Recent content by BobA

1. B

Cobra KING SPEEDZONE Irons

I‘ve a question for those who have used both - which is better the F9 or Speedzone irons ? Better being defined by feel, forgiveness and such like. Thanks in advance to those who are able to comment Bob
  2. B

Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

Gamed a F9 last season and just got a SZ. Our seasons done now but a few drives out the back makes me think this is going to be fun in the Spring
  3. B

Are you a “Matcher”?

I’ve decided to start off next season with a Cobra bag throughout with the exception( of course ) of putter. My proposed season opener is: Speedzone driver Speedzone 3w Speedzone 7w F9 OL 4H 5H 6i-GW Black Wedge 56+60 SC 2020 Newport 2 Actual bag - Cobra Ultralight As season progresses I can...
  4. B

Interesting comment about one length irons.

Living rural and being a lefty it’s really tough to try out clubs so I bought a set sight-unseen online at an end of season sale. ( last years F9 OL ). While the season is over where I am, I’ve been practicing at home and I’ve been impressed- the clubs I thought may trouble me ( being longer...
  5. B

Do you Play "Winter Rules?"

100% winter rules. Examples we follow to maintain pace of play and just deal with the conditions are: Greens punched then max two puts, ball plugged in then pick up clean and place and ball lands in a pile of leaves in fairway or first cut (not in deep rough) and “disappears“ then, after a...
  6. B

So Cobra F9 One length irons - who has gamed them? (or F8s)

I’ve decided that next season I’m going to commit to OL. Our season here end next weekend but I’ve ordered a set at discount which will arrive soon and I will practice in the yard/indoors until next season starts
  7. B

Matte Golf Balls?

Like them - especially callaway superhot orange
  8. B

Crocs for your clubs....

Hard negative
  9. B

LH Golfer Rage

It’s definitely an issue - I’ve bought lots un-demoed and sight unseen based on reviews etc only to find that some stuff doesn’t work for me and has to be rehoused or (more likely) just hidden away.
  10. B

The 7 Wood - Tell me about it....

For some reason I had A falling out with hybrids and went back to FW woods which includes a Cobra f8 7-8 wood that, for me, is a dream. Strongly recommend something in that 20-24 degree range ( Heavenwood to 7 wood ).
  11. B

Cobra KING F9 SPEEDBACK Driver

Now nearly a month in with the F9 and it’s been gamed daily. Continue to be impressed- obviously distance is the best ever ( bettering the now sold Epic Flash and Rogue ) and accuracy is also there when operator error is absent !
  12. B

First Look: Cobra Golf T-Rail Irons

First round this a.m. with the new T-Rails. A mid/high handicapper playing off a 17, I managed a respectable 14 over so that‘s always nice. The T Rails bought were 4h-PW though the only clubs that were struck this round were 6-PW and here’s my thinking and observations: Looks and Feel - At...
  13. B

First Look: Cobra Golf T-Rail Irons

Been gaming a combo of 2019 Big Bertha hybrids and irons so far this season but - really liking my F8 Cobra FW woods with the rails - I jumped on a good deal for a set (4h-PW) of the T Rails which arrived today. Took a few hits with each club and they feel nice - seem straight and are...
  14. B

Cobra KING MIM Wedges

So, I find myself with that “head vs heart“ dilemma ; I Love the look of my three MIM’s and the feel off them ( especially the full shot with the 52 ) is sooooo very soft but...... the spin and stopping power is giving me grief. I’m not the “spinniest“ of players but I’m getting kind of...
  15. B

Favorite Golf Ball

I’ve played most - was big QST and then Z Star last year. Really tried to like the CS but just can’t seem to score with it and have recently tried the B RX which for my game is outstanding; long and straight off the driver and very responsive off scoring clubs. For me, it’s a keeper.
Back