2021 Amazon Prime Day

Nice I'll look into one. The white makes me nervous, but man it looks good.
My white one, even with the strap looks pretty bad after a couple of dozen rounds. I actually switched out to a different bag for the last round.

I cancelled my prime membership recently, so doubtful
Yup. Cancelled ours months ago. The current subscription finally ran out just a bit more than a month ago. I think I can count on one hand the things I ever found on Prime Days and have fingers left over.

We don't have a smart TV in the house haha

This may change shortly.
Personally, I prefer a separate streaming device over a smart TV. (Specifically: Apple TV, which, if you have iThings [iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches], allows all kinds of neat things.)

Yup. Cancelled ours months ago. The current subscription finally ran out just a bit more than a month ago. I think I can count on one hand the things I found on Prime Days and have fingers left over.

Personally, I prefer a separate streaming device over a smart TV. (Specifically: Apple TV, which, if you have iThings [iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches], allows all kinds of neat things.)
that is what the wife uses and it seems to work quite well.

I have an old roku device in my office and it SUCKS.

My white one, even with the strap looks pretty bad after a couple of dozen rounds. I actually switched out to a different bag for the last round.

I'm kind of prepared for it. Will treat it with kid gloves and only take it on nice days etc.

My pushcart has no strap at the the top, so I’m good there. Also, some report the bag comes with this protector but on the vessel site they are also for sale, do you know if they come with?

that is what the wife uses and it seems to work quite well.
We started out with a Roku 2, then a couple Android streamers, then a couple Fire TV streamers. One day found the rewards on one of our CC's had enough points for an Apple TV.

One-by-one the others are getting replaced with Apple TVs :)

I have an old roku device in my office and it SUCKS.
We couldn't use Roku anymore because one of the apps we needed to run isn't available for Roku. But, yeah: I never much cared for the Roku device, myself, so I was not sad to see it go.

My pushcart has no strap at the the top, so I’m good there. Also, some report the bag comes with this protector but on the vessel site they are also for sale, do you know if they come with?

Mine came with one, but no idea if others do.
Its not the strap that is causing my wear, its the edges of both riding and push cart.

Its not the strap that is causing my wear, its the edges of both riding and push cart.
Thanks - I thought that the primary complaint was the strap was the issue, so they began providing the strap covers. I am not too worried as I hope (with some luck) to continue pushcarting most of my rounds and with my cart not having a strap at the top nor many (that I can see) places for rubbing to create issues - it'd be minimal - but I expect I'll be proven wrong - I usually am - problem of being the eternal optimist!

It's so funny reading the reviews on Amazon. Polar opposites make you wonder..

Either way, adding some more Chemical Guys stuff to the arsenal.

1624297724411.png

Thanks - I thought that the primary complaint was the strap was the issue, so they began providing the strap covers. I am not too worried as I hope (with some luck) to continue pushcarting most of my rounds and with my cart not having a strap at the top nor many (that I can see) places for rubbing to create issues - it'd be minimal - but I expect I'll be proven wrong - I usually am - problem of being the eternal optimist!
My Player III did not come with a strap. @X.Man Betti version did. My understanding is that the custom/special ones do, but the standard ones do not. My one complaint about the bag is that it will not stand upright on its own. Other than that, its a good bag.

My Player III did not come with a strap. @X.Man Betti version did. My understanding is that the custom/special ones do, but the standard ones do not. My one complaint about the bag is that it will not stand upright on its own. Other than that, its a good bag.
Yeah mine won't either. It doesn't fit in a push cart well either, but the larger cart model may.

Why does 99% of the golf stuff listed on Prime day appear to be trash? I mean the named brand stuff looks like it couldn't pass an internal inspection. Who knew there were so many rangefinders out there for $65 though!

I’m confused. Or maybe I’ve never had a stand bag. Why do i need it to stand up on its own of it has legs ?

i thought since these were hybrid bags they’d do well on carts?

I’m confused. Or maybe I’ve never had a stand bag. Why do i need it to stand up on its own of it has legs ?

i thought since these were hybrid bags they’d do well on carts?
It has legs (nice carbon fiber ones) but when its not in use, I like to keep it stored upright to it takes up less space. This bag doesn't stand up on its own, the legs have to be deployed. My Ogio RTC will stand on its own. it doesn't seem like its a big deal, until a caddy tries to stand the bag up at the bag drop and it falls over.

It has legs (nice carbon fiber ones) but when its not in use, I like to keep it stored upright to it takes up less space. This bag doesn't stand up on its own, the legs have to be deployed. My Ogio RTC will stand on its own. it doesn't seem like its a big deal, until a caddy tries to stand the bag up at the bag drop and it falls over.
Thanks now i get it. My daughter’s titleist bag is the same way. We lean it at bag drops. And it rests/leans in the golf shelving unit in the garage.

I’ll be able to return if necessary, but hope it won’t be. I’ve wanted a new “generic bag” for a long time.

Whelp, that ended up being an expensive little browsing session. They have the Garmin Fenix 6 Sapphire watch for $499.99, it's $749-799 anywhere else. Couldn't pass that deal up, as I've been wanting to upgrade my Garmin watch for a while now.

I swiped my cc and most of it didn't qualify as a Prime Day Deal. Oh well. Bought a new wifi router, Fire Stick and remote (will use the new remote as my universal), Yeti tumbler for the golf course, and several pair of 2 UNDR trunks.

Had to grab an Echo Dot for my workshop, and grabbed a Wyze Outdoor camera as well.

By the way, meant to ask is it wear or discoloration? If it's wear that's not good, as they cost too much to wear from minor friction (in my opinion), if it's discoloration - that I think I can mostly tolerate.

By the way, meant to ask is it wear or discoloration? If it's wear that's not good, as they cost too much to wear from minor friction (in my opinion), if it's discoloration - that I think I can mostly tolerate.

Mine is mostly wear. I have some slight discoloration around the pockets, but wear in multiple spots.
I have since switched bags and that one will go to a friend of mine.

Mine is mostly wear. I have some slight discoloration around the pockets, but wear in multiple spots.
I have since switched bags and that one will go to a friend of mine.
Thanks. In assuming that the cart bags don’t perform any different nor are they made of different vinyl. So if they also wear as yours has, that’s not going to be good.

I had/have two criteria for this bag, ok 3.
stand
No major logos
6 way - as in not 14 way top

it hit all the requirements. But if it wears prematurely-that’s a whole new set of issues!

Thanks. In assuming that the cart bags don’t perform any different nor are they made of different vinyl. So if they also wear as yours has, that’s not going to be good.

I had/have two criteria for this bag, ok 3.
stand
No major logos
6 way - as in not 14 way top

it hit all the requirements. But if it wears prematurely-that’s a whole new set of issues!

Im sure everybody will have different experiences. I had an OGIO RTC that didnt give me a single issue in 2 years. Others had some issues with it. Im hopeful that yours holds up for years to come.

Back