Recent content by barrelMOnkey

1. B

The great Birthday Birdie hunt

Ok, so still no birdies. I'm starting to think I should've stipulated net birdies, with my handicap I think I would've been pretty good with birdies in my last round. Another course I've never played. It was a nice walk, very peaceful. My only real complaint is that I found it a bit open. It...
  2. B

Today's course was one that I've never played before. It was a very nice course to walk around, and probably the most "golf clubby" type course I've played so far. Rolling fairways with a light rough cut fringe, and big greens. Here's the score card Overall I was happy with how I played this...
  3. B

Well, the great birdie hunt continues. I did come close today though. My overall score was terrible, as you can see from the scorecard I played with my colleagues from work, we all play off a very similar handicap, they played quite a bit better than I did! The 15thbwas a good hope for all...
  4. B

Well. That isn't the scorecard I thought I'd be reporting after the first few holes. I'm not here to make any excuses, but it was very windy today. It's not an excuse, but just an observation. Really swirly wind as well, impossible to read for most people. I decided I would give Big Willy...
  5. B

It's my birthday tomorrow, and I have a week off to play lots of golf. I've booked a round at a different course every day, 3 of which I've never played before (we are blessed with perhaps 20 really good courses within 30 miles of us). I've only ever shot one birdie in the 12 months I've been...
  6. B

What golf stuff did you buy today?

It's my birthday this weekend and I've been on a bit of a splurge. New Arccos sensors. I tried the ct10s but out of the full set, 3 failed to work from the start, and 2 other kept disconnecting from my watch and failed to track shots. Bagboy Nitro golf cart. I can't have it until my birthday...
  7. B

What did you shoot today?

It was bad. 50-53 for a total 103. This is following a run of 8 consecutive sub 100 rounds. Only 1 hole where I managed par, and shot two 9s in a single round for the first time in forever. It was very windy though, with 15+ mph winds. I'm not used to dealing with that, so there's my excuse.
  8. B

One worse than yesterday, with a 95 Was actually 1 better up until the 15th and had a blowout which spoiled my card. Still really poor connection with my irons.
  9. B

Bit of a weird one today. I played awful, with my losing 3 balls on the very first tee. They were breakfast shots though obviously so didn't count. I managed to run home with a 94 so I actually felt happy with the game despite me struggling to hit a shot where I wanted. Back again tomorrow so I...
  10. B

PGA Tour 2K

Plus when it comes to society online games there is always the handicap mode. Which take into account how you are playing at your chosen difficulty. So if you just can't deal with Pro mode, but at Am you are shooting -10 ever round, your handicap will adjust so that when playing in a society...
  11. B

PGA Tour 2K

I do like the level of tweaking you can do for difficulty. For example if you want to step up to pro level but feel the swing mechanics are just too much, you can turn that down but leave everything else like all the other aids at pro level. Or, which I prefer certainly for career. You can set...
  12. B

PGA Tour 2K

There is a significant step up between Pro-Am and Pro in terms of swing mechanics. The margin for error for both swing plane and the downswing tempo is very small and very unforgiving. There are 2 more difficulty settings above Pro which I am scared to go near.
  13. B

PGA Tour 2K

It's sad to hear about all the issues PS4 users are having right now. Think I made the correct choice opting for PS4 as I haven't had any problems and I really love the putting mechanic. I still can't figure out the downswing timing, sometimes I'm perfect, sometimes I'm slow even when I thank...
  14. B

PGA Tour 2K

I think the handicap system helps with that. So if everybody played at say, Pro level but with handicap it should allow for a fairly balanced leaderboard, like in the real game. Depending in the group size in the future you could always have multiple contests, aimed at different difficulty...
  15. B

PGA Tour 2K

Overall my early impressions of the game are positive. It's definitely less arcadey than any golf game I've played in the past, except for the golf club vr. The difficulty multiplier can be tweaked and chopped by turning various help tools on and off, but in terms of actual swing mechanics...
Back