Recent content by Alpha

1. A

GI Irons - Lofts Don't Make Sense

I am super aware of what the lofts are today versus 35 years ago. Only difference is now I carry three hybrids and four wedges. I know how far I get my clubs in the ball stops well.
  2. A

GI Irons - Lofts Don't Make Sense

This subject is getting very tired. For several years people have griped about lofts getting stronger in GI irons. My swing speed has went down somewhat since i was about 55, I love the technology and my handicap is about the same. I also enjoy playing with guys hitting it 300+ off the tee and...
  3. A

Ai-Smoke Questions

Do lower swing speed (90/95) see similar gains in distance? I hit the Rogue max well now, mostly same on LM with Paradym blue.
  4. A

Odyssey 10 putter to wrist lock?

I can’t seem to eliminate my left wrist (rt handed) from pulling across ball, like old Billy Mayfair stroke. I’ve tried multiple grip styles and putters over the years. Today I tried wrist lock with my 2 ball ten. It was at least 2” short, I’m sure needs more loft and wrist lock grip. 5 and 10...
  5. A

Club Car rough ride

My last cart came from urban buggies in TX. Beautiful rebuilt full custom club car, believe 4” lift larger tires more sidewall. It had a better ride on the golf course than my new Onward. Hard to believe no one has come up with an aftermarket suspension kit to soften the ride for as many private...
  6. A

Club Car rough ride

I have a club car onward with 12” stock low profile radial tires. All else is stock. The ride is harsh in the rough or over small bumps on the course. Dealer said all is good on suspension and no ideas either. Of course don’t want to get 10” balloon tires like course rentals. Open to...
  7. A

Help me with a possible golf cart purchase

We researched for months drove out of state to find Chinese brands to drive. looking at all pros and cons we ended up with club car lithium ion and door works kit on it. This is a golf cart to just drive to and from course. We felt not the cheapest but delevevered most value for what we wanted.
  8. A

Aim Bias help

Have so much trouble lining up on intended line. Use a 2ball lined putter and a line on the ball. I can get the ball pretty well lined up but then am told putter and ball aren’t lined up ( I think they are ) I mainly aim right of what I think is perfect. Have went to right hand claw. Seems...
  9. A

Lead arm - how straight do you keep yours when hitting driver? Thank you!

try not to bend lead elbow, bow wrist little at top. When I get erratic, get back to firm lead arm. Probably 8/9
  10. A

Heater for enclosed golf cart

About the same temperature down here, but windy, cloudy.with rain. Really wanted the Red Mr Heater but it was 3800 btu all the time. We will play here if there is not a long frost delay, sunny and high of 45. Yes, any heater you can’t turn down will get to hot if sun is out.
  11. A

First 40 yrs of golf did a lot of that, I was much tougher then 🤭
  12. A

I had an old Coleman propane Golf cat that wore out. Did get a mr heater adjustable one last year, it kept going out when terrain was bumpy. Eventually did not restart. I really would like an adjustable one for a 1 pound propane tank. I don’t always need it on high, It uses propane faster. Of...
  13. A

Using wrists more in putter swing?

Practice and played for 40yrs. Still 36 putts a round is good for me. I have found a pop stroke or using the wrists more help, it worked ok for great players for many yrs. I believe if what youre doing isn’t workin do something different. If we’re not playing. superfast Greens like current...
  14. A

Hearing aids affecting putting?

Distance
  15. A

Hearing aids affecting putting?

Physically great condition, hearing loss due to yrs of construction. I have read about feel and sound correlation. i have putted terribly since getting hearing aids ( 2weeks). Sound of putter now is kinda high pitched at impact. Thinking about just not wearing them for golf. Anyone else ever...
Back