Recent content by Acesteve

1. A

Contemplating Retirement - Describe Your Transition

Moab is awesome but Utah has a ton of great parks and is underrated
  2. A

I love the US west. I have multiple routes planned and will start the first summer 2025. Are you camping or just finding some place to stay whereever you are?
  3. A

Any health experts? Cholesterol?

don't fear the statin. I'm on a baby dose and it drops my levels extremely low. I talked to Dr about stopping and he shared they have proven over 30+ years to have additional benefits
  4. A

any fishermen here?

15 Bass above 22 inches in 7 mornings of pleasure. This was about 27 inches or 8#
  5. A

any fishermen here?

I have a small place in Okeechobee florida so I bass fish. yes, pics of every fish bigger then 25 inches but on phone so need to post from phone not desktop. The very best memory I have no photo of. Never seen this in 30 years of bass fishing. I got a hit that looked like a small fish but...
  6. A

great add! this is a very important consideration. If your company offers a health benefit in retirement, I've never heard that being available until age 55. Most companies unfortunatly don't have it. Made far worse if you have childern under 26 still on the plan
  7. A

any fishermen here?

I spent the last two weeks down in florida fishing and loved it! Did not want to come home in spite of my casting shoulder hurting so bad. A great topwater bite every day but 1 and that is my favorite form of fishing well, until I missed a fish and had two of three treble hooks...
  8. A

I saw something on TV that caught my attention. I was shaking my head, yes. It relates to how people talk about retirement. Camp 1 talks about having enough money to last. Camp 2 talks about making memories. The point being that you want to be in Camp 2 as it implies money...
  9. A

I turned in my retirement papers that set my date a few weeks ago. Odd feeling having always worked. I have always done my own planning and have degrees in Finance and a network of people who work in industry. About 5 years ago I started preparting for retirement by making all my big...
  10. A

Percentages - Walking vs. Riding

Have not ridden a cart in 5 years
  11. A

When did The Masters become THE major?

the other majors have helped it become The Major Inconsitant venue's, moving the tournament time, courses that can't keep up with guys hitting 350 yard drivers.
  12. A

Shaft Length for a Driver

I have stock and I have -1 tour length. Currently playing tour length. Don't see that it has any material impact on distance. How I make contact is far more important on both distance and accuracy.
  13. A

Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

just wanted to pop in an say hi, I live in Northern Ky, work in Cincinnati and play most of my golf in rural Indiana most recently. I see that a number of ou appear to be in the Cincy metro.
  14. A

Random Thoughts based on a round with 3 guys much better than I

The beasts that bomb it +275 that I've played with were impressive and fun in a scramble but not the best scores. best scores were the guys that appear boring to watch but they are not making many errors and proximity to pin was very good. I've played with some great true Senior golfers...
  15. A

How Do You Prepare For a Tough Course?

Bring lots of balls If that is not working drink more beer
Back