Recent content by 03trdblack

1. 03trdblack

Lamkin UTX Grips Review

While I personally love these grips, I have run into some quality control issues with them. They don't seem to quite have the same quality control as Golf Pride grips typically do or even as other grips in the Lamkin line. I've noticed the thickness of the rubber can vary, especially at the...
  2. 03trdblack

Whatever happened to "graphene"?

That is for sure! For example, Osmium is the heaviest metal found on earth and twice as heavy as lead. Unfortunately it's also toxic and extremely volatile and is extracted from from platinum if that tells you how expensive it is. From what I found it's 30 times more valuable than gold because...
  3. 03trdblack

Whatever happened to "graphene"?

Unfortunately they can't mass produce borophene quite yet.
  4. 03trdblack

Superstroke 3.0 style grip but softer and more sticky like a Winn?

Do you grip it down that low though? It only really tapers at the bottom.
  5. 03trdblack

Superstroke 3.0 style grip but softer and more sticky like a Winn?

What about the Winn Pro 1.32? It's just a hair larger than the 3.0 but close enough. https://www.winngrips.com/products/excel-putter/winnpro-x-132-132-diameter/
  6. 03trdblack

Chael Sonnen Claims Tiger Woods is Using PEDs

That's because Tiger knows they won't test him...
  7. 03trdblack

Project X VRTX Shafts

I've latched on to using these since true temper quit selling sensicore inserts. I find you can cut them in half and get the same results but get more sets of clubs out of the pack with double the inserts. ShaftEase Vibration Dampening Inserts Made in the USA For Metal Golf Shafts Reduces Shock...
  8. 03trdblack

Mizuno ST-X 230 and ST-Z 230 Drivers

Same, can't get this club out of my mind in wanting to go test it.
  9. 03trdblack

Titanium putter

Ping had some titanium putters in the JAS line and Callaway had the Tour Blue and TiHot putter lines that were made from titanium. All had different looks and finishes and I always felt the feel off the face was very soft feeling as the titanium seemed to absorb vibrations.
  10. 03trdblack

Mizuno T-Zoid Pro irons, anyone play them?

Old thread, I know, but I played the Mizuno Tzoid Pro irons in high school also and recently found a set that I stripped the chrome from and rebuilt. I like how they turned out and the patina is coming in nicely.
  11. 03trdblack

AeroTech SteelFiber Private Reserve Shafts

Where on the website does it say that exactly? It's my understanding that these are just tighter tolerances than the standard version and basically mirror what True Temper does with the "Tour Issue" version of the Dynamic Gold shafts. Essentially a way to better sort them at the factory and...
  12. 03trdblack

Stability Tour2 Polar Putter Shaft

LAGP comes out with a white shaft that people can recognize on TV so BGT does too! :D
  13. 03trdblack

I feel like I need a ZX5 Driver...

I'd love to hit the version Hideki is using but the stock retail version doesn't appeal much to me.
  14. 03trdblack

Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

How can you say the 845 doesn't have as much carbon fiber? The panels wrap around the sides of the clubhead and underneath in the 845 driver just like they do on the TEE. If you really want to split hairs, maybe the 845 has slightly less carbon fiber but we don't know the actual amount and...
Back