Ready to write my full review on my Morgan Cup driver the Cobra Tour Length RADSPEED XB with a Project X HZRDUS Blue RDX 6.0 Shaft. I tested this club prior to ordering so I somewhat knew what to expect when it arrived. I am coming from the Big Bertha B21 so I will make some comparisons between the 2 models to highlight the performance I have seen from the XB.

Looks

I got the Peacoat version and right out of the box I loved the look of this driver. The matte navy on the crown is really sharp. The Infiniti face coming over the top of crown is a really good way to line up the shot and make sure the face is pointing in the right direction off the jump. This club sits squarely instead of open when placed on the ground which I had read was a complaint of the Speedzone lineup. The head is also very big and inspires nothing but confidence when getting ready to hit the ball. It makes you feel comfortable that you can get a piece of the ball even if you don't put a great swing on it.

Feel & Sound

I always put these together because I think they are very closely connected. If a driver makes a loud clacky tingy sound it will feel hard and if it makes a thwack it will feel soft. The only word I can use to describe the feel of this club is stable. It has a nice solid sound on impact with a just-right ting. The ting Cobra has achieved is a ting of stability and not a ting of a driver that sounds as hard as a bell. In short this is a driver that will check a lot of boxes for feel and sound for a lot of golfers. The only gripe anyone could possibly have is that there is not a ton of feedback on misses until you get way off the center of the face. You really have to be on the edges of the face to get a big feedback on your miss.

Performance

First coming from a 10.5* B21 to this 10.5* XB I immediately noticed this driver was lower launching and a little bit more squirrely than the B21. I imagine if I took them to a launch monitor I might see a bit less spin and launch with this head shape than the B21. Obviously YMMV. I decided to up the loft to11.5* and put the driver in it's draw setting. That gave me some more launch and control of the club. I did that 2 weeks ago and since then I have gone back to seeing very solid results off the teebox again. Stock flight for me is a high fade and this delivers that ball flight on demand. I absolutely loved the B21, but I would have liked to see a bit more rollout as that driver is a carry monster. With this I am getting a bit more rollout and Arccos data is showing me getting the ball out past the 230 yard mark 3-5 times a round which is really good for me. I think this driver would check a ton of boxes for a lot of different golfers. I also imagine at brand agnostic fitters this is a driver that is ending up in a lot of people's hands. It's basically a mid-launch, mid-low spin, mid-high forgiveness driver head that almost anyone could use. This would also be a low risk all around head for someone buying off the rack without a fitting as well.

Overall Impression

I am really happy with this driver. I came from the very best driver possible for me on the market right now in the B21. I thought Ireally had nowhere to go with driver but down. Given the B21 is a forgiving head and lowish spinning (unicorn as @Jman describes) it seemed this XB which is very forgiving, but also low spinning for a forgiving head based on feedback and reviews here on the forum and elsewhere, was the way I should go. The only slight tweak I would have made to the B21 is to get a bit lower launch and maybe pick up some rollout. This is basically what I feel like the XB has delivered for me. This is a driver that is working very well for me, but also has the potential to be a big weapon for golfers that are much better ballstrikers than me.
I am a bit surprised that you find the XB to be lower launching but great info here.

I am a bit surprised that you find the XB to be lower launching but great info here.
Definitely was in the 10.5* for me. At 11.5* harder to tell. I am seeing more bounce and roll though, but it's dry as a bone here too so everything is a bit baked out.

I've got three rounds with the standard. Another 2-3 rounds I'll try to do a more in depth review (be the first time ever)

I've got three rounds with the standard. Another 2-3 rounds I'll try to do a more in depth review (be the first time ever)
Looking forward to this. I think you and I may be the only ones who didn't go XB and well I don't have mine yet haha

Absolutely. This is the club that I have gotten comfortable with first so I wanted to really share my full thoughts. I like this driver a lot. Hopefully we get a lot of questions on it. I think anyone wanting some good forgiveness and a lot of oomph would really like this head.

thats what I need 👍😎

Ready to write my full review on my Morgan Cup driver the Cobra Tour Length RADSPEED XB with a Project X HZRDUS Blue RDX 6.0 Shaft. I tested this club prior to ordering so I somewhat knew what to expect when it arrived. I am coming from the Big Bertha B21 so I will make some comparisons between the 2 models to highlight the performance I have seen from the XB.

