Recent content by Arkie_3_fan

1. Arkie_3_fan

Your Diamond in the Rough best places to play

If you ever happen to be near NE Louisiana, Black Bear is another good one. Mountain is a fun course that I would like to play again. It’s been years since I’ve been there. I’ve been told that village creek is nice, but I’ve not played there yet.
  2. Arkie_3_fan

Your Diamond in the Rough best places to play

I have not played Mystic Creek but many of my friends have and they say it is a super nice course but fairly difficult. I've played Chamberlyne at least a dozen times and really like the course. It's a bit quirky and possibly not as finely manicured as some of the HS Village courses, but it's...
  3. Arkie_3_fan

WTB Regular Flex Driver Shaft with Cobra MyFly8 (or compatible) adapter

Getting older and looking to move over to a regular flex driver. I don't really play enough golf these days to justify buying something new, so I was hoping someone on here my have a spare shaft stuck in a corner somewhere. Thanks!
  4. Arkie_3_fan

What are you building? (Club style)

Once our house is completed and I have a bit more of our carport storage room to myself, I plan to set up a work bench where I can hopefully do some work on clubs. I picked up my project putter a couple of weeks ago (Odyssey White Steel #1) and plan to do some work on it. It's 1" shorter than...
  5. Arkie_3_fan

WTB - Odyssey White Steel #1

I currently game an Odyssey White Steel #1 and was thinking about getting a 2nd one as a backup or to keep inside the house for practice and such. I'm sure that I could probably dig one up on ebay or callaway preowned, but THP'ers are awesome, so I figured I'd check here first.
  6. Arkie_3_fan

Air Compressor question

I know this is pretty far off topic for a golf site, but since we have people from all walks of life on here, I figure someone might have an opinion or two to share. I'm looking to get a decent air compressor in the $200 - $300 range. It's main use would just be for airing up car/atv tires and...
  7. Arkie_3_fan

Looking for Pensacola/Ft. Walton Beach information

My wife is having a fit to take our 3 year old daughter to the beach this year, so we are trying to get a trip together sometime in the next couple of months. Having never been there, what are some of the attractions in that area, especially things that a 3 year old might be interested in? I...
  8. Arkie_3_fan

Shout out to Rhyno!

I've got to get on here and give a huge thank you and shout out to Rhyno. In what is pretty much a common thing among the THP family, Rhyno did me a big favor and wouldn't take any payment in return. Someone had once done him a favor and he was just paying it forward. You can't beat a class...
  9. Arkie_3_fan

Weekend golf trip to Hot Springs Village

The rain and cooler weather are moving out just in time. I'm leaving tomorrow for a weekend golf outing at Hot Springs Village near Hot Springs, AR. I've only managed to get out for 18 holes so far this season, so I expect my game to have plenty of rust. Still, with with weather in the high...
  10. Arkie_3_fan

Ryder Cup style event at Chamberlyne Country Club near Danville, AR

I'm finding it hard to concentrate on my work today. My mind is already thinking about the Chamberlyne course, the fun I had there last year and how I'm going to attack the course this year. This year we have 88 people divided into two teams, that will compete in a team 4-ball match Friday...
  11. Arkie_3_fan

You know you've been spending a lot of time on THP...

When you have a dream about meeting JB and Morgan. Yes, last night I dreamed I ran into them at a gas station and they were on their way home from attending a PGA tour event. Crazy!
  12. Arkie_3_fan

Energy Drinks & Shots

Put me in the never had an energy drink group as well. Unless of course you count Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew...
  13. Arkie_3_fan

Energy Drinks & Shots

If good ol' Dr. Pepper doesn't do it for me, then it just ain't gonna get done.
  14. Arkie_3_fan

Hunting - (Warning graphic photos inside)

Dove season starts on Saturday and I'll be working at the lease, clearing roads, trails and shooting lanes on Monday. Time to quit neglecting my trail cameras and get them in the woods!
  15. Arkie_3_fan

Izzo golf net problem

This past spring, I purchased the Izzo Giant Jr. net. I've had it in my yard since sometime in late April perhaps. Yesterday evening, I was going to move it since it had been in the same spot for a while, and one of the red straps connecting the lower part of the net to one of the rods, broke...
Back