What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
82 in very windy conditions, so I'll take it. Bummer that I doubled 18, though. Driver continues to shine, long and straight. Missed one fairway with a bad shot, the other three misses were when I actually hit through the fairway with dead-straight shots.

Second round in a row, I hit irons solidly but mis-clubbed here and there. Putting is solid, need chipping to come around.

I played 9 after work yesterday. Shot a 44 it didn't start of to good. Started double,double,triple then birdie par and the rest were bogeys with 1 par. I hit my irons and driver ok, wedges were better than when I played earlier in the week. I hit 2 nice green side bunker shots.1 bunker shot I put to 5 feet and missed my par put, the other bunker shot I put it in the hole to save par on 9. It was nice to pitch in to end the day. I had 15 putts only hit 1 fairways and 2 greens.

Havent posted in a while as i've been pretty busy so i have some cathcing up to do. Thursday i played a round with dent, nothing special really i shot a 79. Didnt play bad but i didnt play too well either. Yesterday i played 54 holes. The first 18 was just awful. I couldnt drain a putt to save my life and ended up shooting an 81 with 40 putts! I 4 putted the 18th hole and i only had one 1 putt which resulted in a birdie. After that round i met up with dent for his back nine. I didnt keep score i was just along to hack around. I hit the range for a while and another member and i started talking and i ended up going to play with him and another older guy. I played an alright round and shot 79 again but the best part of the round was watching the old man play golf. He was probably around 55 or older and he hit a pretty big cut. He never missed a fairway though. He hit 14/14 fairways and missed about 3 greens all day. He would slice his driver 250 and put it in the middle, then hit a hybrid onto the green. He ended up shooting a 69 (-2) with 3 birdies and one bogey. He also missed about four 5 footers for birdie.

No kidding, if your a 10 and you shot that round your HC must have dropped a ton.

I shot a 75 a couple of weeks ago as well and with this score I imagine it will drop a stroke or two. The problem is I will be dropping off a couple of high 70's as well.

I shot a 75 a couple of weeks ago as well and with this score I imagine it will drop a stroke or two. The problem is I will be dropping off a couple of high 70's as well.

High 70's are still going to drop a 10 down for sure.

shot an 88 (45-43) yesterday at Hiawatha (69.3, 126). doubled two holes, both on the front 9 (the first hole, wasn't warmed up, first two shots were very bad. 4th hole where the wind was whipping right to left, it took my approach shot and threw it 15 yards right of the green down a big hill, had to pitch back up into the wind blind, ended up making 6), wind was pretty crazy all day. missed some makeable putts (not gimmies by any stretch, but putts that great putters make).

overall I'm ok with it, in years past i'm confident there's no way I would have broke 90 on a course that a) i'd never played before, as well as b) with that slope rating and c) with the wind whipping the way it was

shot 84 today with a triple on the last. I had one 3 putt. My short game was pretty good today. I had 4 bad holes(8,9,17,18). Over those holes I was +8 out of my +12 day.

shot 88 today, could have been 78 but my putting was just terrible.

had 2 4 putts, and 3 3 putts. both 4 putts when on GIR!!

was abroad in turkey playing on lightening fast greens and reckon this has messed my head up coming back to normal paced greens!

Shot a 101 today (52/49) with 37 putts (4 three putts)

The day started with the club house guy saying 'sir, our rough mowers have been broken for over a week so the rough is extremely long and thick. We're sorry, here's a pass for a free round.' However little did I know that the rough was more like links style grass/rough so if you weren't in the fairway you were in trouble. Boy was I in trouble today.

Never really got comfortable with my swing today until the 15th hole. I struggled early with my head coming out of my swing which gave me a ton of topped and thinned shots which put some big numbers on my card early. I also fought an open club face most of the day and toed a lot of shots when I managed to get the club face squared. Spent a lot of time chopping my way through rough that made the British Open look like a freshly mowed backyard so a lot of times it was a struggle just to get into position to hit at the green which cost me a lot of strokes because I couldn't hit many fairways today. Struggles with Par 3 scoring again (scored 25 of 4 par 3's) which obviously isn;t good and still remains a weakness that I can't seem to fix. The good thing was that my putting was pretty well today considering the total number of putts as I burned a lot of edges today. Still having alignment issues with putting. Considering how poorly I played up until 15, I was encouraged to finish the round bogey, par, par with long and straight drives, solid approach shots, and accurate putting. Something to build on since I probably won't be playing again until the Outing. Best news of the round was that my back was relatively pain free and feels pretty good as I type this.

