Recent content by Black Jim

1. Black Jim

How many rounds do people play?

Our season is from April to September, I try to play at least once a week, I'm at 25 rounds so far. Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
  2. Black Jim

What did you shoot today?

42/42=84. Last three rounds have been 82, 83 and 84... Before this season my PB was 85, I think it's time to break 80! Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
  3. Black Jim

83(par 73), PB(equaled, +10) second round in a row. Love the game atm! Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
  4. Black Jim

How do you make birdies most often?

Reaching a par 5 in 2 or at least getting close to the green in 2. Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
  5. Black Jim

How much do you practice vs play?`

In the beginning of this season I went to the range or short game area a couple of times a week, but now I go out on the course and practice play 6-9 holes instead. I figure it puts me in a big variety of game like situations and I play a few extra shots if I want to. Skickat från min SM-G930F...
  6. Black Jim

45/37=82 PB, and I couldn't putt for my life! I have gained about 40 yards on my drives and actually manage to keep them pretty straight though which does make the game a tiny bit easier... Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
  7. Black Jim

42/42 = 84(+11) personal best. I could not hit a clean shot with my irons but managed to get away with it and score somehow.
  8. Black Jim

I’ve come to realize

I have gone from bump and run with 7-pw to only use my 58*, I have some mental issue that stops me from getting clean contact with those clubs. I'ts probably a easy fix if I just practice a bit, but for now it's my 58* with the club face more or less open depending on what I want the ball to do.
  9. Black Jim

Green Reading

I take a look from behind the ball, try to see the line of the putt and then try to putt it on that line aiming for "left edge" or "a ball to the left" or so. If I miss I don't know if it is because of reading the green wrong or if i missed my intended line. Putting is my biggest concern atm all...
  10. Black Jim

Removing My 5i

I carry a 5i and a 4i. I use the 4i for safe tee shots and the 5i for safe safe tee shots, and I use them quite often from the fairway as well. I do most of my chipping with my 58* wedge, I have never even held a chipper in my hands.
  11. Black Jim

How Many Rounds Do You Play the Same Glove?

Usually 20ish rounds. Last round I played without a glove and I will continue without the next round as well.
  12. Black Jim

When to Practice vs. When to Play

I think the practice of being focused on the shots is a very big part of improving my game(you still need to grind on the range and other practice areas ofc).
  13. Black Jim

When to Practice vs. When to Play

So... tell me more about that 97? 😇 OT: I'd probably play and use it as a practice round.
  14. Black Jim

Going to the range

I usually start with my 4i which need some swings to get going, then every other club feels a little easier to hit after that. I finish with spoon and driver which I can't hit anyway.
Back