Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Ryan Liberty from Budget Golf joins the show to discuss the retail and sales world during the pandemic.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Ryan joins the show to discuss the crazy world of retail, online vs brick and mortar and more. This show has a lot going on and it is an episode you will not want to miss as Budget Golf joins the show to go Off Course.

Episode 63 is here and Dan and Ryan discuss the following topics.

The Retail World during the Pandemic?
Online vs Brick and Mortar
How Pricing Works
New Fall Releases
How to Win the Trip of a Lifetime
And so much more

Continue reading...

This might be my favorite Off Course episode to date.

Have this ready to go for work this morning.

Good listen really enjoyed the insights on the online retail side of it, limited releases was an interesting part. The experience coming up in Michigan shaping up to be another great experience for some THPers.

So good! Great information about things coming. And the experience sounds out of this world!

Another great interview @Canadan!!

Lot of good info about the retail business here that many may not be aware of.

Great talk about the golf market and how retail has been impacted, in so many ways, over the past year+. Some interesting stats that Ryan gave too.

I think it's great to have a partner, like Ryan from Budget, on these podcasts. Hearing from him, after seeing so many positive interactions here on THP, just continues that relationship the consumer has with the retailer. Sounds like it's a good thing I've waited to buy some shoes, and I'm excited to see what's coming!!

Thanks to @Canadan I could go out and purchase Cloudspun without touching it first. And much like Ryan said, now I'm down the Cloudspun rabbit hole!

“A Big Mac should taste the same in Chicago as it does in Tennessee.”- Ryan Liberty

Great point, I would have used Chick-Fil-A but great point never the less.

Also agree on the need to size up on Travis Mathews.

There is a white belt & black shorts shortage, who knew?

Awesome insights.

Ugh the sizing struggles so much.

Ooo, the footwear teaser. 🧐

College football talk during the fall budgetgolf event had a chance to be epic with the right selections. JB would love it. 🤗

Last edited:
This was an awesome listen..

Anyone else experience a little PTSD as they talked through the golf pandemic timeline??

Really a great podcast, learned a lot.

Awesome hearing from Ryan at Budget Golf. The shoe upgrades have me very excited.

Fantastic show! I loved the discussion about merchandising and sizing across the brands. Loved the mention of the Rule 18 stuff. I bought some of the pants. The material is a really nice touch.

I agree that somethings just need to be tried on, especially shoes, after being burned on some sizing and width issues I bought thinking a 13 was a 13. But, I will buy them from Budget.

Great shoes coming, you say

Very informative. Thanks Dan and Ryan.

It's great to hear from Ryan, what an amazing guy, and Budget Golf is an incredible company. THANKS!

As my 3 year old daughter says all the time, "oh my goodness".

That was a great episode and talk of the Budget Golf event got me really excited. Great job with this one! Learned a lot and that's not typical for a Friday.

That was a great listen @Canadan! I am super excited to hear the info on the feel of the new Titleist T series they wont get here soon enough lol.

I am so pleased that you guys enjoyed this episode!

Ryan was a SUPER easy guest and shared so many interesting elements from an angle we don’t often consider. Hopefully I can talk him into coming back on after the new releases hit.

Awesome episode. Huge thanks to Ryan for being such a great addition to THP. Never really considered Dan to not be much of a college football fan. Those wacky Canadians....The trip sounds absolutely amazing and pretty unbelievable, except for the fact THP and BudgetGolf seem to make the impossible happen.

@Canadan thank you for another fun listen.

Fun episode. I was kinda surprised how big walking has gotten in golf. I guess with the pandemic many young golfers have moved to the sport. Such a cool prize for two luckily THPers and now I also have buyers remorse hearing all about the killer new shoes and irons coming out over the next year.

Forgot to get in here yesterday and scream that I LOVED this epeisode. Ryan comes off just as passionate and knowledgeable as I know he is and it was a really good flow and topic. Well done boys!

And HOLY CRAP the push cart priced during the pandemic :oops:

Just for you Dan…

O-H

Back