Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Golf apparel continues to evolve, not just in materials but also when it comes to the patterns and prints which we are seeing golfers enjoy. Sure, some aren’t for everyone, but golf is supposed to be fun, and Straight Down is a company that runs with that.

I was lucky enough to get a polo in to take a closer look at for a full THP rundown. Does it deliver? Definitely.

Continue reading...

Not a print I would normally wear, but I kind of dig it. Straight Down makes some solid apparel.

Looks good @Jman. I agree in the feel. Very nice in hand. Very similar to Greyson which I personally love.

One of my favorite brands that I discovered while visiting a course and buying a logo shirt. Some of the best quality I have come across.

• Staff
This one really did surprise me. Last time I’d seen SD in hand was a couple years ago in a local pro shop, but the material and weight of this one blew my mind. It’s truly excellent.

• Staff
One of my favorite brands that I discovered while visiting a course and buying a logo shirt. Some of the best quality I have come across.
This.

And mine has now been washed and worn 5 times since writing this piece, and still no issues with snags or seams.

I've had a quarter zip of theirs for quite awhile and really like it. Seems the polos would fall in line with that but haven't got any yet.

• Staff
I've had a quarter zip of theirs for quite awhile and really like it. Seems the polos would fall in line with that but haven't got any yet.
I’ve been eyeing the 1/4’s now. But I’m also eyeing some of their stuff potentially for my HS boys next year, that’s about the highest praise I can give.

Like most brands in golf apparel, I want to see it in a pro shop before I take a chance on it. After I see and feel it once, I’m in. Sounds like good stuff

Like most brands in golf apparel, I want to see it in a pro shop before I take a chance on it. After I see and feel it once, I’m in. Sounds like good stuff
Feels like clouds. You’re in.

I got one 50% off from 2ndSwing that I haven't had a chance to wear yet. After reading this, I might have to throw it on this evening. I will say the material feels incredible in hand.

Just the first impression really turned me off to this. That shirt pattern is way too busy for me to even consider. If they had presented a more subdued version for the article I would have been more interested.

Then reading more and looking at the reviews people like the feel and fit. Since I wear polos rather often I already have 15 that I think have a good feel and fit so I'm not looking at more at this time.

I hope this finds the right home for people looking at them, I don't see myself being in that group based upon my current wardrobe because this isn't adding anything new to me.

Just the first impression really turned me off to this. That shirt pattern is way too busy for me to even consider. If they had presented a more subdued version for the article I would have been more interested.

Then reading more and looking at the reviews people like the feel and fit. Since I wear polos rather often I already have 15 that I think have a good feel and fit so I'm not looking at more at this time.

I hope this finds the right home for people looking at them, I don't see myself being in that group based upon my current wardrobe because this isn't adding anything new to me.
It’s like I mentioned in the article, this pattern won’t be for everyone, but they have that covered with some very traditional looks in their lineup as well.

My shirts from Straight Down are all basic colors or subtle.
I'm wearing a light blue and white striped shirt today.

It’s like I mentioned in the article, this pattern won’t be for everyone, but they have that covered with some very traditional looks in their lineup as well.
Absolutely understand. My statement was first impression for the article like I said. I have no doubt they will be and are an amazing shirt from a great company but when that's the first thing I see it's a personal turn off to me. Call me boring and call me safe. Maybe in a couple years I'll be sporting some fun and loud shirts, but not yet.

My shirts from Straight Down are all basic colors or subtle.
I'm wearing a light blue and white striped shirt today.
@Jman I also just realized I'm wearing a shirt today for my suit that makes me look like either a picnic table or a lumberjack.

Absolutely understand. My statement was first impression for the article like I said. I have no doubt they will be and are an amazing shirt from a great company but when that's the first thing I see it's a personal turn off to me. Call me boring and call me safe. Maybe in a couple years I'll be sporting some fun and loud shirts, but not yet.

And that’s definitely why they have options for everyone, from fun, to subdued. Definitely a well rounded lineup which was nice to see!

And that’s definitely why they have options for everyone, from fun, to subdued. Definitely a well rounded lineup which was nice to see!
That we both agree on! Having a well rounded line up is key to getting a larger target audience because people can pick from their preferred style and then on occasion go crazy and pick up something more fun or go fun then pick up a solid pattern if the event warrants one.

Great review, James. I want to try this just off your description of the material.

I wonder if SD does private label shirts for clubs? I have one from Burnt Pine that is as great feeling as any silk shirt I’ve had.

Great review, James. I want to try this just off your description of the material.

I wonder if SD does private label shirts for clubs? I have one from Burnt Pine that is as great feeling as any silk shirt I’ve had.
I bought a polo and 1/4 zip from Aviara Golf Club

I'm so impressed with this brand. First the shoes from earlier this year and now reading Jame's review of the polo.

I love the quality. Will be looking to jump on it when they go off-price or I play a club that has a cool logo on their goods.

I've got 4 of their polos now and 2 1/4 zips. They have a nice mix of traditional styles and some that are unique. I have gotten more compliments on the Straight Down polos than any other brand I have worn.

Back