Recent content by Achilles515

1. Achilles515

WTB .355 Graphite Reg Shafts 6-PW

Title says it all. Looking to throw them in some old Eye 2s. Don’t care about grips, -1” would be perfect but is really irrelevant. Has to be at least 6-PW. Recoils and Fujis are high on my wish list. I’ve never hit the Steelfibers but general consensus seems to be that they’re just below the...
  2. Achilles515

Would I benefit from new irons?

1. Don’t get for if you’re “terrible.” As you get better your swing will drastically change and your “fit” is pointless. 2. I’d get some GI or SGI because they will definitely be an upgrade over those. At minimum you should experience better contact and more distance. Plenty of sets made within...
  3. Achilles515

Wood Shaft Questions.....

Bought a 70g 5 wood shaft and paired it with the 18g weight. Was only able to hit a few balls with though. The added weight was definitely refreshing but I want to try out both 18g and 10g weights. Pretty confident I’m on the right track.
  4. Achilles515

WTB 5 Wood Shaft - Reg Flex

Looking for a 5 Wood Shaft, reg flex, 42" ish, 70g-75g. Bonus if it has a Tour Edge adapter but not a deal breaker. Not looking to break the bank. Shipped to AL. Lmk what y'all have.
  5. Achilles515

Review Maltby Max Milled Wedges

I'm still playing my 54 and 60. Roll out all gonna depend on greens where your at and balls your using. I live in the south with fast/dry greens and with an E12 Contact I really liked the rollout or lack thereof. On full shots it would hop and stop. With my 60 on 15-20 yard pitches there would...
  6. Achilles515

Club repair recommendation

Nail polish or something to that effect. Gonna be tough to get it exact though.
  7. Achilles515

What is your driver loft - and why?

Currently hitting a 12 degree Tour Edge and playing with having it turned up to 13. I hit 3o ft high liners with a 10.5 so i'm experimenting. So far so good though. Also been working on my AoA with the driver as well so between the two it seems to be a winner.
  8. Achilles515

WTB Tour Edge C721 Weights

Looking for the 15g or 18g weight or both for this. Website says out of stock but im sure someone has them.
  9. Achilles515

Unfortunately it was the only shaft option at the time so I gave it a shot. Which is why I'll probably go with a heavier shaft to start with.
  10. Achilles515

I currently play a shorter driver shaft due to me being a midget. Actually I'm 5'2 but played a 43" driver. Just got in a Tour Edge C721 with a 50g Ventus Red shaft in it. Lighter than I'm used to but had it cut down to 43" from 45.5". So obviously it's going to play lighter than 50g. Absolutely...
  11. Achilles515

Do you carry less than 14 clubs, why?

Crazy. I started this thread a year ago and saw it pop back up. Even my own bag has changed. I'm down to a driver, 3 iron, 7-PW, 54, 58, putter. So I'm down to 9. I'm not bombing par 5s in 2 and any short par 4 I can hit a weak driver or my 3 iron. My 5 utility iron covers a 4, 5, 6 for me...
  12. Achilles515

Review Maltby Max Milled Wedges

Similarly, I spent a lot of time hitting 15 yard pitches over bunkers/trouble with mine. Was incredibly impressed with the stopping power on a slick practice green. Have a 54 and 60 now and won't look back.
  13. Achilles515

Cutting my Bag to 10 Clubs

Was playing more but really don't see the need and actually feel some relief lol. I'll be carrying a Driver (250-260 total), 5 wood (200-210), One Length Utility 5 iron (175-185), 7 iron (155), 8 iron (145), 9 iron (135), PW (125), 54° and 60° wedges and putter. Never feel comfortable with a 6...
  14. Achilles515

12° Driver Anyone?

I've actually settled on a 12° Tour Edge C721. Can get either a Ventus Red, Hzrdus Smoke Black or Air Speeder shaft. Hit one earlier and on the monitor I was getting the height I want so hopefully it all works out lol.
  15. Achilles515

WTB Looking for a 12° Driver

Trying to see what's out there let me know what y'all have. Preferably regular flex and in good shape. No Titleist.
Back