Recent content by bobellis75

1. bobellis75

Trying to Break 100

This guy's got a lot of good stuff out there. He just tells it (for me) in a way that's easy to understand and so much common sense. I like the laid back nature of it all, too.
  2. bobellis75

Trying to Break 100

Nice! I always play from the white with my friends...I should probably try from the red and see what difference it might make. Back in 2020/21 I was pretty consistently breaking 100 from white, but shoulder injury got me, then I got the yips really bad, then shoulder got worse....so I haven't...
  3. bobellis75

Trying to Break 100

Been a long time since I've poked around here! Hit today for the first time in a long time...shoulder injury has really had me sidelined for more than a year. Frustrating first handful of balls, but got into a groove with the 7 iron, then 6 iron, then back down to my 54 degree and then PW...
  4. bobellis75

Trying to Break 100

Yep. My guy is currently not doing lessons until Covid subsides a bit. This is all new to me. To have just completely “lost” it. I am considering doing a lesson with someone else but I think mostly I’m struggling with coming off shoulder issues and a long layoff. Sent from my iPhone using...
  5. bobellis75

Trying to Break 100

Bring it on...I'll feed you some good KC BBQ, get you some good local beer, and we can play some mediocre to terrible golf. :) Yeah some of the most fun I've had in the last couple years was honestly going out in a foursome and playing 2v2 best ball. You get to hit a shot, and if it sucks, your...
  6. bobellis75

Trying to Break 100

Just stopping by to see some progress by you duffers.....Hamfist - two rounds scheduled? Jealous. The last time I was here I think I was having a mental meltdown. I'm still not sure I'm out of that yet. I have take a long step back and assessing a few things. 1. How good do I really need to...
  7. bobellis75

Trying to Break 100

Yeah it’s not that I’m worried about how I score but if I can’t even hit the damn ball it’s not exactly fun. I have just never quite been at this much of a loss. It’ll work out. I enjoy playing too much to give up. Like you I enjoy the work too. Even when it hasn’t majorly impacted my scoring...
  8. bobellis75

Trying to Break 100

How's everyone's game this spring...? I took some time off last year towards the fall or maybe even end of summer. Just wasn't hitting great, and decided I needed to finally put in work rehabbing my bum shoulder. Been out to hit a couple times recently (including today). I have completely lost...
  9. bobellis75

Would you want a Happy Gilmore 2?

I feel like you'd get some great cameos...think of all the guys on tour who grew up loving this flick. Lot of personable guys on tour now...JT, Fowler, etc, etc. Get a Mickelson cameo. Have Shooter get stuck playing with Barkley at a Pro-Am and Shooter has a meltdown due to Barkley sucking so...
  10. bobellis75

agreed...Like, I have seen CAddyshack 2 one time...doesn't take any of the shine off the first movie, and I will watch it any time I come across it on cable or whatever...
  11. bobellis75

Against better judgement...yeah...I'd kinda like to see it and see Sandler return to making some decent comedies. His Netflix output is garbage. But I feel like he could catch lightning in a bottle here...have a 2019 Tiger at the Masters moment. :) Plus Shooter needs the work. EDIT: I'd like...
  12. bobellis75

Trying to Break 100

I'm happy to be in the 90's at this point. I'm 45 now...the back is a little stiffer, I've had a rotator cuff issue, other things...I'm not old, but my body feels old on any given day. I'm happy to hit decent looking (non-embarrassing) golf shots and as you said - hang with the weekend warriors...
  13. bobellis75

Tiger Woods in Car Crash

They are saying muscle damage, correct? It sounded like they had to cut the tissue around the muscles to help blood flow or something...I dunno...I've ready so many different articles at this point about this i could be wrong.
  14. bobellis75

Trying to Break 100

welcome aboard....sounds like you fit right in, for sure! I noticed my biggest improvements around chipping/pitching/wedge play as well...it's a huge part of the game, can put you in position to birdie a hole, or it can stop the bleeding on an otherwise poor hole. short game/putting improvement...
Back