Recent content by Beowulf

1. Beowulf

West Palm Beach Area Members

I have a situation that requires a bit of help from some one I can trust that lives near or in West Palm Beach Florida. I have an acquaintance there that is need of some help with a vehicle. It is a 2006 Hyundai Tiburon that has had the passenger door nearly ripped off (folded back and dented...
  2. Beowulf

My latest acquisition

On my way home from my weekly In-Service, I stopped by a garage sale. For those that have read my previous posting about this type of thing know that I do this a lot. Too much according to my GF, but hey, it's my time and money right? Anyway, I picked up a couple of clubs that hopefully will...
  3. Beowulf

Right thing to do. (long Story

I have a little story to tell y'all about something that happened this weekend. As some of you may have read, I go to a lot of yard sales and auctions and buy a lot of old clubs to tinker with and some to put on Ebay. On Saturday morning, on my way to work I stopped at a yard sale. Inside the...
  4. Beowulf

Polara Ball makes national news

Just read this: Polara Ball
  5. Beowulf

Michelle Wie's new bag

Michelle Wie just posted pics of her new golf bag on twitter. What do you think?
  6. Beowulf

Why play golf?

Because fishing is too easy!
  7. Beowulf

Your Top 5 Accordian Players

In no specific order: Phil Cunningham Lawrence Welk Conan McDonnell (this dude can squeeze!) Kepa Junkera (one of the best out there) Petar Ralchev I hate that the majority of good accordian players are either Bulgarian or Romanian, but the genre of that music is definitely more conducive to...
  8. Beowulf

Hulu

While I was waiting for my favorite place to come back today, I finally got around to checking out Hulu. I watched a number of TV shows that I had not seen or even thought much about since the late sixties/early seventies. Shows like, Land of the Giants, Time Tunnel, and Sea Hunt to name a few...
  9. Beowulf

Congrats NWHacker206 and wcueb923

These two members won the Name the bag contest on Qoda Golfs FB page. They will both receive a new bag from Qoda Golf as well as have a stand bag and a cart bag named by them. Qaliente and Qintana are the winning names. Way to go guys!:clapp:
  10. Beowulf

Golf Tec Indianapolis (Long Post)

I just wanted to let everyone know about my initial experience with GolfTec guys in Indianapolis(Carmel). After this mornings radio show, I went online to see about a local golftec. Turns out there are two of them in Indianapolis. I sign up for their free newsletter and click a box saying I am...
  11. Beowulf

Bob Vokey to do a live Q&A webcast June 1st

Received an email from Team Titleist today: "Master Craftsman Bob Vokey is going to take a quick break from designing his legendary, precision scoring tools – better known as Vokey Design Spin Milled wedges – to spend some time next week with Team Titleist via live webcast." Live Webcast June 1st
  12. Beowulf

World #1 is in play

The #1 rank in the world is in contention this weekend. Up to 6 players could possibly hold that title depending on a number of scenarios. By Helen Ross, PGATOUR.COM Chief of Correspondents Should Kaymer make another early exit, there are plenty of players waiting in the wings to take over...
  13. Beowulf

Strange Ebay Listings

I spend a considerable amount of time scanning ebay listings. Antiques, jewelry, knives, clothes, collectibles and even the occasional golf club. I have seen a lot of really strange listings. Did anyone see the window from the Kennedy assassination a while back? Well today I saw the strangest...
  14. Beowulf

LPGA: RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup [Spoilers]

I had to start this thread because it contains two of my most favorite things in this world; women and golf! The LPGA has suffered a tremendous amount over the last few years, turmoil in the management, favorite players retiring long before their time, whiny stars that expect too much...
  15. Beowulf

Breakmaster Green Reader

I was reading through my emails today and saw this item from a discount golf company. It is the exelys breakmaster green reader. I searched for it here and found nothing, so I figured I would start a thread and ask if anyone was familiar with it. The web page for it has a quote from El Tigre...
Back