Recent content by ATLGolfer

1. ATLGolfer

B Asha "Special X" shaft

Found this while skimming the Bay the other day. I've never seen a B Asha shaft marked as "Special X." I'm used to seeing a number/letter code (example - 5S or 7X). Anyone familiar with this and have some insight on what it is? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. ATLGolfer

THP Callout -- Flog: Come get your whoopin'

It's time to finally rekindle the ATL/Flog Challenge one last time before I head out to Savannah. Tomorrow morning at Berkeley Hills CC, it's on like Donkey Kong. We'll use this thread for the live round play by play.
  3. ATLGolfer

Do I need to change my name?

Quasi-Open letter to my friends at THP: The last two years have brought some incredible changes to my life. Some good, some less than. The most recent change has been with my work. About a month ago the firm asked me to open an office in Savannah. After a lot of thought (and initially...
  4. ATLGolfer

Energy Drinks & Shots

I used to avoid energy drinks for coffee, but I'm starting to drink monster a lot when I am traveling. I've also moved to Monster in mornings on the way to the golf course. Never thought I'd see the day. Monster white, orange and citrus are the current favorites. Tried blue and red -- too...
  5. ATLGolfer

Official THP Event Pondering Thread

No joke. I've become a pretty big OEM wh***. It's hard for me to get excited about another OEM. I'll admit it. With that said, the Wilson event is amazing. Cannot wait to see the sign up on this one.
  6. ATLGolfer

NBC has broadcasting rights to Open Championship

I have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed to hear this announcement. NBC has a knack for ruining golf coverage, as illustrated by its broadcast of the US Open over the years. The Open Championship is one of my favorite events of the year, and I am very concerned that NBC will now ruin that...
  7. ATLGolfer

FS: Apex UT 24* (KBS TourV Stiff) - New

I'm selling a new, never hit Apex UT. It's 24* with a stiff, KBS TourV stiff steel shaft. I bought it a couple weeks ago off of Amazon because it was a really excellent price. Ultimately, I don't want to pull my hybrid out of the bag, so I don't need the UT. I had planned to return it...
  8. ATLGolfer

Toughest Tee Shot For Amateurs? The 2014 Morgan Cup Opening Tee Shots

Definitely a nerve-wracking tee shot. I've been fortunate enough to play in a lot of THP events and tee it up in front of dozens of THPers. This was nothing like the rest. Just an amazing experience. I'm glad that my swing was actually 3/4. I was trying to just take it back 1/2 way. The...
  9. ATLGolfer

Masters Champions Dinner -- What Do You Have?

I remember this thread from last year, and it was pretty fun. Masters Champions Dinner is this evening. If you were the champion, what would you serve? I'll start: My version of surf and turf -- filet stuffed with lump crab and served with a blue cheese sauce Roasted, then fried, new...
  10. ATLGolfer

"Frozen" Right Shoulder

I've noticed that my right shoulder will get stuck during the backswing. Instead of moving with the left shoulder, the right shoulder stays "frozen," which causes the club and my right elbow to get far too upright. Pulls and thin shots are the result. I'm hoping that Mr. Kong has some insight...
  11. ATLGolfer

Proper Posture

This morning I saw a drill to check spine angle alignment. It involves putting a club on your back so the shaft is connected from your shoulder blades to your tail bone. The shaft should touch both points. I've seen this before, but today was the first time that I've actually tried it. Looking...
  12. ATLGolfer

Putter Fittings

I've been fortunate enough to go through club fittings, but I still use an off the rack putter. I always wonder if I would benefit from a putter fitting. For those who have been fitted for a putter, tell us about it. Where did you get fitted? What drills did they have you do? What type of...
  13. ATLGolfer

Thoughts on Hal Sutton Swing

I watched the Golf Channel Academy show on Tuesday (2/11) night with Hal Sutton as the guest professional. It was definitely an "aha" moment for me. It's like every swing thought that I've tried to accomplish wrapped up into one professional golfer. His approach is pretty simple: Keep your...
  14. ATLGolfer

FS: Titleist 910f FWs - 15* and 19*, PX 8C4 Shafts

Selling my Titleist 910f fairway woods. The 3W is 15* and the 5W is 19*. Both have the Project X 8C4 tour issue shaft (stiff flex). Both are standard length. Both have a Lamkin 3Gen REL grip. The grips certainly aren't new, but they have some life and grip still in them. Pics show the...
Back