Recent content by arydolphin

1. arydolphin

Dahmen Looking for Weekend Money Game

He got a game at Thorny Lea, which is Matt Parziale's home club. Parziale is the guy that won the Mid-Am a couple of years ago and had a day job as a firefighter. I've played there before, they have probably 20-30 guys at that club that are scratch or around there. It's a par 70 and just...
  2. arydolphin

Going for the Green on Par 5's = Not Smart

I know the hole that you are talking about and I will go for it in 2 if I hit a good drive. Even with the hazard up the left, there is room to play out to the right before the trees come in and have 20-30 yards left to the green. I would much rather have that shot than a full wedge. On...
  3. arydolphin

Corona Virus/COVID19: Local Impact

There was a stat I saw earlier today that Miami has gone 7 weeks without a homicide for the first time since 1957. With respect to balance: the response to this was always going to have to try to thread a needle between the economic hardships and medical hardships. Naturally, people are going...
  4. arydolphin

This isn’t just because of COVID. This has been a trend for years, especially in rural areas. The medical centers lose too much money and then they close. Like other poorly performing businesses, COVID will accelerate their demise.
  5. arydolphin

So you left AMA in your case. And now you think that hospitals are admitting people that don’t really need to be admitted? Why even go to a doctor when you clearly don’t trust the medical system?
  6. arydolphin

2020 NFL Draft Thread

Now you have a backup QB. Jameis wants to do what Bridgewater did, play better under Payton and go get a fat contract after that.
  7. arydolphin

Serious answer: yes. I’m a pediatrician. I was told by my hospital in January that my contract wouldn’t be renewed at the end of June. While this was pre-COVID, trying to search for a new job has been almost impossible. Almost every place that I have inquired at is either laying people off or...
  8. arydolphin

I read an article this morning about a nurse from Huntsville, AL that came up to Boston to work for a few weeks on a COVID unit at Massachusetts General Hospital. This one sentence reminded me of why this feels very different based on where you live: “To date, with just 5,572 positive tests...
  9. arydolphin

2020 NFL Draft Thread

I am howling at this:
  10. arydolphin

2020 NFL Draft Thread

This is awful:
  11. arydolphin

2020 NFL Draft Thread

You're so right about this. I just looked at Cooper's contract, it's very easy for the Cowboys to get out of that contract after 2 more years.
  12. arydolphin

2020 NFL Draft Thread

Cooper, Gallup and Lamb is one hell of a threesome of receivers for the Cowboys
  13. arydolphin

2020 NFL Draft Thread

I also think the online nature of this draft has taken away a lot of the trading that normally goes on, which stinks.
  14. arydolphin

2020 NFL Draft Thread

No excuses for Baker Mayfield this year looking at the skill position talent on that team along with acquiring Conklin and Wills as new offensive tackles.
  15. arydolphin

2020 NFL Draft Thread

He was diagnosed with cancer in 2018 and is 67 years old. I'll cut him some slack.
Back