I still think they should change the name of the PTx Pros to APX...

I talked to Tyler in Nashville about how the can use the EDGE name and Callaway has a box set called EDGE. He said they could use “Apex”, but only in Canada.

I talked to Tyler in Nashville about how the can use the EDGE name and Callaway has a box set called EDGE. He said they could use “Apex”, but only in Canada.
I like ApX...

Please pull the Nippons and send them to them to install...

I offered to send them some to install since the inventory was low!🤷‍♂️:ROFLMAO:

Estimated date of delivery changed from 6/21 to 6/24.👎

I have a quick question for all you Hogan players. I got Lamkin Z5 midsize grips on my new irons. They feel great. I like for all my grips to feel the same so I was looking to order four for my fairway metals. However, I cannot find them. They're not on Lamkin's web site and the two online outlets I checked are sold out. Can anyone tell me which current Lamkin grip is close to the Z5 midsize if they've discontinued the model?

I have a quick question for all you Hogan players. I got Lamkin Z5 midsize grips on my new irons. They feel great. I like for all my grips to feel the same so I was looking to order four for my fairway metals. However, I cannot find them. They're not on Lamkin's web site and the two online outlets I checked are sold out. Can anyone tell me which current Lamkin grip is close to the Z5 midsize if they've discontinued the model?
Ben Hogan Golf used to sell their grips separately. You could email them and see if they have any in stock.

Thanks to those who responded, but the sites recommended don't have midsize and Hogan does not sell these anymore. I'll keep searching.

Thanks to those who responded, but the sites recommended don't have midsize and Hogan does not sell these anymore. I'll keep searching.
Keep checking diamond tour they come and go quickly

Got a notification that my irons made it to the Fed-Ex hub in Kernersville, NC!

I played OK yesterday. The irons worked well. My putting was off so I only made one birdie. I also made four double bogies due to poor fairway wood and bunker shots. One thing I noticed about the irons was I didn't have any shots off the toe during my warm-up or while playing. I think it's because my new Hogans are 1/2" longer than standard. I'll be playing in Florida next week and look forward to getting to know my new set. I hope you all have positive results as well.
BTW I'm thinking I may order a 56* sand wedge to match my 50* gap wedge soon.

I think it's because my new Hogans are 1/2" longer than standard.
Is that because you ordered them that way or just compared to what you had been playing?

Is that because you ordered them that way or just compared to what you had been playing?
It's the way I ordered them. My pro suggested I try that as a remedy for frequent toe hits. I gave it a try with demo five iron from another brand and it seemed to work.

EDGE EX unboxing!

EDGE EX and PTx Pro 6/PW comparisons
3F529524-003A-48F3-AA35-B76625A0DBA2.jpeg8036BBC8-CA1D-444A-A908-8AB982FCF436.jpegB6F3E6FA-C6EE-4402-B3DD-483D309AFED7.jpegE5398012-59B5-4D4B-A95A-C6E1FE0BE47E.jpeg89288821-30A1-4674-B83F-CDC19574C642.jpeg2928ECB8-4A1D-448A-A11F-ACFD9A9AC5B9.jpeg

CC914496-7E89-46AC-90CC-1D61AEBEC698.jpeg00BF87BF-5942-4E5A-97B2-2C9F8B897EE9.jpeg

Initial reaction- these are A LOT bigger than I thought they would be. They are every bit of a game improvement iron. I love the overall look. It really is a modern take on the Apex Edge irons of the late 90s-early 00s. My only critique from first viewing is that the undercut cavity isn't fully chromed. But, that is fairly nit-picky.

J. B., is the Edge EX sole and top line the thicker than the PTx Pro??
Very much so

The sole and top line are way too thick for me. I've got demo clubs arriving today from Hogan, the PTx Pro 7i w/ KBS90 R shaft, and the Icon 7i w/ Recoil F3. I am anxious to compare both against my Apex CF19 7i given how much weaker the standard lofts are.

Back