Recent content by bbuonic81

1. bbuonic81

First Look: Titleist 2020 AVX Golf Ball

A lot of ball talk is going to be focused on another big release today, but has anyone been doing any more testing with the new AVX?
  2. bbuonic81

CONTEST FIVE WINNERS: Callaway Golf Bags from The Grandaddy

"I might look tough, but I really just want a hug." If I were lucky enough to win, I'd definitely be in for "Not Water".
  3. bbuonic81

Thanks - I appreciate it. This will likely go head-to-head with the new Chrome Soft for a spot in my bag for the season. I've liked the AVX in the past, but for me, my peak height and land angle are a hair on the low side for my irons, so if that's the case with this ball, it may not fit me...
  4. bbuonic81

@Molten In your testing, what are you seeing for peak height and land angle numbers in comparison to your normal numbers/other balls (if you know them)? With AVX being touted as a "lower launching" ball, I am just curious how those two data points might play out.
  5. bbuonic81

First Look: 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X Golf Balls

Does Callaway do a "Loyalty"-type promotion like Titleist? If so, I wonder if these will qualify...
  6. bbuonic81

First Look: 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X Golf Balls

The fact that Triple Track will now be on the regular Chrome Soft has me very happy that I held back and did not stock up on golf balls during end of year sales. There is little doubt this will be my gamer for 2020.
  7. bbuonic81

Your Club Champions Experiences

Had a great fitting experience at the Needham, MA Club Champion on Saturday. Worked with Nick who was knowledgeable, patient and game for running through anything and everything that could help my game. In short, whether you're in the market for new clubs, looking to make sure you're in the...
  8. bbuonic81

TaylorMade SIM Drivers

This is the first TM driver in a couple of years that has my full attention. Golfer me is really hoping they happen to have some demo heads at Club Champion this weekend; My wallet...not so much.
  9. bbuonic81

I am heading to a full bag fitting on Saturday morning and couldn't be more excited. I am a full-fledged club tinkerer and while it's endlessly fun (and a habit I'm sure I'll never be able to fully shake), without the time to hit the range as much as I'd like and playing fewer and fewer...
  10. bbuonic81

New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

These irons have my full attention. I have a Club Champion fitting scheduled for just after the new year and I will absolutely be spending at least a little bit of the time making sure I hit these and get the correct One Length specs in case these end up being my 2020 irons.
  11. bbuonic81

Just scheduled a fitting for January 11th here in the Boston area. I've told myself for a long time that I should just go get fit and play what makes sense instead of switching equipment so much. Who knows if I'll be able to follow through, but this is a first step at least. My goal for 2020...
  12. bbuonic81

New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

I am so tempted by the One Length version of these. I need to (try to) wait to get a full fit before pulling the trigger though.
  13. bbuonic81

WTB: Callaway Big Bertha 815 Driver Head

I am working on putting a driver together for a buddy who is playing a head that he's just not getting along with at all. I am on the hunt for a Callaway Big Bertha 815 driver head (either 9 or 10.5 degrees) and I figured I'd throw a feeler out here in case anyone has one in their stable that...
  14. bbuonic81

WTB: Toulon Weight (20 Gram)

This may be a long shot, but I'm on the search for a 20 gram weight plate for a Toulon San Diego - preferably the 20 gram version. If someone has a full weight kit and isn't using that one or has one they experimented with an fell out of love with, shoot me a note. I have one on order with...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in