Looks

I got the Peacoat version and right out of the box I loved the look of this driver. The matte navy on the crown is really sharp. The Infiniti face coming over the top of crown is a really good way to line up the shot and make sure the face is pointing in the right direction off the jump. This club sits squarely instead of open when placed on the ground which I had read was a complaint of the Speedzone lineup. The head is also very big and inspires nothing but confidence when getting ready to hit the ball. It makes you feel comfortable that you can get a piece of the ball even if you don't put a great swing on it.

Feel & Sound

I always put these together because I think they are very closely connected. If a driver makes a loud clacky tingy sound it will feel hard and if it makes a thwack it will feel soft. The only word I can use to describe the feel of this club is stable. It has a nice solid sound on impact with a just-right ting. The ting Cobra has achieved is a ting of stability and not a ting of a driver that sounds as hard as a bell. In short this is a driver that will check a lot of boxes for feel and sound for a lot of golfers. The only gripe anyone could possibly have is that there is not a ton of feedback on misses until you get way off the center of the face. You really have to be on the edges of the face to get a big feedback on your miss.

Performance

First coming from a 10.5* B21 to this 10.5* XB I immediately noticed this driver was lower launching and a little bit more squirrely than the B21. I imagine if I took them to a launch monitor I might see a bit less spin and launch with this head shape than the B21. Obviously YMMV. I decided to up the loft to11.5* and put the driver in it's draw setting. That gave me some more launch and control of the club. I did that 2 weeks ago and since then I have gone back to seeing very solid results off the teebox again. Stock flight for me is a high fade and this delivers that ball flight on demand. I absolutely loved the B21, but I would have liked to see a bit more rollout as that driver is a carry monster. With this I am getting a bit more rollout and Arccos data is showing me getting the ball out past the 230 yard mark 3-5 times a round which is really good for me. I think this driver would check a ton of boxes for a lot of different golfers. I also imagine at brand agnostic fitters this is a driver that is ending up in a lot of people's hands. It's basically a mid-launch, mid-low spin, mid-high forgiveness driver head that almost anyone could use. This would also be a low risk all around head for someone buying off the rack without a fitting as well.

Overall Impression

I am really happy with this driver. I came from the very best driver possible for me on the market right now in the B21. I thought Ireally had nowhere to go with driver but down. Given the B21 is a forgiving head and lowish spinning (unicorn as @Jman describes) it seemed this XB which is very forgiving, but also low spinning for a forgiving head based on feedback and reviews here on the forum and elsewhere, was the way I should go. The only slight tweak I would have made to the B21 is to get a bit lower launch and maybe pick up some rollout. This is basically what I feel like the XB has delivered for me. This is a driver that is working very well for me, but also has the potential to be a big weapon for golfers that are much better ballstrikers than me.

This is crazy, but exactly what I did with my 9* XB. Turned it up 1* and playing in D position, bombs and fairways away!

Well that was a short experiment. Couldn't keep the XB straight for the life of me and I wasn't happy with how short it carried. It could have been a terrible shaft pairing for my swing but I tried the rdx blue based on my success with the hzrdus yellow. Cobra told me the F1 would have been better, my mistake..
I know I'm the outlier here as it's a miracle stick for near everyone else. I was hoping for some of that magic but for me, it was the exact opposite.

Well that was a short experiment. Couldn't keep the XB straight for the life of me and I wasn't happy with how short it carried. It could have been a terrible shaft pairing for my swing but I tried the rdx blue based on my success with the hzrdus yellow. Cobra told me the F1 would have been better, my mistake..
I know I'm the outlier here as it's a miracle stick for near everyone else. I was hoping for some of that magic but for me, it was the exact opposite.

Same experience for me with the RDX Blue in the standard Radspeed. Currently sitting in my spare bag waiting for me to retip an extra HZRDUS Yellow I have laying around.

Cobra told you the F1 was better for your swing? Based on what?

For those using the XB, what’s the one word you would use to describe it?

For me: stable

It’s just never gets me in trouble if I put even a remotely decent swing on it.

Last edited:
For those using the XB, what the one word you would use to describe it?

For me: stable

It’s just never gets me in trouble if I put even a remotely decent swing on it.
That's me too. Very stable head. If you control the clubface, you will get a good shot.

Got my Morgan Cup clubs today and got a quick 9 holes in the 92° temps.

My driver is the RadSpeed XB Peacoat 10.5 degree with Motore X F3 stiff shaft cut -1" short with Golf Pride Tour Velvet Align Connect Grips

Really felt great at address and layed the way I like my driver....the 1" short was a little odd til I hit a couple!!!

