Recent content by BigE

1. B

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Irons

Lol....
  2. B

I'm heading out for my first official round of 2024 today here in Upstate NY. Was debating whether to use my current Apex DCB's or send out the HALO's for their first test run. Decided to go with the HALO's. Excited to see how it goes although my expectations for the 1st official round of the...
  3. B

I think the intent was simply that shorter clubs, all else being equal, will be more accurate than longer clubs. I did not use the accuracy build. I actually bought a pretty mint used set of HALO's off of ebay and then had club champion fit me to better shaft. All my irons are 1/2 inch over...
  4. B

My quest to build a bag of "the easiest and most forgiving clubs to hit."

I went Halo's because I like hitting fairway woods or hybrids better than irons (I carry an 11, 9, 7 and 4 wood...lol) And Halo's seem like the best of both worlds.
  5. B

My quest to build a bag of "the easiest and most forgiving clubs to hit."

I'm getting older (now 66) and my swing speed is starting to slow a bit (although right now I can still swing my driver in the low 90's). In anticipation of that I've been on a quest to put together a bag of "the easiest and most forgiving clubs to hit" even though I'm currently still playing...
  6. B

I had a similar experience. I'm now 66 and in the process of building a bag "of easiest clubs to hit". I went for a fitting to test out all the super game improvement irons (even though I'm a 9 handicap). After an afternoon of testing, it came down to the Titleist T350's or the Cleveland Halo...
  7. B

Are you stubborn when it comes to change?

I think the fact that I'm a Sidesaddle putter answers that question!
  8. B

2 Questions - Handicaps & Differentials

Yes & Yes. In fact, I calculate and keep my own handicap.
  9. B

My Wright Balance Fitting and lesson with Larry Rinker

Yes, Larry has made that statement. At 65, and with some bad hips - I'm definitely an upper core swinger (and probably always have been...lol).
  10. B

9-Wood Yes or No?

I have both a Callaway Epic Max 9 wood (which replaced my 5i) and a Callaway Epic Max 11 wood (which replaced my 6i). Putting those two clubs is my bag was the best thing I ever did for my golf game. Super easy to hit.
  11. B

At 65, no doubt I'm on my way to 50g shafts too. But I think that's probably a few years away for me (my driver swing speed is still in the 90-92 mph range). One of my reasons for moving off my 85g Paderson shafts was that I too could feel they were beginning to be a little work to move. I...
  12. B

Wow. That's a huge change. Probably 100g+ steel shafts to 50g graphite shafts. I can see where that would take some getting used to. What inspired such a dramatic change? Why not 70g shafts or there about? I'm just curious (although it seems to be now working out for you). E
  13. B

My bad then. Sometimes it can be hard to interpret tone and intent from the written word. My apologies!
Back