The MotoCaddy M5 Electric Caddy Review

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Electric carts are not a new item, but they are slowly gaining steam in the North American market. We have featured a number of them in the past year and recently a brand that is quite popular across the pond has made its way to the United States. Enter MotoCaddy with their full lineup of offerings and today we are focusing on their “middle entry” the M5 GPS DHC Electric Caddy.

We will briefly dive into the tech specs before moving to the THP TV video where we show the MotoCaddy M5 in action. The first thing to mention is the GPS built right into the handlebar. It comes pre-loaded with 40,000 courses so no loading up from a computer the day before the round or anything like that. This crystal clear touch screen also includes a clock, round timer, ability to keep...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the electric caddy I am using and could not be happier with it. Sturdy, quiet and continues to impress me with each day passing.

I have used this with @JB many times on the golf course and I have to agree it's pretty awesome. Everyone is always looking at us and asking us about it too because they see the cart just following along next to us and they need to know more.

I love the GPS and email/text message feature, I find that super helpful personally.

Also, just want to give a big shoutout to @Canadan because I think he did a phenomenal job on this video.

@JB & @GolferGal How high is the M5 when it is folded up, in the position Dan had it at the end of the video? It looks like the GPS screen might stick up a touch further than the screen on the M7. Just curious, since the M7 just barely fits under the tonneau cover in my Subaru Outback.

@JB & @GolferGal How high is the M5 when it is folded up, in the position Dan had it at the end of the video? It looks like the GPS screen might stick up a touch further than the screen on the M7. Just curious, since the M7 just barely fits under the tonneau cover in my Subaru Outback.

Going off memory, but I believe they are the same height when folded. The phone holder and other accessories can fold down and be out of the way. I have a hatch back that is rather small back there with the little cover in place and it fits fine. I can measure for you this afternoon though.

Going off memory, but I believe they are the same height when folded. The phone holder and other accessories can fold down and be out of the way. I have a hatch back that is rather small back there with the little cover in place and it fits fine. I can measure for you this afternoon though.
Yeah the device holder gets removed for me, but that is a breeze to do.

Just makes me realize the outback trunk space isn't very tall... time for a bigger car haha.

Nice video - I really like the GPS feature with the 'adjustability' for flags/and details on distances to hazards.

So, who designed/built that GPS for MotoCaddy? or, is that their own design? I use an older GPS and then just estimate based on hole location from the GPS's stated distance to middle of the green.

Nice video - I really like the GPS feature with the 'adjustability' for flags/and details on distances to hazards.

So, who designed/built that GPS for MotoCaddy? or, is that their own design? I use an older GPS and then just estimate based on hole location from the GPS's stated distance to middle of the green.
I believe it is their own design. As shown in the video, with the mobile app it does so much including text messages and more.

Thanks - saw that as well, I was less enthused by the messaging etc, than the use of the GPS functions - I'm old, I will check my phone here and there but mostly don't want the phone to be a distraction of any kind when I am on the course. I do watch my daughter when we are playing, she is on that phone each time we are waiting on tees. I did that a few times, got my brain wandering and I have enough focus issues already, what were we talking about?

Thanks - saw that as well, I was less enthused by the messaging etc, than the use of the GPS functions - I'm old, I will check my phone here and there but mostly don't want the phone to be a distraction of any kind when I am on the course. I do watch my daughter when we are playing, she is on that phone each time we are waiting on tees. I did that a few times, got my brain wandering and I have enough focus issues already, what were we talking about?

I think that is what I like about it. I dont have to ever check my phone. Score, important texts, etc all come to the screen.

Cool video. Really would love one of these if I was a big walker. Does the cart just go straight and you have to turn it yourself is that how that works?

Cool video. Really would love one of these if I was a big walker. Does the cart just go straight and you have to turn it yourself is that how that works?
The m5 goes where you aim it. M7 can turn and pivot with remote.

The m5 goes where you aim it. M7 can turn and pivot with remote.
So with this one you have to follow it and can't just sent it down the fairway and expect it to stop at the green haha. That would be pretty cool since it has a built in GPS

Here's a good image from the site

1625577923789.png

I think that is what I like about it. I dont have to ever check my phone. Score, important texts, etc all come to the screen.
I fully understand. We have different needs in that regard, as i would expect. And they may or may not be age based, i think if I was in the golf industry it’d be a very different perspective reactive to being plugged in, so to speak.

i see the value of it though. Me, I’m just checking to make sure no friends or relatives died! 🤪

So with this one you have to follow it and can't just sent it down the fairway and expect it to stop at the green haha. That would be pretty cool since it has a built in GPS
I always felt more comfortable with it close, for some weird reason.. Despite saying I'd prefer the remote feature of the M7.

I always felt more comfortable with it close, for some weird reason.. Despite saying I'd prefer the remote feature of the M7.

First off, this video is so well done and I loved the overhead shots of you using the screen. Second, I'm with you, I'd rather have the remote. I've tried manual mode and I don't like the feeling of not being in total control.

Here's a good image from the site

View attachment 9015693
Similar image for the M7, but hard to tell what the 470mm refers to. Even the listed specs aren't that helpful: 650mm (L) x 470mm (W) x 410mm (H). Is 470 the width across the back wheels? Either way, the M7 specs are 650mm (L) x 470mm (W) x 420mm (H) so the M5 is slightly more compact when folded.

Great stuff as usual, Dan.

That seems pretty compact when folded. I dig it.

Marjorie and I have been talking about starting to walk most of the time for health reasons...I really think if we end up doing that we will probably buy a couple of these. I'd probably go for the m5 just for the GPS. Super cool feature.

First off, this video is so well done and I loved the overhead shots of you using the screen. Second, I'm with you, I'd rather have the remote. I've tried manual mode and I don't like the feeling of not being in total control.
It's weird, right? Maybe all those times using a push cart and the familiarity of having complete control, or whatever it is... I just found myself placing a hand on it even though it wasn't needed at all haha

Talk about being conditioned.

It's weird, right? Maybe all those times using a push cart and the familiarity of having complete control, or whatever it is... I just found myself placing a hand on it even though it wasn't needed at all haha

Talk about being conditioned.

I can't tell you how often I do that still.

Great video. The screen with GPS and texts as well as score makes an all around great use of the cart for golf. This would truly be an awesome experience that takes golfing to the next level.

Its super interesting because the day @Canadan used the M5, I used the MGI with remote. I can't think of any time other than once that I didnt have the cart right in front of me. I think the remote adds some nice options, such as being able to look for a ball and bring the cart to you, but outside of that I am not sure I would get the use. I absolutely adore the GPS and phone functionality.

I would say all of this is very similar to the M7 remote model. The speed of 5-6 seems to be a perfect walking pace or me, and I've not had too much worry from hills and such. As much as I like the GPS feature, I do think I enjoy the remote aspect a bit more. There is something nice about just being able to send it and steer it away from issues vs having to do it myself!

Does this have gyroscopic straight tracking (stays straight even going over side hill) and rotating front wheel? GPS feature very cool.

Back