Recent content by bbuonic81

1. bbuonic81

2022 Driver Search/Testing - Which would you choose?

Driver B could be lofted down and I will likely give that a bit of a try on my next session. My only concern there is that my "big" miss has historically been a slice, so I tend to loft drivers up where I can to avoid any default opening of the face. I really appreciate all the feedback in here!
  2. bbuonic81

I think the biggest feel difference was between the two shafts. I think I could game either head in shaft 2. I did game shaft 1 all season last season, so it's not like I couldn't play it, but I think shaft 2 does show some better numbers and better top swing speeds. This is certainly my...
  3. bbuonic81

Here's one for the tinkerers (so I guess all of us). With the massive caveat that I have yet to see any outdoor ball flights/results yet, I've been working on honing in my driver for 2022 with some simulator time this winter. For the moment, I've narrowed the testing down to two heads and two...
  4. bbuonic81

What golf stuff did you buy today?

There's a very real chance it'll end up the shortest lived golf experiment that I've ever tried, but have a 5 degree driver head on the way to try out. I most certainly do not have the "correct" swing speed for it, but since I am currently playing an 9 degree head lofted down to 8 and when...
  5. bbuonic81

AutoFLex Shaft

Got some swings in with one of these over the weekend and initially I am cautiously impressed. I am far from the longest driver of the ball and if there was a place where I'd be willing to throw money at "magic" tech it's definitely at the top of my bag. In 2021, my Shot Scope V3 tracked...
  6. bbuonic81

ALL-FIT Universal Shaft Adapter

Does this adapter keep the shaft in the same position (a la Callaway Opti-Fit) or does it require you to rotate the shaft (like Cobra)?
  7. bbuonic81

2022 Titleist AVX Golf Balls

I know it's too soon to tell, but would you generally think the AVX would be the lowest spinning of this set of balls (all things being equal for delivery, etc.) or just very similar?
  8. bbuonic81

2022 Titleist AVX Golf Balls

Funny that I was just looking for some early info on this ball yesterday. After an indoor session this last weekend, I am very intrigued by these - a degree lower launch and a couple of hundred RPMs lower spin on the driver looks to be just what the doctor ordered, so these will definitely get...
  9. bbuonic81

Limited Time Coupon from Budget Golf

For better or worse, this coupon doesn't work on any of the pushcarts I am coveting... Still - there are so. many. tempting. deals. out there.
  10. bbuonic81

Shot Scope V3 is Here!

I am still really enjoying my V3 but I do wish they'd include more than vs. a Tour Pro for Strokes Gained. Doesn't feel like a particularly good standard to measure yourself against for a 10-15 handicap.
  11. bbuonic81

SeeMore Putters Thread

Question about a potential club work: I have a SeeMore m5x Proto A (the bigger, black, dual lined mallet) - can you re-shaft that head with an offset shaft and still utilize RST or is that one that only works with a straight shaft?
  12. bbuonic81

Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

Finally got my B21 out on the course this last weekend and had some interesting results. Coming from a Epic Flash Sub-Zero with a heavier weight in the front port, the "off the shelf" weight of this seemed very light to me. That said, I also hadn't been on a golf course in about four weeks, so...
  13. bbuonic81

Not trying to push, but anything significant to share on the weight front?
  14. bbuonic81

In typical 2020 fashion, my November 1st golf was canceled due to the 6 or so inches of snow we got in the Boston area on Friday last week so the B21 remains un-hit in my bag. Hopefully this weekend will bring a chance or two to get it on the course. Until then, I'll live vicariously through...
  15. bbuonic81

I have used that same setting in the past - moved away from it a bit after doing some indoor testing and seeing how lofting down changed my numbers for the better (with the massive caveat being "on good swings"). I have, let's say, a few Callaway tipped shafts in a bunch of weights, flexes and...
Back