Voice Caddie G1 GPS Watch Review

As a GPS measuring device, yes
I’m not too sure, I really didn’t compare the two but they are pretty different devices and I’d have to wear two watches to compare them. I haven’t been wearing the link in the winter because it’s covered

I’m not too sure, I really didn’t compare the two but they are pretty different devices and I’d have to wear two watches to compare them. I haven’t been wearing the link in the winter because it’s covered

no worries just curious as they are bothe technically “gps” devices

I would like to see a heads up comparison of the S62 and this one. I have been considering the S62 because it looks like it could be a great everyday watch as well as a gps watch/golf watch. The price tag on the s62 is the only holdback for me.

I am in the market for a new GPS but im not sure if a watch is the right way to go fir me. I need to head over to gokf galaxy and check this out. Nice article

Shoot that’s a good question. I’m not sure the mechanism of it but the screen was on when I would glance at it. I’d bet that it stayed on. I’ll have to check to make sure the next time it goes out for a round
I’d asked if the screen stayed lit up all the time or did you have to hit a button. That was an important feature for me. I only wanted a model where I did NOT have to hit a button to see the screen. Turns out, I found out today after I unboxed the one I just purchased, that the backlight only stays on for 8 seconds then you have to push the button again. Now I have to find out if they accept returns. ☹️

i got out for the first time with my Voice Caddie G1, GPS watch. My first observation is that the user manual is lacking in a lot of information that a first time user could really use. In my last post I complained that the backlight kept shutting off. Not mentioned in the user guide, is that there is a night mode which keeps it lit up. I also didn’t realize that I could upload my rounds where it keeps several stats such as longest drive, average driving distance putts per hole, a visual satellite view of the course where it shows where I hit each shot and how far it traveled As well as hole by hole score and number of putts. There are no club sensors involved so it doesn’t know what club I used. I didn’t know those features were included when I bought the watch so that was a bonus. The manual is also lacking in instructions on how to upload the data it collects to your phone. I did find that it didn’t log every shot but because I wasn’t expecting it to, I don’t mind if it makes a mistake now and then. I had it set to automatic score keeping. It vibrates when I get to the next tee to remind me to enter the score. It already knows how many full swings you took but allows you to correct if it didn’t register all of them. It assumes 2 putts unless you tell it different. The accuracy is good and was as good as my playing partners devices. I’m pretty happy with it so far. I know the more I use it, I’ll get better with the extra features. The fact that I paid half of what the Garmin S62 sells for and has most of the same features means it’s a great value. I know the battery life isn’t as good as the Garmin, but I plugged it in to my car and by the time I was home, it had fully recharged.
According to the Voice Caddie website, a big software upgrade is on the way. It should make the watch even better. My only real complaint is the lack of information provided in the manual. Tech support has been good. They answered my questions in a timely manner. All in all, It’s a big thumbs up for me.

I picked up a G1 early last week and yesterday was my first round with it. It was time to upgrade my garmin S60 That I have had for awhile. I did the software update immediately which was quick and easy to do. I really like how easy this watch is to navigate. I thought the set up was easy and the touch screen is fantastic. In comparison my garmin was tough to navigate I thought.

The G1 looks good and i like the band it comes with. It has a very unique charging cable that you clip on. No more trying to make sure you have the right cable out of the 5 you have laying around. It is a very fast clip in and charging was fast also.

At the course yesterday getting ready to play is simple. Swipe right hit the golfer symbal and it looks for the course. The watch then tells you to move to the tee box. Once on the tee box the hole comes up and you can see everything. The color screen was easy to see even in the direct sun. A quick swipe left and you can have front back and middle for your yardage. There was zero delay in switch holes and the G1 was fast to switch the info.

I did set up the auto scoring and after each hole the watch would vibrate so you can add the score. Each time that came up it was dead accurate. I was surprised how well it worked. the touch screen makes using this watch a breeze. I didn’t mess with moving the pin location yet will try that today. The green view was great to have and I like seeing how far you hit the ball each time. I did download the app on my phone and thought you could transfer your round data over but have not figured that out just yet.

I did not know about VC till I read about the the A2 review here at THP. Lots of options to choose from with VC which is nice.
DB2E78BE-5E92-4310-A6FD-D1BE8E4BC6FF.jpegF799E1E6-48A6-415E-91A2-D6B1D4CC0063.jpeg

I picked up a G1 early last week and yesterday was my first round with it. It was time to upgrade my garmin S60 That I have had for awhile. I did the software update immediately which was quick and easy to do. I really like how easy this watch is to navigate. I thought the set up was easy and the touch screen is fantastic. In comparison my garmin was tough to navigate I thought.

