Recent content by biggsy

1. biggsy

The Hangover: Part II

I can't wait until Memorial Day. Any chance this is as funny as the first? I can't think of a comedy sequel to a huge hit that was even close to the first. Trailer looks good.
  2. biggsy

Happy Birthday 7-11! Free Slurpees

Happy birthday, 7-Eleven! :cake: The convenience store chain celebrates its 85th birthday on July 11 with free 7.11-oz. Slurpees at participating locations from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Here is the store locator. http://www.7-eleven.com/Stores/Default.aspx they plan to give out 7 million free Slurpees.
  3. biggsy

Great story from Ladies Euro Tour

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/melissa-reid-wins-first-start-since-her-mother-204218964--golf.html Melissa Reid wins in first start since her mother’s tragic death It doesn't matter who wins this week on the PGA Tour, the best story in golf came from the Ladies European...
  4. biggsy

European Tour and Social Media

Pretty interesting article on comments made by Euros on social media and how they face sanctions for some comments. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/story/2012-06-21/european-tour-social-media/55743486/1 PULHEIM, Germany (AP) – The European Tour has reminded players that they face...
  5. biggsy

Jose Manuel Lara BMW Incident

Was just breaking news overnight on TGC. Jose had 15 clubs in his bag and wasn't discovered until the second hole. The caddie then went into some deep brush and tried to hide the club. The way the story was relayed is that his playing partners became suspicious and officials were summoned and...
  6. biggsy

Man Aces Hole During Tourney - Doesn't Get Paid!

We've all seen these contests at tournaments. Maybe some of us have been lucky enough to get an ace and win a huge prize. Not so when this young father got an ace. The prize was insured by the unmentionable website below but hasn't been paid. I hope they nail this scam artist to the wall...
  7. biggsy

Another Scorecard Snafu

Feel bad for this girl. I think the rule needs to be revised so human error (honest errors) are taken out of the equation. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/verge-state-history-oregon-golfer-loses-state-title-100321371.html Eugene (Ore.) Churchill High girls golfer Caroline...
  8. biggsy

Superstitions

With today being Friday the 13th, I thought it would be an interesting topic. I walked under a ladder last week and one of my buddies about tackled me. Things like that have never got to me and I'm just not superstitious. It's not to say I've never been. I shot my first 300 after I smoked a...
  9. biggsy

Energy Drinks & Shots

I used to pull all nighters when I was slammed with work and relied on mountain dew and coffee. This was before five hour energy. I got some samples at the PGA Show. Samples is an understatement. Seems like I ended up with a case. I tried one a few weeks ago and it works. If I knew about these...
  10. biggsy

Power Balance LLC may have to shell out $57 million for bogus bracelets

Power Balance LLC may have to shell out $57 million for bogus athletic-enhancing bracelets It’s game over for a bracelet company that boosted profits while claiming its product bolstered athletic performance. The company that made the Power Balance bracelet, the hologram-embedded piece of...
  11. biggsy

Girls golf hits rough

Article in local paper about the health of girls golf. It's sad really and I hope more interest can be raised for the future health of the game. Getting the ladies to come to SW Florida is a big move for the area and I hope it draws some kids to galleries. Girls golf hits rough Surveying the...
  12. biggsy

LPGA expected to announce move of championship to Southwest Florida

From News-Press.com The LPGA Tour has scheduled a press conference for Thursday at TwinEagles in North Naples, where it is expected to announce the anticipated move of its tour championship to Southwest Florida in November, 2012. The News-Press previously confirmed the expected move of the...
  13. biggsy

Dudes Don't Drink Diet!

It's not for women...at least that's what in their ad campaign. Dr. Pepper is making a soft drink aimed at men. Not sure it's a wise marketing campaign, cutting out a huge part of the population and Diet Dr Pepper might be the best diet drink out there. Early reports shows that the campaign is...
  14. biggsy

The Founders Club - Sarasota, Florida

I have a chance to play this course tomorrow. I had never heard of it until it was brought up yesterday during my round about playing it this week. After reading about it online, I am more than excited at the opportunity to play this course. It's a Signature Robert Trent Jones, Jr and from the...
  15. biggsy

David Toms wins the Payne Stewart Award

David Toms Named PGA Tour's "Payne Stewart Award" Winner http://www.pgatour.com/2011/r/09/20/payne-stewart-toms/index.html ATLANTA -- David Toms, a champion both on and off the golf course, has been named the 2011 winner of the Payne Stewart Award as announced today in a press conference with...
Back