Recovery Time After Golf

Kind of a weird question, but I'm curious as age and bad swing mechanics start to play a bigger role on my post round recovery.. When you play 18 holes of golf, how long does it take for your body to recover? Are you fresh right after? The following day? Two days after?

Do you do anything to aid in recovery?
5 minutes then I start the next round. ;)

I find that I feel relatively fresh after playing a round. I think it depends on the heat and number of libations that are consumed.

Kind of a weird question, but I'm curious as age and bad swing mechanics start to play a bigger role on my post round recovery.. When you play 18 holes of golf, how long does it take for your body to recover? Are you fresh right after? The following day? Two days after?

If it's not too hot, I'm good to go after and could play everyday day. Was 94° last week and that took it out of me for the rest of the day. Almost always take a cart

I'm 55, and walk quite alot with our puppy.

I find that as long as I'm keeping up with my general fitness (couple times a week running, same with light strength training and stretching), recovering from golf isn't too much of an issue unless I walked a tough track. Generally speaking though, I make sure to hydrate during and after the round and not run myself too ragged with other activities before or after 18 on that day.

I rarely need any recovery time unless it is really hot out during around. Then if it is really hot out 2 days is the max I want to play in a row. Other wise I can go at least 3 usually 4 rounds before I need to rest and get a break from it.

Unless it's a really hot muggy day I don't require much. I will admit that the theragun pre and post round feels quite nice but I wouldn't say it's required. I played 36 in one day recently and had no issue playing 18 the next day. Now if I sleep wrong one night? Forget it I'm out of commission for a the next 3-5 days 🤣

Unless it's a really hot muggy day I don't require much. I will admit that the theragun pre and post round feels quite nice but I wouldn't say it's required. I played 36 in one day recently and had no issue playing 18 the next day. Now if I sleep wrong one night? Forget it I'm out of commission for a the next 3-5 days 🤣
Old age will do that to ya :ROFLMAO:

Riding 18? No concerns for recovery. I stretch before and after I play. We just played 54 in the heat/humidity in the south and by the last few holes, my body was telling me enough already. Advil, stretching, and a theragun session later, I was able to get out play again first thing the next morning. I honestly felt better than I expected.

If I am walking and carrying, I usually play first thing in the morning then head home, shower, stretch, get lunch and then head into work. Stretching is part of my daily routine whether I'm golfing or not and going to the chiropractor about once a month.

In this heat, walking 18 on a hilly home course:
— score in 70s, feel great
— score in 80s, feel like crap

I rarely need any recovery time unless it is really hot out during around. Then if it is really hot out 2 days is the max I want to play in a row. Other wise I can go at least 3 usually 4 rounds before I need to rest and get a break from it.
Quoting my own post because after the fourth round in 4 days in relatively muggy, but not overly hot conditions I can confirm that 4 days in a row is max I can play. I am wiped out.

My last 3 rounds using an electric push cart. Issues have been significantly lower. And being old, that’s a very good thing. Played in hotter temps too.

great investment, and I’ve even been less annoyed at slow play. I think the cart has hada positive effect both physically and mentally.

i can usually feel it the next day, mostly on my legs, glutes and lower back. i could play the next day, but the second day is better. some of that is allergy induced also.

to aid in recovery i will do some foam rolling and stretching if i’m going to play again or have a lesson. this routine is pretty darn good

45 years old, decent shape...

We got away for the holiday so I got the chance to play four days in a row... rode 18 Friday, Saturday, walked 18 Sunday, rode 18 yesterday. I let my partner drive and try to walk as much as I can even when we get a cart.

As long as I stretch before the round, hydrate and take a nap in the afternoon, no ill effects.

I'll take today off, though.

My lower legs are always a bit sore the next day. I could easily play another round and continue for a few more days. I like to use the Theragun on my legs and feet the next day after a round. Works great.

if i walk 18, i'm kinda spent after a round...especially, if i pair up with someone that's riding...i can keep up but i'm walking faster than normal. if riding a round, i'm normally okay after...

If I walk in the cooler months, I likely don't have much energy to play again the day after. Body is just a bit run down. If I walk in the heat, I need about 3 days before I want to play again. I've riden only once this year in Florida heat and never gave any thought to recovery. I don't think riding has near the impact on me as walking.

I will say that despite my being in better shape overall, I still get issues with my right foot (mostly) for a day or 2 after playing - it goes away after a few minutes, it's a plantar faciitis issue that comes and goes, but I use inserts in most of my golf shoes (can't put them in the Zoom Infinity Tours), and that reduces the plantar effect that I get the next morning (I wake up and sometimes don't think to stretch before getting out of bed - and my foot tells me I'm an idiot.

I played 4 days in a row Friday-Monday walking although I did have caddies for a few rounds and I felt good last night. I am thinking about hitting balls today mostly because I am a bit frustrated with my play.

Kind of a weird question, but I'm curious as age and bad swing mechanics start to play a bigger role on my post round recovery.. When you play 18 holes of golf, how long does it take for your body to recover? Are you fresh right after? The following day? Two days after?, ,

I'll be 64 next week. What I have found recently is that the heat causes me more problems than I recall from the past. My arthritic right knee typically will not allow me to walk 2 days in a row if I play 18 (occasionally my knee will lead to some limping if I don't stay hydrated, which will lead to a sore hip for a day or two...hip replacement will be coming sooner than later, and I'm not sure about the knee).

Regarding swing mechanics: I actually took a month off from playing and worked entirely on mechanics in May. So far, no more back pain after or during play. A more positive attitude due to lack of back pain, and consistently better scores. Once upon a time...I went far beyond parallel on my backswing, John Daly like.

Not sure it would work for many, but instead of lessons, I chose to "own" my swing and made adjustments to my set up, how I take the club back, and tempo.

I don't play the "tips" anymore, but I don't yet play the senior tees either. I shot 73 (par 71) playing with my grandson a week and a half ago. That was my best score on that course in 20 years...lol

As to "Do you do anything to aid in recovery?" - I try to keep moving a bit when I get home and sometimes hit balls into my net with short irons at about half speed to loosen up after the drive home.

Not sure if any of this applies for you, but these are the things I've had to do to keep playing decent golf, and for now they are working for me.

Back