Recent content by aPeglegNinja

1. aPeglegNinja

GPS on professional tours

Yardage books are great. Caddies spend years cultivating accurate books for courses all over the world. Each event they painstakingly count off steps to specific landmarks on every hole, in an effort to give their player the most accurate information possible. What if we got rid of that? Give...
  2. aPeglegNinja

Do female recreational golfers age 25-40 exist?

This isn't some thing I really noticed until recently, but I basically never see female golfers between 25-40 years old (give or take a few years) at the range or on the public courses I play. I've seen plenty of middle/high school aged girls and 40+ women playing, but no one in between. What...
  3. aPeglegNinja

Forgiveness =/= Straighter; Let's talk about that.

I feel like one of the biggest misconceptions newer golfers have about golf equipment is that by playing the "most forgiving" club, ball, shaft, etc their 30 yard slice will be magically transformed into a 5 yard draw. I mostly blame clever but purposely nebulous marketing for this. I say clever...
  4. aPeglegNinja

Be Honest: Do you have good golf etiquette?

We've all been there. Hit a perfect tee shot only to find ourselves sitting in an old, unfilled divot. Or you have a putt on 18 for birdie and *bloop*, your ball bounces over an old pitch mark and misses the cup. It's infuriating and yet, do we all do what we can to make sure that doesn't...
  5. aPeglegNinja

Role of Right Shoulder during swing?

Imagine your standing up straight and you shrug your right shoulder. It will move up, basically toward your right ear. Now, apply that same shrug in a golf swing. When I'm at the top of my backswing, often my right shoulder is shrugged upward. I don't know why I do this and can't seem to...
Back