Recent content by ArmyGolf

1. ArmyGolf

Root For or Against?

In my very first THP Event, while I was still learning the vibe, I got excited when an opponent made a mistake. My playing partner @sposey013168 very quickly told me to stuff it and "that's not how we do things round here". Winning is nice, but nobody wants to win a hole with your opponent...
  2. ArmyGolf

NEWS 2024 Grandaddy Announcement

It's so great that The Grandaddy is still rocking people's worlds!
  3. ArmyGolf

The Match - Rory, Lexi, Max and Rose

If there's a free live stream I'll check it out. Ain't paying for it.
  4. ArmyGolf

New Orlando golf resort —- AWESOME

PhillyV, dhartman and myself all played pretty decent and got absolutely skull dragged by Canadan's 63. I dare say he left a few out there too.
  5. ArmyGolf

Best Equipment To Get at an Experience?

Gotta be irons for me. I take a little longer to get a driver dialed in and feeling right, so at least with irons I know I'm going to hit some decent shots at the experience.
  6. ArmyGolf

Are you Blue Collar or White Collar and do you fit?

Brown collar. Most days I'm covered in crap and no faction wants to claim me.
  7. ArmyGolf

What did you make on your last hole of 2023?

I ended 2023 with a 9 on a par 4. Driver down the pipe. Pulled iron gets an awful bounce into greenside bunker (10 ft deep, zero sand in it). Skull over green into trees. Drop into a horrific lie in the weeds. Skull over green onto roof of fitting center. Drop. Miracle flop shot to 10 ft...
  8. ArmyGolf

Least Favorite Type of Golf Course

The combination of desert golf with crazy narrow holes. Nothing worse than being 2 yards into the rocks and cacti all day long.
  9. ArmyGolf

Graphite Design Tour AD VF Shafts

I very much would like to dabble with this shaft. Just waiting for my Ventus TR Blue to act a fool to push me over the edge.
  10. ArmyGolf

What's the best shot you've witnessed by a THPer?

Clive #6. Tyler from Callaway (I think) drove it to 10 ft with a 3 wood. Pretty sure we conceded the eagle out of sheer respect and admiration.
  11. ArmyGolf

Hole 1 of the 2016 Hogan Event at Cowboys Club I was paired with Tyler from Hogan. He elects to hit driver off the deck from like 265 while I'm standing there like "wtf this guy doing?" He cozies it up 15 ft hole high and walks back to the cart like it's absolutely nothing. Straight stone...
  12. ArmyGolf

To this day that's the only shot that I KNEW was perfect the moment it came off the club.
  13. ArmyGolf

I forgot about that one! I was absolutely crapping my trousers too, since it was a downhill lie in the bunker. When we were in the fairway before we played our second shots @tequila4kapp (on our team) comes charging back from the group ahead to let us know they lost their match, and we NEEDED...
  14. ArmyGolf

Wells fargo pulling sponsorship

Can't blame them. Ponying up north of $20 million so a no name Pro can cash half a million for finishing T8 can't be too good for returns. Ratings are down. Players are leaving. Charitable component is shrinking.
  15. ArmyGolf

Exhausted by Pro Golf?

The older I get and the more I learn and understand about how the world turns, the less I care about pro golf. At the same time, the more I love real golf. Played by real people who PAY to play it for nothing other than love of the game and enjoyment of course and company.
Back