Recent content by BishopBreaks80

1. BishopBreaks80

Putter Length

I'm 5' 6" and use a 33" putter. The lie may be worth considering, as well. I tend to prefer a 70° lie angle, but my Odyssey is currently at 71°.
  2. BishopBreaks80

Phil going arm-lcok

This made me laugh... considering that the original Ping Anser was designed in 1966...
  3. BishopBreaks80

What are the recent books you have read on improving your game? Videos too ...

I'll echo this, sort of. When I first started playing golf I made the mistake of trying to use books and videos to develop correct full-swing technique, because I didn't see the value that was provided by paying for lessons. Unfortunately, I feel like I wasted the first five years I was trying...
  4. BishopBreaks80

When do you play your 4 iron?

After evaluating my club distances, I actually pulled my 3 iron out of the bag for my hybrid. I couldn't hit the 3 off the deck well at all, and even off the tee it played 231-235 yards (which is less than I get out of the 4 when teed). I decided that having a hybrid was more versatile.
  5. BishopBreaks80

When do you play your 4 iron?

I'll use mine for 210-225 yards, low punch shots, but also off the tee on short par 4s, long par 3s. I love the club. My conservative carry is 205 with it, but I get total of 230-250 off the tee (the set has a lot of forgiveness in the top end).
  6. BishopBreaks80

Short Game Tips from Phil Mickelson

This is honestly one of the best Short Game videos I've ever used. I honestly tend to skip through the putting tutorials that Phil uses, but the Hinge & Hold method I feel as complete Gold.
  7. BishopBreaks80

Arccos Shot Tracking

I'm through 12 rounds since purchasing the Arccos with Caddie Link, and I'm honestly all-in. I used the Game Golf Classic and Live versions in years past, but haven't had a tracking device for the last 3 seasons. This has become an immediate game-changer for me. As I mentioned, I've been using...
  8. BishopBreaks80

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Putter Preview

It looks really similar to the milling pattern on my Studio Style. Talk about a throwback (this is before Scotty decided to only put GSS on Circle T's, and charge 3x the retail price).
  9. BishopBreaks80

Is Patrick Reed that unlikable?

I've read different things about Reed, but the vast majority aren't good. His demeanor to me is that of someone who is entitled and arrogant. He seems like the kind of guy who always tries to One-Up the other guy who's getting attention while telling a story at a party. Brooks likes to talk...
  10. BishopBreaks80

First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

Picked up my 56° Full and 60° Low from the Pro Shop at my course last night, and immediately took them home to work some chips. I was immediately impressed at the feel of the clubs, which felt much better than my RTX-3s, but the distance control wasn't so foreign that I couldn't dial it in. All...
  11. BishopBreaks80

What do you consider a low/mid/high handicap?

I agree with this sentiment, but name it differently: High Handicap: 18+ Mid Cap: 9-17 Low: 2-8 The low areas move into a bit of a grey area for me: Scratch: 1 to +3 Stick: 1 to +5 Just Take My Money: anywhere from 9 and lower
  12. BishopBreaks80

Forged, but forgiving.... what do you recommend from recent years?

These are a good choice. And, if you're looking for some that are even older, I've been using the Wilson Staff FG Tour F5s for 3 seasons now.
  13. BishopBreaks80

What iron profile are you playing?

I'm not sure whether mine are Player's Distance or Player's Cavity. The Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 have pretty traditional lofts, but more forgiveness than the D2's which they replaced. I'm not sure that WS makes a recent replacement anymore, either. In any case, whether or not I should be playing...
  14. BishopBreaks80

TaylorMade Releases TW Grind Wedges

Tiger definitely takes this all the way to the bank; IIRC he's a major Stakeholder of TMaG
  15. BishopBreaks80

Practice Instead of Play

In reference to OP: I think that both range time and game time have place, and need a balance (at least for me). The Practice Range/Green: This is where I need to hash out technique, develop feel, comfortability with the different aspects of the game. Yes, practice is fun, but I also need to...
Back