Last edited:
Day three of four in a row. I'm a hack and hit the ball like a girl.

That is all.

Kevin

51-53 today with new driver

New Driver was solid, hit a few fairways and only really had 1 bad slice off of the tee all day

Didnt hit one single good iron ALL DAY (excluding par 3's when I would magically turn my hands over)

I know im close to putting it all together, just gotta get there

74 with 4 bogies and 2 birdies, but it was far from official. I only kept score with the Nike 20XI-S I was using, but I was hitting 3 balls on every shot on the front 9 and 2 balls on every shot on the back 9 as part of an effort to test the 20XI-S against the Penta TP and ProV1x. I'm sure that much practice helped groove my swing and lowered my score some.

48-51 = 99

Played like crap mixed with mediocrity. 12 bogeys, 4 doubles, 2 triples

Couldn't get anything going when I got off the tee well. Couldn't sink jack for big putts. Could have been so much better and I lost 5 strokes on stupid short game mistakes. Pissed me right off. Hit my hybrids, fairway, and driver pretty well. Iron weren't as good as I hoped and I just sucked it up near/on the green. Oh well, can't win them all I suppose. Last year a round like this would have been a 109, so that's a positive.

Just got back from a round of 88. Not sure about the details because I kept score on the stupid GPS so now I have to sync it to find out the good stuff. I know I had way too many 3 jacks and overall just putted terrible. Had a hard time getting into a groove on the front but then got it going on the back. At least it felt like I did. Today was my best round off the tee of the year. Had a drive of 264 which is rbelbin huge like for me. Hit the 3W great off the tee too catching one for 242. If I could have cut some of the crap out I could have easily gone much lower as this course isnt the toughest of tracks. But its around below 90 which I'll take.

The day started with the club house guy saying 'sir, our rough mowers have been broken for over a week so the rough is extremely long and thick. We're sorry, here's a pass for a free round.' However little did I know that the rough was more like links style grass/rough so if you weren't in the fairway you were in trouble. Boy was I in trouble today.

man i wish i got free rounds for every course that had stupid high rough hahah

My swing still is missing. If anyone sees it can you tell it to come home? So inconsistent, but the putting is golden with my new putter.

Shot 86 golfing at Windaroo Country Club. http://bit.ly/katW6J

had 24 damn putts on second nine

Havent posted in a while as i've been pretty busy so i have some cathcing up to do. Thursday i played a round with dent, nothing special really i shot a 79. Didnt play bad but i didnt play too well either. Yesterday i played 54 holes. The first 18 was just awful. I couldnt drain a putt to save my life and ended up shooting an 81 with 40 putts! I 4 putted the 18th hole and i only had one 1 putt which resulted in a birdie. After that round i met up with dent for his back nine. I didnt keep score i was just along to hack around. I hit the range for a while and another member and i started talking and i ended up going to play with him and another older guy. I played an alright round and shot 79 again but the best part of the round was watching the old man play golf. He was probably around 55 or older and he hit a pretty big cut. He never missed a fairway though. He hit 14/14 fairways and missed about 3 greens all day. He would slice his driver 250 and put it in the middle, then hit a hybrid onto the green. He ended up shooting a 69 (-2) with 3 birdies and one bogey. He also missed about four 5 footers for birdie.

I couldn't believe it when I heard it, this guy is around a 4 handicap and is honestly a short and stout guy about 5'4 and he hobbles around the club house with a cane.. I guess he's got some game.

