Recent content by Antihero

1. Antihero

Draw Flight Without Lower Back Issues

I can't seem to generate a consistent draw flight unless I rotate considerably and follow through considerably. When I do this fairly consistently, SS increases and so does carry/total. Distance gains are clearly visible and measurable. The problem is, my lower back feels it. So for...
  2. Antihero

Getting "Handsy"

Recent, intermiitent issue cropped up with my driver swing during the past three rounds: Hard pulls. This has been proven to be a very effective in making for several blowup holes per round. I generally have a slight draw---but this is different. No curvature really--just mid flight missiles...
  3. Antihero

Importance of Course Management

A question for those who have gone from a 20 HC to 10 or less---How much of the improvement was due to improved course management/different ways of approaching the game for optimal score? What were the key takeaways? I recently took a lesson from a good PGA pro. During the lesson we played...
  4. Antihero

Favorite Course vs. Least: Why?

Straightforward question. What say you? Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  5. Antihero

How Did You Know?

After playing for X amount of time/effort/energy and investing X on lessons or practice---At what point in time were you able to forecast your peak future potential (within reason)? Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  6. Antihero

Conventional Watch: Swing Speed Factor?

This may be a stupid question but can wearing a traditional style stainless steel watch impact swing speed and carry/total distance? I started wondering as various shafts are measured in grams. Pretty sure my watch (which by habit is always on) weighs more like x number of ounces. So the...
  7. Antihero

Long but interesting video. Curious to hear THP thoughts and feedback.

Why Golf Today Is A Secular Short (A PGA Insider's View) http://flip.it/XNl5ET Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  8. Antihero

Coolest thing you've seen on a course

This is not very exciting but I saw a bobcat scamper across the fairway of #9 at my home course. It is the first time I recall seeing a bobcat outside of captivity. The other one is this: My buddy managed to splash a cart on a local private course. I had the pleasure of getting in and...
  9. Antihero

The fishing thread

Warsaw grouper. Hand cranked from 450 feet Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  10. Antihero

What Drives Your Tee Box Decision?

What rationale do you use when picking your preferred distance? Do you use some form of math involving an average drive distance? Handicap/average score? Something more ambiguous? Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  11. Antihero

The best shot of the round

This drive. Last couple of rounds driver has been so so. I was actually using FW predominantly due to greater average distance past couple of rounds. Played a round recently with a very very low HC player who recommended a more exaggerated secondary spine angle to promote a flatter takeaway...
  12. Antihero

Probably this drive. Best one of the day. Followed with a solid 5i that didnt quite hold. Almost had an eagle look. Missed the bird by inches and settled for par. Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  13. Antihero

"Someday it'll be funny" thread

Thought I'd start a new thread about things that happen on a golf course that may be funny one day----maybe just not today. So today my buddy accomplished this feat. At a private course no less. Innocent enough---Downhill slope. Hit a good drive. Maybe a little too good. Wasn't sure if it...
  14. Antihero

Very inconsistent driver day This one was probably the best Unfortunately followed up with 2 bump and runs But ended with a one putt for par Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  15. Antihero

Breaking FW Shafts

Shameful admission: I have shattered the shaft inside the ferrule in two Rogue SZ 5 Woods. This is within about a 10 week span. I clearly don't have the most consistent swing (working with a PGA coach) but what confuses me is that my misses tend to be off the toe. I don't recall ever...
Back