Staff Predictions: 2021 US Open

Is there a better possible story this week? I love the idea of it.

Better story? No. Probably not bigger story either.
Some good ones though. Bryson going for back to back. Rahm winning after the debacle. Xander hometown boy. DJ, shaft change, struggling a bit, winning a major. A few others too.

Is there a better possible story this week? I love the idea of it.
I would fully support another Phil victory. Could you imagine how fun that would be :ROFLMAO:

Better story? No. Probably not bigger story either.
Some good ones though. Bryson going for back to back. Rahm winning after the debacle. Xander hometown boy. DJ, shaft change, struggling a bit, winning a major. A few others too.
Bryson going back to back with the entire crowd trolling him would be one of the more ultimate stories.

Especially if it turns fans into his favor because of it.

Love the picks @Canadan! Phil would just be such a good story! And then Hughes - he’s shows some flashes, but still a fun outside the top 50 option. 🇨🇦

Love the picks @Canadan! Phil would just be such a good story! And then Hughes - he’s shows some flashes, but still a fun outside the top 50 option. 🇨🇦
Back to back Hughes picks for me, I believe. Really think of all the 50+ Canadians, he's our best shot.

@ddec with the bad guy..

@ddec with the bad guy..

He's trying to be the third golfer to win a major at the same course that he won a tour event at earlier in the season. Hint, hint, the other two guys who did it were pretty damn good.

Canadan with bold Phil pick that would be historical if comes true at 51

I'm just hoping DJ somehow returns to being good again. Maybe the shaft change will help

I doubt DJ can win here, but would like to see it.
Also think ZJ has no chance of making the cut, but it would make a great story.

I love the Jon Rahm winner and Lanto Griffin dark horse pick.

I doubt DJ can win here, but would like to see it.
Also think ZJ has no chance of making the cut, but it would make a great story.

I love the Jon Rahm winner and Lanto Griffin dark horse pick.
Why don't you just kick my dog while your at it! I'll be sure to make a note of that when making your pairings at the Morgan Cup :ROFLMAO:

Why don't you just kick my dog while your at it! I'll be sure to make a note of that when making your pairings at the Morgan Cup :ROFLMAO:

I honestly did not even think of those two as being one persons pick, nor did I look at who picked them lol.

Let me edit: I think the DJ/ZJ pick was chosen by a certified genius!

He's trying to be the third golfer to win a major at the same course that he won a tour event at earlier in the season. Hint, hint, the other two guys who did it were pretty damn good.
I had him as one of my finalists, for this very reason.

I can buy the Charley Hoffman dark horse picks if the tournament only lasted 1 round.

Xander to me is much like Finau, always at the top of the leaderboard but can’t close on Sunday and get the W.

Couple of questions: @JB you thinking Rahm is still gonna be in form after having to quarantine? Was he able to practice?

@Canadan, is there a limit to how many times you can select Mack Hughes as a dark horse :ROFLMAO: after 5 picks he’s no longer a sleeper lol.

I’m vibing with @ddec . I wouldn’t be surprised if Reed is in contention. Tough to win at the course twice in one year, but I’m sure he’s confident.

Couple of questions: @JB you thinking Rahm is still gonna be in form after having to quarantine?

Not sure he will be in form, but he was my top pick based on everybody else's variables. He is playing really good golf and I believe the #1 world spot is on the line as well.

I love @Canadan's pick just because it would be epic to see Phil finally get a U.S. Open win.

Kinda surprised at the absence of both Daniel Berger and Webb Simpson across the board as dark horses.

I love @Canadan's pick just because it would be epic to see Phil finally get a U.S. Open win.

Kinda surprised at the absence of both Daniel Berger and Webb Simpson across the board as dark horses.

our dark horses need to be outside of the top 50.

How are we doing?

Back