Today I was not too pleased to card in an 81. Shot 40/41. On the front I had 2 birdies, 3 pars, 3 bogeys, and a double. I then went and played the back and was doing fine until again I went back to back doubles on 13,14. 13 I somehow hit a layup out of bounds on a par 5 and 14 I ran into a really unlucky lie that I couldn't save myself from. Somehow I only hit 5 greens today as well...

Last edited:
I couldn't believe it when I heard it, this guy is around a 4 handicap and is honestly a short and stout guy about 5'4 and he hobbles around the club house with a cane.. I guess he's got some game.

sounds like one of the members at my course... dude cant even walk he wobbles but he pures balls like nobodys business

I played 2 rounds this week: shot 42-45 for an 87 on Monday, and then shot 47-46 today for a 93. The course I played on Monday was a longer course but didn't have as much trouble off of the fairways. My ball striking was AWFUL today, way too many penalty shots off of the tee as well. It was a course that I hadn't played before, and I was a little nervous because it was so tight and multiple holes had water on both sides of the fairway. I had 32 putts on Monday and 33 putts today. Even though it was one more putt today, this was the first round with my Morgan Cup putter, and I made more putts in the 10-15 foot range today and had more easy tap-ins on second putts, which was nice. I need to put in some work with my long clubs off of the tees, and also with chipping and pitching around the greens.
Gotta start somewhere partner. It'll get better, keep workin'!

Short Version 84 today...Long version below

Short Version 84 today...Long version below

Let me give you a little history first. Over the winter, a buddy and I have been playing as much as weather would permit. He would say, "when the weather warms up, you'll be shooting some good scores." I was like yeah ok, I've only been playing 2 years come May 13th mind you, but I do have a fairly decent iron game. Just before spring, we said to ourselves, lets try to break 90 this year. We both knew how hard that would be to do, but what the heck, why not.

Anyway, so last week, I played with some buddies in a shot gun, shot a nasty 105. It was only bad because, I had a lot of missed putts, fat shots, etc. I had gotten used to being in the 90's (mid-high 90's) during the winter months. I did manage to shoot a 43 (only to never see it again) during the winter as well. I wasn't happy with that score at all, so I ended up playing the following day (Sunday 5/1). I made one huge mistake, that I didn't know would haunt me for next 6 days. The mistake: I told the wife I was only going to play 9 holes. You are probably wondering why is that so bad, I managed to shoot 4 over on the front for a 40 :banghead:. I know many of you are probably thinking the same thing I was as I finished the 9th hole. Play the back and get your total score. Well I didn't, I LOVE Golf just as much as the next golfer; however, I wouldn't to live to see another day :angel:

LONGEST 6 DAYS ever finally go by, Saturday (5/7) arrives. I can't find anyone to play with, but find two people (Beginners). Don't get me wrong I don't have playing with beginners that never played or just started, I was there once. I was mainly concerned about getting out of my tempo that I was so used to playing with other golfers I play with. Anyhow, I go out and try to follow the same pattern I did last Sunday, and managed to shoot a 84. Is it a fluke, was I lucky, maybe; but GOSH DARN IT, I'm gonna enjoy this moment for as long as a I can. Even if I don't ever shoot in the 80's again this season, I can at least say I broke 90 once. :dance:

Awesome Jules thats so good to hear! Not only did you break 90 but you broke 85, thats a great job man, CONGRATS!

+ 5 on the front with a birdie and a couple of doubles on par 3s, +1 on the back with 2 birdies. 78 but I was 5 over on the par 3s alone today for some reason, I just butchered the par 3s today. Windy as heck again and kept pulling the wrong club on approaches. Dead battery in the laser didn't help.

80, 38/42. 3 whacked the first 2 holes trying to get used to fast greens, but eventually found my distance control. 7 Greens on front, but only 2 on the back. Par's were easy on the front, but something was a little off on the back and I was definitely struggling with my approach shots. Drove the ball well with the exception of 2 holes, which resulted in a lost ball and one in a bad position for going at the green. Putting was decent, but just couldn't get any longer than 8' to drop. Had some opportunities to work on my bunker play, which was nice. 1/3 on sand saves, but was more impressed with the ability to get out of the sand and be near the pin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back