Recent content by bigskyirish

1. bigskyirish

2022/2023 Soccer Thread

So true. At least for now, I'm going to leave open the possibility that Gio's parents did all this without him knowing or approving. In which case, it has to be absolutely mortifying and I feel bad for him. If he knew or was in on it somehow, I'm with @mikeg_74 - if never plays for the USMNT...
  2. bigskyirish

2021 Titleist T-Series Irons

You really should. They are so good.
  3. bigskyirish

Odyssey Players Championship Staff Bags

I LOVE my Odyssey putter, but I think that bag is awful looking.
  4. bigskyirish

2022 TaylorMade STEALTH Drivers

I think you're going to love it outside. I was initially swapping back and forth between a Ventus Black 6S and an RDX Blue 6S. Both were entirely playable and I had some good shots with both, but the consistency of the TR 6X blew both of them away. At least for me, it was like the very best...
  5. bigskyirish

I played the Stealth Plus 8* with a Ventus TR 6x yesterday. The combo was really, really good for me. I was consistently in places on my home course that I've either never been able to reach before or only reach on very rare occasions. My misses were also very playable - not a lot of curve...
  6. bigskyirish

That's crazy. Did you order direct from TM? I ordered a Stealth Plus 8* yesterday from Rock Bottom Golf and went with the Kai'li because it was in stock and I didn't want to wait 5-6 weeks for the shaft I'd prefer (I have another one that I'll just swap in anyway). It will be here tomorrow.
  7. bigskyirish

TaylorMade Spider GT Putters

Same here. Seems like they should have gone with another name for this line.
  8. bigskyirish

Revisited: How Would a Scratch Golfer Fare Against an LPGA Pro?

Yeah, they were. In the article I read, Lowe (who was the low am/celeb) said Nelly Korda hit it by him 90% of the time. Another guy (I forget who) said Ariya Jutanugarn consistently hit her 3-wood past his driver.
  9. bigskyirish

Full Bag of Gear

Having hit nothing in the just released lineups from any OEM yet (winter in Montana and all), I'd go Callaway. Even if something in their lineup isn't my absolute favorite, I'd still be very confident that everything from top to bottom would be great and work for me.
  10. bigskyirish

Ask Me Anything about THP

I remember a few years back, there was an event with Hank Haney in the works. Is that idea dead for good?
  11. bigskyirish

Ask Me Anything about THP

It is hard to go wrong with the Man Candy at Ignite Bistro as an app.
  12. bigskyirish

What one thing helped you take the biggest step?

For me, I'd say it was adjusting my mindset to try to keep doubles off the card at all costs. My scoring improved dramatically when I starting made a concerted effort a couple years go. Of course, the hero shot is fun, so I don't always remember.
  13. bigskyirish

2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

I think this is a perfect analogy and I couldn't agree more with the last two sentences. If Callaway had made some sort of statement at any point explaining why they are changing course, I think I would view it entirely differently. But instead, they have been vocal in criticizing others for...
  14. bigskyirish

2022 Callaway Rogue ST Driver Lineup

I also should clarify that even though Callaway flipping its position disappoints me, I absolutely think the root of the problem is Fuji. Making a non-Velocore version with the same graphics is complete BS.
Back