Recent content by badolds

1. badolds

Week 4: THP Fantasy Football

Woe is me I'm 0-3. A blistering 85 points by my squad will not win many matchups. Slim pickens on the waiver wire.
  2. badolds

Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

I played in a 15-20 mph wind Sunday and the Apex pro's were my friend in the wind. It was fun hitting a lower penetrating shot that defies the wind and then a towering PW 160 yards downwind right next to the pin. I used my backup set last time out so having the Pro's back in the bag was a blessing.
  3. badolds

Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I have gotten used to the 45.5 length of the Mavrik but this is the first driver that I have played that long. I was playing a short course this weekend and choked down an inch or so and hit some great drives. I could cut it down but I do not mind the extra length above my hands and swing weight...
  4. badolds

Bunker or No Bunker? That Is The Question.

My approach to bunker play is to make sure I get out of said bunker on the first shot. My control is not good enough to flirt with bunkers so I do avoid them when possible.
  5. badolds

Choosing Your Wedge Grind?

Got fitted and I am happy with the results. The MD5 Jaws have been fantastic.
  6. badolds

Houston Area THP group

I cannot make it this Wed but I have Mondays off and would love to play with you sometime. Next weekends weather looks perfect with highs in the 70s so I am going to play twice if possible.
  7. badolds

How many bags do you own?

Three Gamer C-130 cart bag Grandaddy Ogio with a full back up set An old Datrek 14 way that is in rough shape with a set of 845s
  8. badolds

Choose Your UST Mamiya Shafts

Proto 125 in everything if I am fitting myself. I would switch to lighter shafts but I have had no luck doing so with steel.
  9. badolds

How much do you take from seeing other putts?

I will never stand behind someone while they putt but I will step over after they hit and watch the break. Oddly enough I forget to watch my own ball a lot after it goes by the pin.
  10. badolds

Those with a bag without a separate putter well.

No putter well. No ------- way!! I have a bag that I want to love and use but it has no putter well so it stays in the closet holding old clubs.
  11. badolds

Who do you want to play with?

I am neutral. Don't be a richard and we will be just fine.
  12. badolds

Moved up a tee box today

I enjoy playing from forward tees. I will shoot 3-6 shots better usually and I enjoy the game more when I score well. If its a course I play often I will play the shorter tees until I break 80 and then move back from there.
  13. badolds

Do You Remember All of Your Shots From the Round?

I cannot remember every shot the next day. I am glad of it:p
  14. badolds

Build Your 5 Brand Bag

Driver Callaway STD. Mavrik Hybrids Callaway Super Hybrids 17* and 20* Irons Ben Hogan PTX pro / Icon combo set 4-PW Wedges Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50* and 54* Ping 58* lob wedge. Putter Odyssey Bird of Prey

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in