate moment for this industry in allowing for more capabilities and duration. Be interested to see if they branch out their accessories line to fans like was in the review thread or other luxury items and the like with the power port.

Absolutely a big part of the evolution Roger discussed.

The Barbara Walters of THP @Canadan with another stellar interview.

This was fun! First, Dan I hope you laid the beat down on the ‘Canada doesn’t have forks’ fella. It’s cool to hear about the penetration of moto caddies in the US. I saw my first one last year and I’ve seen a few this year already. I’m with Roger, I think remote would be the only way to go. My Dad is a walker4life, but as a double shoulder replacee, we finally got him to start using a pushcart. One of these is definitely in his future!

This whole Canada doesn't have forks thing is fantastic.
I picture @Canadan eating poutine with his hands covered in gravy :ROFLMAO:

Wait it’s forks not sports? To borrow from my good friend ms Emily Littela. Never mind.
1624025383746.gif

Great listen guys! Appreciate the mention and digs! You guys were really good. Been using the M7 for about a month now and really enjoying walking La Costa. Feels like I can get in the “zone” easier and still be very social with my foursome. Enjoy the Open A!

I would not be opposed to it, assuming I had access to a handwashing station both before and after the experience.

I love the idea of walking carts. I think these are great. I have had the chance to mess around with one for a bit.

I would love to try one of those.

Great show Dan !

Great show, Dan. I need to give the Motocaddy a look for my post-knee replacement golf.

@JB, do you roll with a Motocaddy bag? Or use one of the multitude you have?

Great show, Dan. I need to give the Motocaddy a look for my post-knee replacement golf.

@JB, do you roll with a Motocaddy bag? Or use one of the multitude you have?

See the Motocaddy M5 thread. That is the one I use. I also have a MGI Navigator, but it has become the guest electric caddy since I prefer the M5 unit so much more.

See the Motocaddy M5 thread. That is the one I use. I also have a MGI Navigator, but it has become the guest electric caddy since I prefer the M5 unit so much more.

I don't know if I phrased my question clearly. Do you use a Motocaddy branded golf bag? Or another brand?

I don't know if I phrased my question clearly. Do you use a Motocaddy branded golf bag? Or another brand?
You did, apparently I struggle to read. I do not as of yet, but am following the bag review thread closely to get more feedback from @MWard @billyh @rumstove and @ddec

You did, apparently I struggle to read. I do not as of yet, but am following the bag review thread closely to get more feedback from @MWard @billyh @rumstove and @ddec

Round out with her tomorrow, was just about to bump the thread on that

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
These are intriguing to me and have decided the M7 is in my future but haven't convinced the wife yet.
Great listen! The continued info and reviews are great and almost too much temptation!

Great show Dan! I’m one of the ones who’s been an electric caddy believer because of the review thread here! Fun to hear all about them from Roger! Fun little shot at Jose too talking about rivals :LOL::LOL:

Great show Dan! I’m one of the ones who’s been an electric caddy believer because of the review thread here! Fun to hear all about them from Roger! Fun little shot at Jose too talking about rivals :LOL::LOL:
And hose with a nice comment in this thread above

And hose with a nice comment in this thread above
Haha I didn’t catch that with his “Guest” profile but I love the name :LOL:

Thanks for having me on!! Lots of fun and always a pleasure chatting with you guys!

Back