Recent content by al15abc

1. al15abc

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I found a Chrome Soft Triple Track on the course today, and played it for 15 holes. Really liked the ball flight, the ability for the ball to stop, and the way it felt. I personally did not like the lines on the ball, but to each their own.
  2. al15abc

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I played those last year and liked them, so I picked up another box this year. Doesn't seem to fly as far as other balls, and when I actually pure a wedge, the ball gets all cut up (hence the name, I guess).
  3. al15abc

Worst Experience on the Course?

I've been hit by plenty of golf balls, fortunately never in the head. I've played in some horrible conditions, and it seems like every golf trip I take, I get the shanks. However, the worst, or at least the weirdest round of golf was when a buddy and I got paired up with another twosome. A guy...
  4. al15abc

Trying to Break 80 Club

81 on Thursday (10 over). Went 3 over on the front, then got on the bogey train for 3 holes, and decided to get off the train with 2 doubles in a row. Ended strong with 4 straight pars, but somewhat frustrating not to get below 80.
  5. al15abc

Trying to Break 80 Club

Last month or so has been the story of 2 different 9's.. Usually start off slow with a 42-45 then finish the back 9 with a 38/39. However, on Sunday I started with a 37 (1 over) and thought, this could be the day for mid to low 70's!! However, went 10 over on the back, with only 1 par (being...
  6. al15abc

Minnesota & Wisconsin Thread

Played Royal the first time a couple weeks ago. Was very impressed with it, and don't worry it is nothing like Deer Run, plenty of room to miss fairways without hitting into someone's back yard. Front 9 was designed by Anikka Sorensen, and is extremely tough. Back 9 was designed by Arnold...
  7. al15abc

Trying to Break 80 Club

81 yesterday, 42,39. However, I think it is the first time I ever went a round with nothing worse than a bogey, unfortunately there were 11 of them!!
  8. al15abc

Trying to Break 80 Club

78 today, 3 doubles cost me. Felt like I knew what I was doing on the course and where the shot was going to go. Second time breaking 80... feels great!!!
  9. al15abc

Review: Bully Pulpit Golf Course (Medora, ND)

Played Bully twice a couple of weeks ago. I would say that similar to other posts, the front 9 is nice, but nothing spectacular. Hole #3 is being renovated and shut down for the year, and the pro said that #6 and #7 will probably be moved next year as well, due to flooding, etc. Back 9, in...
  10. al15abc

Do you have an unlimited golf membership?

I live in MN and belong to the Public Country Club. For $65 a month, there are over 100 courses that I can play. It's a ridiculous deal, as I play at least 2-3 times a week from April through October. Here's the website for more info https://www.thepubliccc.com/faq The course I usually play...
  11. al15abc

Cable companies - Cutting the cord

So, I know I can watch it on at least 2, if not more devices at the same time, as I do this sometimes in regards to watching sports, etc.. However, that is through my account. Remember, 5 other people can set up their own accounts from me sharing my "google family" with them. So in reality: me-...
  12. al15abc

Cable companies - Cutting the cord

What I like about Youtube TV is that you can share it with 5 other people. So, my bill is just over $60 a month, but when I share it with 5 other people, it comes to $10 a person.. Right now I'm sharing it with some of my siblings, and mother and haven't asked for them to "chip in", but when it...
  13. al15abc

Review: Bully Pulpit Golf Course (Medora, ND)

Playing Bully Pulpit on Tuesday... any other courses around that I should play? Will be heading back to the Twin Cities, so any courses along the way?
  14. al15abc

That's quite the hole, number 16 I believe (although for the Ryder Cup it was #7). Water right, creek left of the fairway, and the green surrender by water on both sides and behind. However, if you can place your drive in the fairway, it can definitely be a birdie hole, as I don't think it is...
  15. al15abc

I've played all those courses. I think the Meadows is the hardest (even harder than hazeltine in my opinion). Then Hazeltine, Chaska, the Wilds in order of difficulty. The Wilds has a great deal in the spring and fall where you pay the temp to play. One time it only cost me 29 dollars to play!!
Back