Recent content by BluesManDan

1. BluesManDan

My new chipping method: Modified Rule of 12 or Rule of 11.

Just so everyone knows, I’m the op and it hurts my head to read the explanation too!!! The basic idea is figure out what club gives you equal carry and roll. Add or remove loft by changing clubs to get less or more roll out based on where you want to land it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. BluesManDan

My new chipping method: Modified Rule of 12 or Rule of 11.

I’ve really shifted to just using one club most of the time… (incidentally partly because of James Ridyard’s advice) but that takes more practice. On a day like today when I got to the course late, I definitely SHOULD have used the rule of 12 approach. In fact now that it’s winter I’m really...
  3. BluesManDan

The dad joke thread

Did you hear about the cow that swallowed a stick of dynamite? It was abominable. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. BluesManDan

How old when you started playing golf?

11. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. BluesManDan

Putting question

If you’re right handed, having a short left arm is actually a benefit! It lets you set up more easily and more relaxed while being able to remain a bit more square. No need to tilt or flex the left arm to set up. You can just set up square, let your arms hang, and since the left hand grips it...
  6. BluesManDan

Do You Putt at Home?

A 15’ mat I bought off ebay for $40. Use it almost every day. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. BluesManDan

Recommend a coffee machine

I’ve owned and used drip, pour over, aeropress, french press, Italian stovetop, keurig, and percolators. I typically roast my own beans and grind them in a burr grinder. I drink 2-3 largish cups (10-14 oz each) per day. Keurig: works okay but you can only put a limited amount of coffee in those...
  8. BluesManDan

What's for Dinner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. BluesManDan

Fried Chicken......Whats your favorite piece and why?

Gus’ on front street? The best I’ve ever had. I like a breast with the wing still attached! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. BluesManDan

Tall person, short putter?

I recall reading a couple years ago that the average putter length on tour was 33.5” and average height was 6’2”? Most tour pros let their arms hang totally loose, not straight but almost. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. BluesManDan

Stax vs Pringles

Do they still make tato skins? I loved those! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. BluesManDan

Stax vs Pringles

I like both. Stax is crunchier and a stronger chip for dipping. And the Stax container is a little better made. But if I’m not dipping I prefer Pringles I think. My favorite all time is Pringles Sweet Mesquite BBQ... which I haven’t seen in a few years [emoji3525] So now I just buy the BBQ of...
  13. BluesManDan

How to avoid hitting under a fluffy lie in rough.

Ball placement. Move it back in your stance. Possibly will need to club down if you move it back far enough to deloft the club much... kinda depends on the lie and how thin or thick the rough is, whether it’s a flier type or a kills-your-speed type. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. BluesManDan

Can you precisely notice center of gravity in an iron?

I’ve had sets that I liked or disliked based on the cg being too high or low, making it difficult to feel like I’m hitting the sweet spot. My Palmer blades were really low cg so I always felt like I had to sweep the ball no divot... my MP4’s were pretty low but okay... 681’s were rather high and...
  15. BluesManDan

Video "Casting" ...........How do I get my hands in front of ball? HELP!

The first swing looked like it was going in the right direction. I think you are intending to hit the ball with maximum speed (not meaning the fastest you can swing but that the fastest part of any given swing is at impact). That creates full extension at impact and thus the early release...
Back