Recent content by Badger_Golfer

1. Badger_Golfer

Brand perception's influence when making an iron purchase.

Brand plays a role, for sure. Theres certain brands that I just dont like, partly due to gimmicky designs and marketing and partly because theyve madee outrageous claims in the past. Irons are expensive enough that Im not willing to be adventurous on a $1200+ purchase.
  2. Badger_Golfer

What does your next purchase need to be.

I dont know that theres any real, "need". Ive already got a great set of clubs. Probably driver. I love my Tommy Armour but its almost 5 years old and its probably time for an upgrade.
  3. Badger_Golfer

Who is #2?

For me its a tossup between Phil and Brooks. All the respect in the world for Langer but its the Champions Tour. Im not even going to touch the long putter thing. Too easy.
  4. Badger_Golfer

What non-golf things are you looking forward to in 2024?

Changing careers. After working 25+ years in manufacturing I start barber school in January. Its something Ive been thinking about and planning for over the last 3 years and Im beyond excited that its finally happening.
  5. Badger_Golfer

Mizuno Winter Solstice

Pretty awesome but Id expect nothing less from Mizuno.
  6. Badger_Golfer

NFL Running Backs- do they have a point?

With how short their careers can be, the physical tool that the game takes on them and the fact that the rule that protect quarterbacks and the passing game; I dont blame them for wanting their money and being unhappy. Im a Wisconsin fan, so I love me a good running back (and a good fullback...
  7. Badger_Golfer

Bunkers... or, rough?

It depends upon the rough and depends upon the bunkers. Are we talking Open Championship bunkers or your local muni bunkers that barely have any sand in them? Are we talking Open Championship rough or muni rough? If theyre nice bunkers with fluffy sand, I'll gladly hit out of them over 6" deep...
  8. Badger_Golfer

Women are the WORST side seat drivers!

Thats why I just let my wife drive and pretend that shes a better driver than I am. At some point its better to just let her drive and not have to listen to her tell you that you drive too slow, give you last second directions of where to turn and tell you the whole time that shes a better...
  9. Badger_Golfer

Is there anything worse than a coffee maker on the frits?

Id say a refrigerator on the fritz is worse. The real bummer with using the k-cups is that if your Keurig breaks, youre kind of screwed. At with drip, if the machine breaks you can just do pour-over coffee.
  10. Badger_Golfer

Tour Event U.S. Women's Open at Pebble Beach

Welp, looks like I just became a Bailey Tardy fan. Anyone who is a Mizuno staffer, loves dogs and has the same name as my dog cant be all bad.
  11. Badger_Golfer

Where do you "waste" the most time during a round?

Usually its playing on my phone waiting for the group in front of me but of the choices, pre shot routine.
  12. Badger_Golfer

How much do you pay for a haircut?

$35 with a tip. A lot of this question really depends upon where you live, where you get cut and what you get done. I used to only pay $25 and just got a buzz cut but my barber added a post-cut shampoo to her list of services and I cant say no to that. It doesnt get much better than having a...
  13. Badger_Golfer

Driver expected "life"

They can lose their pop over time but youd have to be hitting thousands and thousands of shots with them and unless youre a pro, youre unlikely to hit them that much.
  14. Badger_Golfer

Least favorite playing conditions.

Cold. Its just not fun to be out there when you have to be all bundled up to where your swing is restricted and where it stings your hands every time you hit the ball. When I lived in Wisconsin I played plenty of cold weather golf (even played in a blizzard one time) and I will gladly take...
  15. Badger_Golfer

Save 1: Breakfast Staples

Probably eggs because its just not breakfast without eggs.
Back