Recent content by AllPING-AllDone

1. A

Toulon Stroke Lab San Diego - consensus on this putter?

I got an amazing deal on this putter but bought it blindly (it's a lefty thing, you wouldn't understand!). I've carpet rolled it and conducted a brief practice session on an actual green. Great distance control on short/long putts. I'm not a fan of the sound and feel though but it seems to be...
  2. A

I need help with this little dilemma (golf related).

I wasn't sure where to post this but here goes... Annual vacation to Martha's Vineyard is coming up next month with wife, son, brother in law, sister in law and all the cousins (about 15). Imagine a hot beach cottage with no a/c, no cable t.v. and the least expensive golf option is $185 a...
  3. A

How does the SM7 Raw hold up?

Is the Raw $45 better than the other versions? How is the durability? Anyone seeing something unusual with wear? Thanks! Is it worth $646 for 3 (that included tax and shipping)?
  4. A

Help with a driver shaft fit!

I have a PING G410 Plus 9* with EF Black 65g. 6.0 and it's a true fairway finder about 245 max off the tee. Ball flight is a slight fade. I went to a recent Titleist demo day and was put into a TS3 10.5* EF White 75g. 6.5 and was 20 yards longer. Ball flight was dead straight or with a slight...
  5. A

Anatomy of a Vokey SM7 wedge

Anything out of the ordinary with these? I know they are taper tip. Do I need a collared ferrule? Does Vokey use some kind of tip weight for these? Thanks!
  6. A

Recent driver fitting

I went to a Titleist Thursday event and got dialed in with a TS3 8.5* driver with HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 @ 45". It gave me great #'s and I really liked the sound and feel. Question: if I put the same shaft in my G410 Plus 9*, do you think I would get similar results? A shaft, adaptor and grip...
  7. A

Does there come a point of diminishing returns?

I'm 43 yo, a little on the heavy side with a slight muscular build. I'm lifting the heaviest I ever have (bench 225 lbs, squat 265 lbs, deadlift 415 lbs, leg press 900 lbs) for reference. Last summer I was diagnosed with a slight tear in my right rotator cuff, I had a right elbow issue, I've...
  8. A

Need help with a driver build...

I have a 9* Rogue SZ head and I'm leaning towards the HZRDUS Yellow 63 6.0. I want it at 45" instead of the standard 45.5" and I still want it at D3-D4. I will be installing a standard MCC Plus4 blue grip. Is this feasible or will it come out too light? Thanks!
  9. A

DG 105 S300 in irons & DG 120 S300 in wedges?

I'm thinking about ordering some new PING irons & wedges. The irons would of course have DG 105 S300 and the wedges would have DG 120 S300. Is that a good set-up? PING doesn't offer the DG 115 wedge shaft. I previously tried DG 105 shafts in different wedges and didn't have a good result but...
  10. A

Fitting Results Are In...

I did a Fitting Van Experience a couple of days ago and I'm not sure I like the results? I decided on a PING bag, we didn't do wedges or putter because I already knew what I wanted. Irons: i210 and it came down to DG 105 S300, DG 120 S300, KBS Tour-V Stiff. We threw out the KBS because of...
  11. A

Mizuno Fitting: Would it be crazy to go against the recommendations?

Fitter put me into Project X LZ 6.0 for irons/wedges, stock Speeder stiff in the hybrids & Tensei White 70 stiff in the driver. The results were good, I can't argue with that BUT they are so heavy and stiff and I'm worried about the body holding up over an entire round. I was leaning towards...
  12. A

I want to reshaft my Rogue Sub Zero driver...

I have the head and I want to reshaft it with a finished length of 45". I dry fitted a couple of shafts I had in the garage and the swing weight was in the C-range. I want it in the D4 range. Right now it has a T800 shaft in a 5.5 flex at a finished length of 45.5" with a MCC and it comes in...
  13. A

Cubital Tunnel Syndrome

Does anyone currently have this or had it? It's Carpal Tunnel's little brother. Dr. said my options are to leave it alone or surgery (short downtime). It affects my every day life and every time I hit a golf ball, it's similar to a little stinger on my funny bone every time with numbness and...
  14. A

Fitting Question: Torn between shafts

I can get a really good deal on a complete set of PING golf clubs. The problem is that i can't decide on any golf shafts. 7 iron clubhead speed: 80 mph 7 iron carry distance: 155 yards Quick transition High launch/high spin player Small tear in my rotator cuff which has significantly...
  15. A

PX Even Flow Black in the woods and PX LZ steel in the irons/wedges?

Would this work? The website classifies EF Black as low/low and PX LZ as mid/mid. I am a high launch/high spin player typically. I have tried a bunch of shafts in the i210 head and the Project X LZ 5.5 outperforms everything else. More carry, more total distance, tighter dispersion. I have...
Back