Recent content by bigapplehacker

1. B

How would you play this hole (#2, 2021)

7i, 9i +\- a club will yield the best scores over time for most of us. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. B

Whiskey Thread

Was mistakenly given some Woodford Reserve Malt Whiskey instead of the bourbon. Was disappointed until I tasted it. Highly recommend it for a very nice change of pace. Think Paddy Irish Whiskey but better aged to be even smoother with more flavor. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. B

Kirkland Signature 3 piece urethane V2

I have never noticed the v 2.0. I’ve been playing the 1.0 almost exclusively. I think they are great balls for the money, particularly off irons and around the green. Would be curious to hear anybody who had played v2.0 and seen any different from the first iteration. Sent from my iPhone...
  4. B

Whiskey Thread

Hope that’s a joke. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. B

Whiskey Thread

I’d like to know. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. B

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Volvik makes some nice balls. But the ones with the matte finish are not for me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. B

It’s just using a yellow pigment in the cover instead of white one! To be fair - I think this entire thread is mostly mental! I get that there are premium balls, but is there really that much difference amongst the premium brands of a similar type? I’d argue not as much as we’d suggest...
  8. B

I think the difference in the white and yellow balls, assuming they are authentic, is in your head. Do you think pros would play yellow balls if they thought they were inferior? Nice stash. Have you tried K Sigs? Though I would play titleists if my $300 went that far. Sent from my iPhone...
  9. B

Has your drinking increased with being cooped up at home?

I don’t know how to respond to that. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. B

Has your drinking increased with being cooped up at home?

Give this a shot. https://www.titosvodka.com/recipes/vodka-drinks/titos-christmas-lights-out/ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. B

How do you decide on your ball?

When I hit my first 75 cent K sig, I knew. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. B

Have you ever felt like calling it quits?

Drugs and alcohol. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. B

The Worst Shots in Golf.

CRUSH a great drive, but position yourself with less that a full gap wedge, about 80 yards from hole. Scared to hit it, you don’t close your wrists and shank it in the woods. Triple bogey. partner you are playing against for money hits it short. Duffs second shot. Gets close in 3. Hits on in 4...
  14. B

Pin Cut on Slope

I did not realize it was a stated preference. I agree Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. B

Can a weekend hacker ever strike consistently pure?

I would suggest trying to play, or better yet, practice, at least once during the week. I find my ball striking (and general game) to improve dramatically on the weekend if I can swing a club during the week. Unless you are a really good athlete, I don’t thing most of us are going to strike...
Back