Recent content by Bob M

1. Bob M

Does arthritis hurt your golf game?

Hands, knees, right shoulder and lower back for me. It certainly hasn't helped my game, however it's pretty manageable with NSAIDS on a day-to-day basis. For this season I have switched to JumboMax XS grips, which seem like they will help a lot. Got cortisone shots in both knees last September...
  2. Bob M

New NFL Kickoff Rules

Seeing the XFL video (I don't watch the XFL) from X helped me visualize this change, thanks @echico for posting it. After thinking about it, I kind of like it too, although there will most likely be unintended consequences which require tweaks. Much better than eliminating the kickoff...
  3. Bob M

Do you 6 hybrid?

Well I did it today.....ordered a G430 7H! After several Trackman sessions this winter, I've concluded that I cannot reliably hit a 7i high enough to stop on the green so out it goes. As of now, I'm planning to gap to the 8i, and after some changes in my wedges my bag should look as follows...
  4. Bob M

The Yellow Ball

I've played yellow golf balls for the past several years because (i) they are easier for my old eyes to follow in the air and (ii) since not a lot of folks play them, easier to identify on the ground.
  5. Bob M

Shot Scope X5 Watch

I am considering replacing my G710s, now on their fourth season, and toward that aim am now testing a Sub70 699 V2 7i. Since I do not play 14 clubs, I am able to carry 2 7-irons and am wondering if, by using a different tag (in my case the X1 tag), I can track the two 7-irons separately on SS...
  6. Bob M

Shot Scope X5 Watch

Played my first round of the year today, 9-holes at Pinecrest in RI. My X5 worked mostly flawlessly, although it missed a couple of chips and I finished with 70% power remaining on the watch. I tried the hole view feature, which I did not find all that helpful as it didn't show distance...
  7. Bob M

The 60 and over Thread

I've got my new goal....39 it is!
  8. Bob M

The 60 and over Thread

What type of skin cancer? I've never had melanoma but have had both squamous cell and basal cell carcinomas. I've had Mohs surgery 3-times, most recently in 2019 which left an open wound in my neck about the size of a quarter that took about a month to heal. The scaring is minimal, however, as...
  9. Bob M

The 60 and over Thread

Played 9-holes at Pinecrest (RI) today, shooting a 9-over 44. One of my goals for this season was to "break 90" (or 45 for 9) on this course which, although fairly short is tight and has tough green complexes with great greens (a 9-holer of 2,600 yards, rating/ slope of 66.2/123), because last...
  10. Bob M

GHIN 9-Hole Differential

In RI, the season does not start until April 1 and my Friday evening 9-hole league starts at the end of April, so I'll be posting 9-hole scores weekly. I'll report back when I start seeing results. In the past, I've combined 9-hole rounds myself (we play alternating front/back 9s) by waiting...
  11. Bob M

SeeMore Putters Thread

First I've heard of a Carbon Mac putter shaft. Looks good!
  12. Bob M

Build an "I Suck" Bag

I've pretty much been working on mine since the '23 season ended, LOL. For the long end of my bag, I have two goals: (i) improve gapping and (ii) significantly reduce my left miss. Regarding the first goal, reviewing ShotScope data, I learned that, from the deck, the Cally 3HL (really a 4W)...
  13. Bob M

One Length Irons Thread: Join the Revolution

Interesting! Literally yesterday I ordered a 699 V2 7i to test, not knowing that Sub70 is releasing an SL version. Other than the lie, which is a bit more upright in the SL version, the specs seem the same. It strikes me that if I decide to complete the set, I could do so in SL. Hmmmmmm
  14. Bob M

The 60 and over Thread

I'm going to Golf Galaxy for my second of three Trackman sessions this afternoon for a range session. For my third, I am going to play my first round of Sim golf in over 30-years. Yes, you read that correctly; in the early 1990s a sim golf place opened up in Cranston, RI. It was really crude by...
  15. Bob M

The 60 and over Thread

The senior (gold) tees at North Kingstown GC are 5,194 yards with a rating and slope of 65.3 and 106 respectively. The course is a Par 70.
Back