Recent content by Baghorn

1. B

Favorite blades of the past decade?

Mizuno MP-20’s….I love them!
  2. B

Ball Striking Improvement - GI or Forged/Blades

I moved to blades in the mid-90's and hit 10,000 balls with them and became a really good ball striker as a result. I ended up loving the feel and feedback of the blades and have played them ever since with the only exception being when coming off a really long layoff.
  3. B

What's Your Favorite Or Favorites Inexpensive golf balls?

Agree on the Wilson Staff Zip....2 dozen for $19.95 on Amazon. I actually made my first hole in one using a Zip that I had been trying to lose on a ball eater course but kept hitting good shots with it. Now, it's on my desk permanently!
  4. B

blade shaming a thing ?

Amen to that brother....distance consistency is outstanding with my MP20's. I also appreciate I immediately know from the feedback exactly what kind of swing I put on the ball. That feedback helps me correct and groove my swing.
  5. B

Just got a rangefinder with slope-how accurate is it?

I love my Bushnell Pro XE with Slope & Elements. I've never hit so many balls hole high...the rest is up to me and my MP20 blades.
  6. B

Golf Balls: Which golf ball is ACTUALLY BETTER than the prov1 and prov1 x.

The two best balls I've found for my game are the AVX and the Bridgestone Tour B RX. I'm older and swing speed is down from the glory years but these two balls perform fabulously for me.
  7. B

Who plays a true MB/blade?

I've been playing MP20 MB's 3-PW with a HMB 2 iron since they came out...before that I was still playing my old MP29's 2-PW. I love them...the feel and feedback is fantastic and the distance control is outstanding.
  8. B

Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder

For you guys who have the ProXE and have occasional issues getting it to lock on vs the way your old V3 worked it's because they lock on differently. With the ProXE you need to swipe the recticle across the target (the pin) and it locks onto the closest object in the sight picture. It works...
  9. B

2021 - Year of Iron Feel?

Have you hit the MP20 MB? They are right there with the MP14's and MP29's....maybe even a bit better feel as I had Sensicore shafts in my 14's and 29's. I still have the 29's and was playing them right up until switching over to the 20's earlier this year and the 20's are just as sweet...
  10. B

Best Cooler for Golf?

The Yeti Hopper Flip 8 fits perfectly in a golf cart basket....it will hold 6 beverages and enough ice to keep it cold for 24 hours. The downside is it expensive. If you want low cost then Callaway golf cart cooler is great. It will leak after a while but has nice capacity and folds up to fit...
  11. B

Upgrading from 845s Silver Scot (1988)

Mizuno MP-29's are one of the rare sets that had that reverse offset where the PW had the most offset and the 3 iron had the least. Tiger blended the MP29 long irons with the MP14 short irons (which had the least offset in the PW and most in the 3 iron) to create one of the early combo sets...
  12. B

Most Used Driver Model

I don't know...that is EXACTLY what I see at my club across hundreds of bags of members. I'm not saying their figures prove anything but they are not far off based on my eyeball test. I also don't know what dates that data represents (this week or earlier in the year) or how frequently people...
  13. B

Most Used Driver Model

I don't know about that...my club is one of the biggest...about 3,000 members and 5 courses. I'm constantly checking out what's in the bags of every other player I come across there. I rarely see any current model clubs in people's bags, I rarely see last year's models. I've only seen a...
  14. B

Range Finder with slope. Any Ideas and are they worth it?

I have a Bushnell Pro XE that I bought after reading some feedback from JMan. It is an end game rangefinder that considers distance, slope, temperature, and barometer pressure. It is lightening fast and the optics are 7x and outstanding. The cherry on top is the BITE magnet that allows...
  15. B

Forgiveness vs Precision

That is exactly my experience as well. I am actually way more consistent with my distance control and ball strike with a smaller headed blade than I am with a GI or especially a SGI type club. It goes against the commonly accepted wisdom but that doesn't change the fact that it's true for me...
Back