Recent content by Antony NZ

1. A

Project X PX 5.5 vs PXi 6.0

I've gamed PX 5.5 for a long time now and love feel + launch I get from this shaft. I while back I picked up a set of PXi 6.0 for cheap and they have been sitting in my cardboard until I decided what heads I was going to fit them to. That day has come and what I interested in knowing is, are the...
  2. A

14* SLDR Driver

Has anyone hit one of these? How did it go? Like the idea of having a driver that I can hit over any tree if needed :D but would like to keep my spin rate in the low or sub 2000's. Currently game a Bio Cell+ set at 11* with a Fujikura Pro 63 stiff. Typically see 13-14* with 1500-2000 rpms on my...
  3. A

What are you building? (Club style)

This week I've reshafted a 3 iron with a prolaunch blue hybrid shaft and put a rip phenom 70 into my exotics xcg-7 beta driver.
  4. A

Fujikura Motore F1 vs Fujikura Pro TS

How do these two compare in the 60 gram, stiff range? On paper they look pretty much identical (tip flex, butt flex, torque). Have been looking a new shaft for my Bio Cell+, love the F1 (have it in my Razr Fit TA). I can get the Pro TS more easily but have never hit it. Anyone tried both...
  5. A

Bio Cell + Driver face angle?

Does anyone know the the spec's on the face angle to loft settings? Cant find anything on it and just curious to know, as on the higher non-draw lofts settings finding it very draw bias. Cheers
  6. A

Push fades! Grrrr

My last 3 rounds I've been fighting a push fading, sometimes slicing my driver & woods. Tonight on a tight course had to revert but to my 3 iron off the tee which returned me back to a nice straight/very tiny draw. After my round I got my driver out, put a large box down on a slight inside-out...
  7. A

100-110 Mph what shaft flex are you playing?

I'm interested hearing what people are playing. As my swing speed has increased I've gone from regular now to stiff & now I'm thinking about x-flex. Swing to parallel, aggressive on the way down & misses tend to be more right than left. Play a 10.5* Razr Xtreme driver as I like a higher ball...
  8. A

Hitting down with your irons

Ive been struggling with my irons of late, main miss being a push & shots out towards the toe. After playing around with ball position, forward, back, away & towards me I found with the ball closer to me to hit it effectively the feeling I had was that I had to hit up on it or hanging my upper...
  9. A

Cleveland/Tour Action 53 Diadic

Over the last month I've manage to pick up a couple of brand new older non-conforming wedges to give a try, one being a 60/13 Jaws with the original MD grooves. So much spin from all lies & your ball really suffers but a lot of fun to use. Now to my question, the other day a brought a...
  10. A

Pre-shot routine, who has one?

As the title states, who's got a pre-shot routine? I don't really but I've heard its a good thing to have to help relax & play better golf. If you do, as strange as it sounds, did you make one up? Practice it? Or always just have one? And does it help? I normally don't take practice swings or...
  11. A

Overthinking during your round

Ive been going through abit of bad form the last month or so but today finally shot a decent score. I did it however by not thinking about my swing, alignment, grip etc. I didn't use the ball alignment mark on the tee box or the greens. Just picked my spot, imagine the flight or line & swung. Im...
  12. A

Who's increased there swing speed by training?

As the title says who's trained to increase swing speed & had success. This winter I decided I want to have a comfortable driver swing speed in the 110-115 bracket by summer, yes distance inst everything but the more short irons I get to hit into the greens the better, the more 5 pars I can...
  13. A

Tour AD DI-6 vs Fujikura Fuel

Thinking of trying one of these shafts in my driver. Im not in a position to try before I buy unfortunately but I interested in hearing from people who had experience with one or both. On paper it sounds like these shafts should be at the opposite end of the scale. Ive got a Tour AD shaft in my...
  14. A

Am I swinging to far inside?

Whenever I look at myself on video I think my hands at the top look to low & maybe this is because im coming to far inside? I normally hit a draw, my p3proswing normally reads my path as in to out & my misses do tend to be pushes or hooks. I normally set my driver to a draw setting, closed...
  15. A

Spine Tilt & swing path

Does spine tilt effect swing path? Eg if a players shoulders are level would it encourage an out to in path vs tilted back encourage in to out? I hit my driver with a High draw setup with plenty of tilt. Irons not so much but never have given any thought to tilting when using anything other then...
Back