Attempted theft on golf course - watch your valuables!

Proof that you should never underestimate another human

Remove the key from the cart. Take it with you to the green.
Carry your heaviest wedge. Wait.
Make them regret it.

Stealing a golf cart is fearing for your life? Best of luck to you in you escalate the situation to that level.

In many states, you have the right to protect your personal property (yes, even with a firearm). The moral of that story is don't pull the same sh!t in AZ that you'd pull in California. The slap on the wrist you'll get in one state could cost you your life in another. Right or wrong, that's the facts.

I didn't say these people are reasonable, BTW. But, I'll let you in on a little secret about a lot of the people who openly carry and say that they "hope they never have to use it", because I've been raised around them my entire life: It's a lie. A justifiable reason to shoot someone is something many of them look forward to. That's the truth.

welcome to the 2020's with 8 billion humans and every day just throwing up more problems to solve -- thus I will continue to immerse myself in playing golf at a private club where theft is still as rare as rocking horse poo

Last edited:
In some countries we don’t carry firearms )

l have more than enough trouble ,making shots on the golf course ,with out opening up another sphere of action lol

Which course?

This exact same thing happens in Hawaii.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I'm at a course quite often I fear someone taking my bag if I run quickly to the locker room, pro shop etc. so I always take my phone, wallet and keys with me out of the bag. Never heard of someone taking the cart.

Callaway has a new punk wedge coming out. Very little bounce on the sole, zero spin, and stainless to make removing blood stains easier.

Proof that you should never underestimate another human
As I like to say - "If you never trust people, you'll never be disappointed."

The fact that kind of stuff is happening is disheartening, but not surprising in the least.

This world just continues to decline....
Yeah... :(

Was at a Walmart the other day, taking advantage of the clearance of the prior-generation Apple TV 4K. The woman behind the counter would not let me examine the box to make sure it was what I was there for. (The store's price did not reflect the on-line pricing.) When I tried to show her what I was looking for on the box she was hanging onto the thing for dear life. As she was ringing it up I asked her "Did you think I was going to tear the thing out of your hands and run out of the store with it?" "It happens," she replied. "I even had one customer rip a product out of my hands, hit me on the head with it, and run out of the store."

Wow.

Up here in the hills it will, too. I golf with two guys who pack while they play (I've never understood why but whatever). That kid would have lead in his @ss (or head) before he even got close to a fence.

Being that he's in San Francisco, I'm sure he has no fear of getting shot by a law abiding citizen.

In AZ he could get shot (also by a law abiding citizen). 🤷‍♂️

If they open carry, do they actually carry it on their hip while playing? Packing thunder while on the green? :oops: Or is their gun in the bag? I mean in this instance if it was in the bag, they're screwed. :unsure:

If they open carry, do they actually carry it on their hip while playing? Packing thunder while on the green? :oops: Or is their gun in the bag? I mean in this instance if it was in the bag, they're screwed. :unsure:
In Arizona you can legally carry (concealed or open) without a permit as long as you're not otherwise legally proscribed, so you never know who's packing heat. Keeps the criminals guessing.

In Arizona you can legally carry (concealed or open) without a permit as long as you're not otherwise legally proscribed, so you never know who's packing heat. Keeps the criminals guessing.
I'm just trying to imagine a guy standing on the green with a putter in one hand & a 9mm on his hip. :eek:

I'm just trying to imagine a guy standing on the green with a putter in one hand & a 9mm on his hip. :eek:
If he's got a good CCW setup, you'll never even know it's there. ;)

I've never seen anybody open carry while playing golf - I imagine it would be a bit obtrusive, and potentially painful!

Hey, OP. You could walk. 🤷‍♂️

If he's got a good CCW setup, you'll never even know it's there. ;)

I've never seen anybody open carry while playing golf - I imagine it would be a bit obtrusive, and potentially painful!

A G43 IWB in a Desantis kydex holster rides just fine.

Obtrusive, perhaps. Just the mere sight of firearms sends some people into sheer panic ;). But there's no reason doing so should be potentially painful. At least not any more than carrying concealed.

Obtrusive, perhaps. Just the mere sight of firearms sends some people into sheer panic ;). But there's no reason doing so should be potentially painful. At least not any more than carrying concealed.
I'm just thinking of the possibility of swinging from the inside and making contact with the pistol with my right arm if it wasn't riding close against the hip. Some OWB/open carry holsters don't exactly ride tight. Easily enough remedied with the right holster, though.

As to the "mere sight of firearms" thing, I laugh about that all the time. My wife and I were sitting in a fast food place here one day and a guy walked past us to his table with a gun on his hip (open carry). I took note of what gun he was carrying and went back to my burger, no big deal. Afterward, I told my wife that if we were back in California the local PD would have received at least twenty panicked 9-1-1 calls and there would have been people diving under their tables and running out the doors at the mere sight! :ROFLMAO:

Back