Recent content by Ake84

1. Ake84

What driver loft would you recommend?

I posted this question in ask the pro for the radio show as well, but I really want everyone thoughts and feedback on this problem. I now it`s a hard question to answer without the data collected from a trackman or similar, but sadly no one around where I live has one for me to test. But your...
  2. Ake84

New always better?

As I mentioned in another thread I broke the face of my hybrid, so I have been pondering what to buy, but a couple of days ago I was given a 3# big bertha heavenwood hybrid by a fellow golfer. I was grateful, but a bit sceptical of this old club. And I had to game it since it was a gift. But it...
  3. Ake84

Boo Weekley`s mossy oak gear?

Tried searching a bit in this site to find some feedback on the mossy oak golf gear that Boo Weekley uses but could not find anything. Part from being a golf nut, I have one more passion and that is hunting. The best day of the year for me is 10. August the start of the roe buck season up here...
  4. Ake84

Has anyone broken the face of their hybrid?

I broke the face of my 3 hybrid today, nike slingshot. I have never seen this on a hybrid before, but on several drivers. Is this a common problem on hybrids? Or are this a flaw from the factory?
  5. Ake84

Which shaft would you recommend for me?

Up here there are not any places I could do a shaft fitting, so I hope you guys could give me some pointers. I currently game a stiff Ust v2 shaft, I launch the ball high to too high with that shaft. My swing speed are right around 105 mph. Based on that what would you guys choose? The head of...
  6. Ake84

My hips are to fast..

I`m almost ready to wrap my driver around a tree, I can`t get it to work at all. I have a natural draw in all my clubs, usually the driver too, but now I`m really slicing the driver bad. I think it`s my hipps that are a bit to fast in relation with my arms, can`t get them connected. Any drills...
  7. Ake84

Adjusting the swing weight of a driver?

I have tried to search on this topic, but could not find anything. So here it goes. I have adjusted the length of one of my drivers, a 10,5* nickent 4dx, I cut it down to a 44" length. I lost 2 mph on my average swing speed, so that was not a big deal, and it seems like I am hitting the sweet...
  8. Ake84

Lie angles drive me crazy!

Sometimes I wish I could erase my memory and just go back to before I knew about lie angles and all the other variables in golf fitting. I am currently in the market for a new iron set, but the prices up here are sometimes crazy, and I would save a lot of money ordering from US or Uk. But then...
  9. Ake84

Which hybrid/rescue should I choose??

I`m not very happy with my current hybrids, they are the stock 3# and 4# that are sold with the Nike Slingshot set. I have a natural draw, and these hybrids work more or less like hook machines. I also think the heads are to big. I`m looking for hybrids to replace a 3 and 4 iron and not...
  10. Ake84

Your own world golf ranking!

Since so many not like the current ranking system, it god me wondering. How do you guys think it should have been? What is more important consistency or wins, is the 2 year period to long or to short? How would you solve "the problem"? I personally think the current system is quite good, but...
  11. Ake84

Late check in!

Forgot about this one. I am a 27 year old man/boy (you guys be the judge) from Norway, I have 2 main hobbies, golf and hunting. It am glad I am still studying, so that I can have time for all. I am now playing at a 24,4 handicap, and my goal this summer is to get to about a 15. This should be...
  12. Ake84

Anyone changed insert on a white hot xg putter?

I really don`t like the über soft feel of the odyssey insert, but I really like the the shape and alignment aids on it. So I have started to think about making an insert in metal, but I am not sure which metal to choose. Steel, copper or aluminium are the once I have been thinking of, the two...
Back