The G1 looks good and i like the band it comes with. It has a very unique charging cable that you clip on. No more trying to make sure you have the right cable out of the 5 you have laying around. It is a very fast clip in and charging was fast also.

At the course yesterday getting ready to play is simple. Swipe right hit the golfer symbal and it looks for the course. The watch then tells you to move to the tee box. Once on the tee box the hole comes up and you can see everything. The color screen was easy to see even in the direct sun. A quick swipe left and you can have front back and middle for your yardage. There was zero delay in switch holes and the G1 was fast to switch the info.

I did set up the auto scoring and after each hole the watch would vibrate so you can add the score. Each time that came up it was dead accurate. I was surprised how well it worked. the touch screen makes using this watch a breeze. I didn’t mess with moving the pin location yet will try that today. The green view was great to have and I like seeing how far you hit the ball each time. I did download the app on my phone and thought you could transfer your round data over but have not figured that out just yet.

I did not know about VC till I read about the the A2 review here at THP. Lots of options to choose from with VC which is nice.
View attachment 9014815View attachment 9014816
The auto scoring works great. Glad you are enjoying it.

View attachment 9014815View attachment 9014816
Great write up!

I'm currently using the Garmin s60.

Are there any features from the s60 that you miss on the VC? I've been looking hard at VC recently.

Nice review. I am looking into replacing my Apple Watch during golf and this one is high on the list right now.

Great write up!

I'm currently using the Garmin s60.

Are there any features from the s60 that you miss on the VC? I've been looking hard at VC recently.

No the G1 counts your steps and that is really all I needed. The older I get the more simple I want and I feel this watch is just right. I am playing again today so will mess with it a bit more!

Nice review. I am looking into replacing my Apple Watch during golf and this one is high on the list right now.

VC has a solid product. I can’t give you any comparison as I have never owned an apple watch. For a golf watch this is a solid option that is easy to use. Make sure to post pics of your new watch 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No the G1 counts your steps and that is really all I needed. The older I get the more simple I want and I feel this watch is just right. I am playing again today so will mess with it a bit more!
I think I'm getting to be the same way. Lots of stuff on the garmin that I was excited about that I don't actually use. (y)

I think I'm getting to be the same way. Lots of stuff on the garmin that I was excited about that I don't actually use. (y)

I always ended up in a screen I didn’t want lol. It also took forever to upload a course And get the watch going for the round.

Has anyone figured out how to change the step counter from KM to Miles?
Also, anyone else having issues connecting to the app?

A couple of comments after using the G1 for 5 months:
1) If you start on the back 9, the watch slows all the correct info for holes 10, 11, etc., however, it wants you to enter a score for hole 1, 2, etc. There was no way I could change that. The only solution was to keep a written scorecard, then manually change all the holes after the round was completed. This would be a deal breaker had I known before purchasing the watch
2) The steps/distance/calories is all wrong. If you do the math my stride is 8+ ft/step. Not a deal breaker

Has anyone had their G1 not allow them to swipe to access the menu or change the time etc? I made sure I have the latest update installed. I cannot get to the golf symbol to get it going. I’m fully charged and I shut it down to try and reset for well over 5 minutes with no luck.

Whatever has happened it is stuck trying to acquire satellite. It is draining the battery once a day and I cannot get it out of that mode. I will have to call on Monday to see if there is a solution.

I had that problem with mine. I tried updating and it didn’t work. I sent mine back and they said they found nothing wrong but they did reinstall the software. Been working fine since I got it back.

I had that problem with mine. I tried updating and it didn’t work. I sent mine back and they said they found nothing wrong but they did reinstall the software. Been working fine since I got it back.

Interesting and i hope i don't have to send it back. I appreciate the feedback.

I'm not sure which model voice caddie wath I have but I usually forget to charge it before I leave to go golfing. Does it hurt the watch to leave it plugged in all the time?

Update to my review they of the Voice Caddie G1. I've had it for 2 years now. For the second time, i had what looks to be a software issue. Last year at this time, I sent it back and they reinstalled the software. On my round last week, the course I was playing still has not been updated in their software so the watch got lost while i was playing a hole that was changed a few years ago. When I got back to a part of the course the watch recognized, it stopped giving me readings to the front and back of the green. After I got home and uploaded the scorecard, I found it stopped tracking my shots and my score. When I tried to do a factory reset, I got an error message (like I did last year) that the factory reset did not work and now the watch will only show the time and nothing else. Same as my issue last year. Emails sent to the company support have gotten no response.

Back