First hit was a long pull left, 2nd was a high slight fade to the right side of the fairway at 271 yards. That's a bomb for me. I was a single with a dad and his young son in front of me, so was hitting 2-3 balls every shot.

I think I'm going to get along very well with this RadSpeed XB driver!!!
28B63181-D8DB-4EE1-A1FB-42239376E8C4.jpegE3DF29CC-D34F-4841-90E2-AAE529D33213.jpeg8DCE1E6A-EB70-49EA-B0F3-2B4D6D529176.jpeg3E56E70D-F483-4307-A58C-AFFB1A05D994.jpeg979685D8-1F7B-4FA1-B319-BA90624CC308.jpeg

I have a shaft question with this driver. I am currently demoing the XB with the RDX stiff shaft. And I am absolutely in love with it, the straightest I’ve ever hit a driver.

There is one I can get used but it has the Matore F3 in stiff for $350. How different is the RDX vs the Matore F3? I’d love to buy used and save $100 but I’m concerned the shaft won’t be as good of a fit.

I love reading all these reviews - makes the anticipation so much sweeter!

I have a shaft question with this driver. I am currently demoing the XB with the RDX stiff shaft. And I am absolutely in love with it, the straightest I’ve ever hit a driver.

There is one I can get used but it has the Matore F3 in stiff for $350. How different is the RDX vs the Matore F3? I’d love to buy used and save $100 but I’m concerned the shaft won’t be as good of a fit.
I’m sure others more knowledgeable than me can chime in on shaft specs, but when I did a fitting I noticed a small difference in the shafts. My dispersion was simply better with the F3. It sounds like you may be different.

Is that confidence of being in love worth the $100? Only you can answer that.

I will say Cobra offers shafts fully gripped and with the adapter for $180. So in essence you would be betting $80 that the F3 is as good or almost as good as the RDX if you bought the RDX after the fact. Just another angle to think about.

The F3 should be a little higher launching and have a little more spin than the RDX Blue. If it were me I'd likely save the $100 unless you are a high spin player. The RDX Blue is also a counter balanced shaft which doesn't work for everyone.

The F3 should be a little higher launching and have a little more spin than the RDX Blue. If it were me I'd likely save the $100 unless you are a high spin player. The RDX Blue is also a counter balanced shaft which doesn't work for everyone.

Agree, RDX Blue stiff knocked my spin down when I was fit.

I’m now going with 9* XB RDX Blue stiff in Draw setting with 8g in rear. I was trying it at 10* in Draw but the pull hooks sometimes came into play and that’s a no no for me playing a fade.

Been alot fun playing around with the settings and weights on this XB driver, it’s so good compared to my previous G400 MAX that I couldn’t get spin down from mid 3000s. Now I’m in the mid 2000’s on good hits.

Agree, RDX Blue stiff knocked my spin down when I was fit.

I’m now going with 9* XB RDX Blue stiff in Draw setting with 8g in rear. I was trying it at 10* in Draw but the pull hooks sometimes came into play and that’s a no no for me playing a fade.

Been alot fun playing around with the settings and weights on this XB driver, it’s so good compared to my previous G400 MAX that I couldn’t get spin down from mid 3000s. Now I’m in the mid 2000’s on good hits.
I won a RadSpeed XB in the peacoat color last night with this exact shaft (RDX Blue Stiff 60g). Only concern is the head is 10.5. I will probably take it down a degree and curious to see how it does against my gamer, EPIC Max LS 9* turned down to 8* w/ MMT 60x.

Anyone out there have the Volition version of the driver?

In testing I did not find the RDX Blue lower spinning. I over spun the RDX. I play the RADSpeed 9 degree with Motore F3 in 60grams stuff. It wasn’t a launch issue over the F1. It was feel. Slightly softer in the handle is all.

In testing I did not find the RDX Blue lower spinning. I over spun the RDX. I play the RADSpeed 9 degree with Motore F3 in 60grams stuff. It wasn’t a launch issue over the F1. It was feel. Slightly softer in the handle is all.
That’s why I said should haha. According to manufacturer specs the RDX blue is a low spin low launch shaft vs the F3 which is more of a mid/mid-high shaft 🤷🏻‍♂️

That’s why I said should haha. According to manufacturer specs the RDX blue is a low spin low launch shaft vs the F3 which is more of a mid/mid-high shaft 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wish they would post their “standard” as to what they compare as mid spin/mid launch

I wish they would post their “standard” as to what they compare as mid spin/mid launch

What were you measuring launch on?

Back